Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 303
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    May not be healthy this year:

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...avoid-surgery/

    I don't know who Liz Franc is, or how she messed up Cam's foot so badly, but starting QBs are on the Endangered Species list ...
    Interesting. That would go a long way to explain why Cam has been so immobile this season.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Interesting. That would go a long way to explain why Cam has been so immobile this season.
    It would...but there's something else amiss too. He hasn't been the same somehow since the Super Bowl year, including the Super Bowl itself. His body language, his demeanor, from the first possession of that game was all off. I remember saying something about it at the time. He was not the Cam of that year and those playoffs to that point. And he had a terrible game, and hasn't really been right since. It's as if the fun went out of the game for him and is still gone.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest NC
    Well don't look now but Kyle Allen has the Panthers back at 2-2 with a nice road win over the Texans today. The soap opera continues.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Well don't look now but Kyle Allen has the Panthers back at 2-2 with a nice road win over the Texans today. The soap opera continues.
    He wasn't great on the day with 3 fumbles, but he was good enough. His dodge of JJ Watt on third down, followed by a conversion, was huge. That being said, Christian McCaffrey accounted for 2/3 of the Cats offensive yards. He was both the leading rusher and leading receiver. I'm not sure how much longer that can continue, and I worry that his overuse increases the odds of a serious injury.

    At any rate, kudos to climbing out of an 0-2 hole to get to .500. Atlanta looks to be in a free fall, but Tampa Bay was on fire Sunday vs. the Rams. Oddly, the Panthers play Tampa for a second time before they play either Atlanta or New Orleans once.
    "There can BE only one."

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    He wasn't great on the day with 3 fumbles, but he was good enough. His dodge of JJ Watt on third down, followed by a conversion, was huge. That being said, Christian McCaffrey accounted for 2/3 of the Cats offensive yards. He was both the leading rusher and leading receiver. I'm not sure how much longer that can continue, and I worry that his overuse increases the odds of a serious injury.

    At any rate, kudos to climbing out of an 0-2 hole to get to .500. Atlanta looks to be in a free fall, but Tampa Bay was on fire Sunday vs. the Rams. Oddly, the Panthers play Tampa for a second time before they play either Atlanta or New Orleans once.
    I think there's a little bit of the Daniel Jones impact here too...meaning...Jones' gave the Giants a fresh start, a fresh attitude...I think Allen has done some of that for the Panthers too. As someone stated on one of the NY or national talk shows, the Giants defense now has a belief in their offense, and that will fuel better defensive performance. Eli had gone stale for the Giants, and so has Cam for the Panthers. The players know this. They can feel it. Both teams look refreshed over and above whatever yards, TDs, or fumbles/interceptions the new guy has. This includes the Panther D and players like McCaff...
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest NC
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I think there's a little bit of the Daniel Jones impact here too...meaning...Jones' gave the Giants a fresh start, a fresh attitude...I think Allen has done some of that for the Panthers too. As someone stated on one of the NY or national talk shows, the Giants defense now has a belief in their offense, and that will fuel better defensive performance. Eli had gone stale for the Giants, and so has Cam for the Panthers. The players know this. They can feel it. Both teams look refreshed over and above whatever yards, TDs, or fumbles/interceptions the new guy has. This includes the Panther D and players like McCaff...
    I agree with you and Highlander on both points. CMC has to have fewer touches or he is going to get hurt or wear down. I cannot believe we are calling his number this much.

    Our defense has been incredible the last couple games, especially the rush. We didn't allow Watson much of anything yesterday and were in his face the entire game.

    I agree that Allen didn't have a great overall game and yes the fumbles have got to be eliminated but I thought his passing was great. He is accurate and places his passes where the receivers can make the play and the defense cannot. I really like that he seems to already have control over the offense, in other words nothing rattles him and he looks like he's been the QB forever. Clean up the fumbles and I think he has a bright future in this league.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I think there's a little bit of the Daniel Jones impact here too...meaning...Jones' gave the Giants a fresh start, a fresh attitude...I think Allen has done some of that for the Panthers too. As someone stated on one of the NY or national talk shows, the Giants defense now has a belief in their offense, and that will fuel better defensive performance. Eli had gone stale for the Giants, and so has Cam for the Panthers. The players know this. They can feel it. Both teams look refreshed over and above whatever yards, TDs, or fumbles/interceptions the new guy has. This includes the Panther D and players like McCaff...
    True. Teams in the NFL are so close talent-wise that confidence can be a true differentiator between a good team and a bad team. Teams that have confidence win close, while teams without confidence can see losses start to snowball. Panthers were 2 yards away from being 3-1 and a playoff contender, and one completed deep pass away from being 1-3 and thinking about next year.

    That being said, I personally think Allen's just a better QB than Cam Newton right now (especially his passing), and he gives the Panthers a much better chance to win close games. I do think the Defense is also improved a bit and that's keeping us in games. The real question is whether Allen is better than a healthy Cam Newton, and/or whether Cam can get healthy again.
    "There can BE only one."

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    True. Teams in the NFL are so close talent-wise that confidence can be a true differentiator between a good team and a bad team. Teams that have confidence win close, while teams without confidence can see losses start to snowball. Panthers were 2 yards away from being 3-1 and a playoff contender, and one completed deep pass away from being 1-3 and thinking about next year.

    That being said, I personally think Allen's just a better QB than Cam Newton right now (especially his passing), and he gives the Panthers a much better chance to win close games. I do think the Defense is also improved a bit and that's keeping us in games. The real question is whether Allen is better than a healthy Cam Newton, and/or whether Cam can get healthy again.
    Oh, to clarify...yes, I agree that Allen now is better than Cam ...now...and Daniel is certainly better than Eli now. My point is, this kind of change pays collateral dividends with the rest of the team above and beyond the upgrade at QB.

    I thought the last few years we had games where our O was going no where...and it seemed to really hurt the D. Playing D is all about attitude, and intensity, and it's hard to keep that up when you don't think your team can score enough to win.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    On the day that Slye died, CMC was amazing.
    And even though I'm on the fence about Riverboat...congrats to him for taking the franchise wins record.

    I honestly had not thought about Cam Newton once yesterday...other than to wonder if he was on the sidelines anywhere.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    On the day that Slye died, CMC was amazing.
    And even though I'm on the fence about Riverboat...congrats to him for taking the franchise wins record.

    I honestly had not thought about Cam Newton once yesterday...other than to wonder if he was on the sidelines anywhere.
    What's a CamNewton....
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    What's a CamNewton...
    CamNewton? Like a fig newton, but a bit more eccentric.

  12. #112
    7 sacks, 7 turnovers. Fun game.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    ^^ Truth...but what's going on with Slye? Ugh...
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    I watched a bit of a game yesterday (latter part of Jets/Cowboys) and I think at one point something like six out of seven plays had penalties, either pass interference or holding. Ack.

    What I love is when they bring in The Expert on officiating, and since officiating has become so bizarre and whimsical, they really don't have a clue as to what's going on. Guesswork.

    Adding to that, the announcers are often oblivious...Stockton was doing the game i believe, and when a Cowboy clearly stepped out of bounds, he insisted the replay was about an illegal forward pass...(arguable, but barely)...

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    On the day that Slye died, CMC was amazing.
    And even though I'm on the fence about Riverboat...congrats to him for taking the franchise wins record.

    I honestly had not thought about Cam Newton once
    yesterday...other than to wonder if he was on the sidelines anywhere.
    Man I do. We would be absolutely killing these teams if Cam was healthy. Glad to know Kyle Allen won't make us lose games because he makes the safe plays but he won't take us far either.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Man I do. We would be absolutely killing these teams if Cam was healthy. Glad to know Kyle Allen won't make us lose games because he makes the safe plays but he won't take us far either.
    But he's not, and hasn't been for months now. I'm all for him stepping back on the field, but only as long as he is the Cam we saw at least at the beginning of last year. Until then, I'm enjoying the victories. Allen might not carry us to the SuperBowl..but unless he is 100%, neither will Cam.
    Hard to complain at being 4-0 with Allen.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest NC
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    But he's not, and hasn't been for months now. I'm all for him stepping back on the field, but only as long as he is the Cam we saw at least at the beginning of last year. Until then, I'm enjoying the victories. Allen might not carry us to the SuperBowl..but unless he is 100%, neither will Cam.
    Hard to complain at being 4-0 with Allen.
    Charlotte Observer weighing in this morning https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...236164948.html

    I can't say I disagree and I will even take it a step further and say at this point Cam is the backup QB until Allen does something to prove he shouldn't be the starter.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Man I do. We would be absolutely killing these teams if Cam was healthy. Glad to know Kyle Allen won't make us lose games because he makes the safe plays but he won't take us far either.
    Facts not in evidence sir...I would add, the history of pulling a sub QB (or sub goalie) on a winning streak is extremely poor for the returning starter. Some subs, like Brady, kinda hang around for a while as starters. This is kind of like the Kyrie Irving discussion going on DBR right now...it is pretty close to unanimous that Kyrie coming back hurt the team. And entire team being on a roll is a force greater than any one player.

    (memo to Carolina Hurricanes, DONT replace McIlhenney until he loses...oh, wait, too late...)
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    This is kind of like the Kyrie Irving discussion going on DBR right now...
    Don't get this thread locked, too!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    But he's not, and hasn't been for months now. I'm all for him stepping back on the field, but only as long as he is the Cam we saw at least at the beginning of last year. Until then, I'm enjoying the victories. Allen might not carry us to the SuperBowl..but unless he is 100%, neither will Cam.
    Hard to complain at being 4-0 with Allen.
    100% agreed. It helps we get to start Allen during this easy stretch (Cards missing 3 dbs, Jags w/o Ramsey, Tampas pass d). I do worry on how he will perform against stiffer competition. He has shown a shaky arm when throwing outisde and seems afraid to throw it out there as well.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 Carolina Panthers
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-11-2019, 09:37 AM
  2. ACC Rosters 2019-2020
    By HCheek37 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 06-17-2019, 01:17 PM
  3. ACC Football 2019-2020
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-04-2019, 09:22 PM
  4. The Knicks Soap Opera
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 08:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •