Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    True, but I still miss better games because of this. Last week the Panthers/Rams game was pretty close at least (I watched a little), but Washington and Philly would have interested me more. I just get annoyed that the Panthers are on here every week (yes, I know there are plenty of more important things to be annoyed about!). I get that the NFL thinks everyone in North Carolina should be a Panthers fan, but it's just not going to happen.
    You don't get the exact game you want anywhere in the country. If you want to see a team other than your regional team you're going to have to get the league pass subscription, and that is true literally everywhere in the country. Enough with the whining.

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    I posted, albeit somewhat sarcastically, earlier in this thread that I was optimistic about this season. I did think that if things came together and with a healthy Cam we could be competitive. I am now ready to admit we are rapidly becoming a dumpster fire.

I have always defended Cam with the argument that even though he wasn't a top tier passer, you could not quantify all the other things he did to put points on the board and win games. That ship has now sailed. Whether it's his health or just his age I do not know but he seems to be a shell of his former self.

I have also always been a fan of Rivera but at this point you have to address the fact that for several years now he has been at the helm of a talented team and other than one fluke year where they caught lightning in a bottle he has underachieved. If we do not make a drastic turnaround it's time for him to go.

The Norv Turner experiment is a disaster. The play calling is horrible. He needs to go.

Tepper seems to me to be the kind of guy that will not accept these results for very long without making changes. I may be wrong but I think he will clean house if we continue to struggle.

Ugh, it sucks to be so pessimistic about your favorite team 2 games into the season.
    I tend to agree CB. I've always been a fan of Cam because he is a true dual threat QB and a lot of fun to watch. The last two years it seems we have tried to turn Cam into a pocket passer and that's just not him. He looks like a shell of his former self. Cam is not like Brees or Brady - guys who will pick you apart with precision passing. He's a bull in the china shop kind of QB. Something is off in Carolina and he's not himself. He's not Superman anymore. It's like he's lost his edge. I hope he's either over the hill or he's injured.

Last night he was just brutally bad throwing the ball and most of his passes went to three guys - Nearly Picked, Behind Him, and Sailed High. Play calling wasn't horrible; the execution was. Still, I don't recall any option plays, no designed runs. Its true that last night the O line did him few favors, but when he had time to throw he repeatedly (and badly) missed guys who were wide open. Cam ran 3 times for -2 yards and was 0-2 on fourth down conversions with a fumble. I can understand a bit why they opted to go with CMC in short yardage rather than Cam given those statistics, but once Cam rotated out of the pocket it should have been obvious to everyone in the world where the ball was going. And it was a variation of the exact same play they ran last week. Cam converts that down and distance over 80% in his career when the opposing team knows exactly what's coming! I have never understood why teams pitch it backwards 5 yards when they only have to gain a foot. Why make your job harder?

Carolina is now 0-2, with both losses coming at home to conference opponents, one of which is the lowly Bucs who now have a 3 game winning streak against the cats. I hate to throw in the towel before the season is even two weeks old, but this looks distinctly like the Panthers are picking up right where they left off at the end of last year, and will be playing for draft picks instead of a playoff berth. With a new owner who inherited both, I wouldn't be at all surprised if both Cam and Rivera are sent packing soon.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    You don't get the exact game you want anywhere in the country. If you want to see a team other than your regional team you're going to have to get the league pass subscription, and that is true literally everywhere in the country. Enough with the whining.
    Yeah...get the NFL Sunday Ticket....only $283 per season on Directv

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    Yeah...get the NFL Sunday Ticket...only $283 per season on Directv
    Reddit is your friend...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Reddit is your friend...
    The overlap between people whining about the Panthers being on TV and people who have the willingness to find their game online is probably small enough as to be non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    Yeah...get the NFL Sunday Ticket...only $283 per season on Directv
    Divvy it up with friends and you will find it significantly cheaper than spending Sunday afternoons in sports bars.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The overlap between people whining about the Panthers being on TV and people who have the willingness to find their game online is probably small enough as to be non-existent.
    I was stuck last night, no way to watch. Since NFL network isn't on Hulu, and the game wasn't carried (as some are) on Prime, and it wasn't on any local station, I figured I'd have to miss it.
    In the second quarter though, I signed up for a free trial of Fubo and was able to watch. This morning I cancelled my trial so I won't be charged. (Fubo actually looked good, but no ACCN, so screw that.)
    Thankfully, as I pointed out in another post, the rest of our games are 1PM so I'll be able to watch locally. (Win or lose, I'll still watch, but won't be as fun.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I was stuck last night, no way to watch. Since NFL network isn't on Hulu, and the game wasn't carried (as some are) on Prime, and it wasn't on any local station, I figured I'd have to miss it.
    In the second quarter though, I signed up for a free trial of Fubo and was able to watch. This morning I cancelled my trial so I won't be charged. (Fubo actually looked good, but no ACCN, so screw that.)
    Thankfully, as I pointed out in another post, the rest of our games are 1PM so I'll be able to watch locally. (Win or lose, I'll still watch, but won't be as fun.)
    I think mattman was referencing less...scrupulous ways of finding the games you want online.

This thread slid off course quickly....(not that there's anything wrong with that)...but on topic, I don't see Cam ever getting the mojo back, and the Panthers will start making plans soon for the post Cam post Ron era.

At least he wasn't sitting in KC watching the Chiefs and have the game get switched to the Browns for a more competitive game. Then they tried to pass it off as technical difficulties. I think they switched it and realized they should have left the KC viewing area out of the switch. Silly networks!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    This thread slid off course quickly...(not that there's anything wrong with that)...but on topic, I don't see Cam ever getting the mojo back, and the Panthers will start making plans soon for the post Cam post Ron era.
    Post Cam era better not include either of his backups...they are seriously unimpressive. Be bold, get Kaepernick out of exile for cheap. (Can't be worse, can he?) Or see if Slye can also play QB. I have a feeling that Grier was a wasted draft pick.
    It's really lousy timing to need a QB, because we have so many needs elsewhere. The O-line needs help, Olsen is on his last toe, Luke has been beaten up. Age is showing across this team, and not in a good "experienced" way. The GM has some serious chess playing to do.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Teams that begin the season 0-2 tend to miss the playoffs. A lot.

Before the Panthers, the Redskins ruled the local airwaves. Considering how thoroughly Snyder is destroying that once-proud franchise, I'm not sure I'd want them on my TV every week and I grew up rooting for Eddie LeBaron and Don Bosseler.

And yes, by the time I figured out they were owned by one of the worst racists in American sports, they had integrated.

But the NFL could have solved that dilemma by putting the Panthers in the AFC and Jacksonville in the NFC. Inasmuch as the two conferences are on different TV networks, problem solved.

But they didn't and it isn't.

I'm at the point where I watch the games but don't really have a strong rooting interest other than rooting against the Pats and the Cowboys, which probably means they'll play in the next Super Bowl.

But probably better for my blood pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I tend to agree CB. I've always been a fan of Cam because he was a true dual threat QB and a lot of fun to watch.
    Fixed it for you.

Cam Newton's status for the Carolina Panthers' Week 3 game against the Arizona Cardinals is unclear after the star quarterback aggravated a foot injury last week.
    Panthers general manager Marty Hurney told reporters that Newton informed the team of the aggravated injury immediately after last Thursday night's 20-14 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
    "I just kicked my locker over my suckitude on the field. My bad..it hurt."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...einjuring-foot

Maybe he tripped over one of his scarves....

To outdo OBJ, he tried a wearing $200,000 footwatch.

Treading very carefully...
    Already lots of QB health issues across the league.

Panthers have Eric Reed. Would they consider Kaepernick if Cam is hurt enough to be IR bound?

good teams have good quarterbacks, and the Panthers don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Panthers have Eric Reed. Would they consider Kaepernick if Cam is hurt enough to be IR bound?
    The dude hasn't played in how long? I'd pass.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    The dude hasn't played in how long? I'd pass.
    I'd take him. Like I posted upthread, our backups are NOT good, so even a rusty Kap has to be as good or better than those guys. And he'd improve once he got his game legs back.