Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’m not ready to put a fork in the season at 0-2 even if it is a grim start.

I’m not sure I’ve seen the amount of talent the Panthers assemble underperform as a team.

If nothing changes, I have to believe the Cam Newton era is coming to a close.
    I appreciate your optimism. I am impartial at best when it comes to the Panthers (their blue is just too close for comfort) but their schedule doesn't show me more than 5 or 6 wins at this point.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I think we can safely stick a fork in this season. Probably this coaching this staff. Cam Newton?
    Yes to all. Turner's play calling is abysmal. Cam is toast, or being treated as he's toast, or both. 4th and less than one...and we run a trick CMC play? No! Classic Cam would be lined up under center, and barrel that ball for the minimum 1st down and likely TD. In fact, we'd rarely see Cam not under center for any 4th and X, including the one he played out of the shotgun earlier in the game.
    If the D hadn't shown up for at least the third quarter, that game would have been a blowout. Pretty sad when our most effective weapon is our backup kicker. (And huge kudos to Slye, he's been a star.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I appreciate your optimism. I am impartial at best when it comes to the Panthers (their blue is just too close for comfort) but their schedule doesn't show me more than 5 or 6 wins at this point.
    Idk I see 8 fairly easy games and then toss ups against Atlanta. Nola, Houston, GB are the only ones I'm concerned about.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Idk I see 8 fairly easy games and then toss ups against Atlanta. Nola, Houston, GB are the only ones I'm concerned about.
    Last night was "a fairly easy game". It's pretty hard to make Winston look good.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Wow. Now I'm really impressed with your optimism.

Feeling good about beating the Seahawks?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yes to all. Turner's play calling is abysmal. Cam is toast, or being treated as he's toast, or both. 4th and less than one...and we run a trick CMC play? No! Classic Cam would be lined up under center, and barrel that ball for the minimum 1st down and likely TD. In fact, we'd rarely see Cam not under center for any 4th and X, including the one he played out of the shotgun earlier in the game.
    If the D hadn't shown up for at least the third quarter, that game would have been a blowout. Pretty sad when our most effective weapon is our backup kicker. (And huge kudos to Slye, he's been a star.)
    It definitely isn't just the play calling, because old Cam didn't only run on designed runs/RPOs, he would scramble when things broke down in the pocket. 2 games in we haven't seen any of that. Whether its that he's just done, or if there are still injury problems limiting him, he isn't playing right at the moment (non-existant as a runner, way off target as a passer). The o-line isn't doing him any favors, either, but some of those throws were just brutal. If he can get right the season might turn around but playoffs appear unlikely unless it happens in the next 10 days and I'm not confident we're going to see old Cam this season anyway, if ever.

Last night was "a fairly easy game". It's pretty hard to make Winston look good.
    Yeah...I see 3-4 wins on that schedule, not 8 easy games and 2 toss-ups. Any team that can put up 15-20 points can beat us right now.

#tankfortua

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    #tankfortua
    Please do not let us do this. Tua will not be a top 16 NFL QB. He's a fine guy to have but not at the cost of a #1 overall.

Please do not let us do this. Tua will not be a top 16 NFL QB. He's a fine guy to have but not at the cost of a #1 overall.
    Okok...wait a year and #tankfortrevor

#tankforquentin?

I am impartial at best when it comes to the Panthers .
    Not me. I actively dislike the Panthers. Just because they are in Charlotte (a city 2+ hours from me and that I have no attachment to) they are my "regional" team. Which means that every week 1 out of 3 of the Sunday day games available to me is the Panthers. I would be impartial about them if the TV schedule didn't try to shove them down my throat every week. I'm not a huge NFL fan anyway, the enormous quantity of commercials make the games really hard for me to watch, but I do enjoy tuning in sometimes to seem the great teams and players. That's rarely the Panthers ...

Howard

#tankforquentin?
    Has to be alliteration or a rhyme. Good luck with either

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    I do enjoy tuning in sometimes to seem the great teams and players. That's rarely the Panthers ...
    Well thankfully for you, the "great teams and players" get lots of night action. From here on out, the Panthers are relegated to the 1pm slot. So you can avoid that time/channel and check out the other game that's on, and/or wait for the two 4pm games and the the three night games of the week.

Has to be alliteration or a rhyme. Good luck with either
    #quitforquentin

#quitforquentin
    Nicely done.

I posted, albeit somewhat sarcastically, earlier in this thread that I was optimistic about this season. I did think that if things came together and with a healthy Cam we could be competitive. I am now ready to admit we are rapidly becoming a dumpster fire.

I have always defended Cam with the argument that even though he wasn't a top tier passer, you could not quantify all the other things he did to put points on the board and win games. That ship has now sailed. Whether it's his health or just his age I do not know but he seems to be a shell of his former self.

I have also always been a fan of Rivera but at this point you have to address the fact that for several years now he has been at the helm of a talented team and other than one fluke year where they caught lightning in a bottle he has underachieved. If we do not make a drastic turnaround it's time for him to go.

The Norv Turner experiment is a disaster. The play calling is horrible. He needs to go.

Tepper seems to me to be the kind of guy that will not accept these results for very long without making changes. I may be wrong but I think he will clean house if we continue to struggle.

Ugh, it sucks to be so pessimistic about your favorite team 2 games into the season.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Not me. I actively dislike the Panthers. Just because they are in Charlotte (a city 2+ hours from me and that I have no attachment to) they are my "regional" team. Which means that every week 1 out of 3 of the Sunday day games available to me is the Panthers. I would be impartial about them if the TV schedule didn't try to shove them down my throat every week. I'm not a huge NFL fan anyway, the enormous quantity of commercials make the games really hard for me to watch, but I do enjoy tuning in sometimes to seem the great teams and players. That's rarely the Panthers ...

Howard
    I actively dislike the panthers aswell.
    The carolina panthers .lets be real with the sickening shade of blue and they are in Charlotte. They are the north Carolina panthers .call them what they are.maybe im just anal that way.but it irks me to no end.they have very little to do with south Carolina outside of practice facilitys in the rock hill area of sc.its just like our local hockey team.the south carolina stingrays .greenville Charlotte and a few other citys have there own team.nooooo we are the sc stingrays.they are in north Charleston. Charleston stingrays ..
    Im not sure about the panthers but the stingrays have never had a profitable season.ill end my rant here.

I have Cam on my fantasy team. After his bad first game, there were a lot of "experts" who said he would bounce back against Tampa Bay. Obviously he didn't.

I thought that last week, he kept trying to show everybody how strong his arm was, and overthrew a ton of passes.

Anyway, I'm probably going to drop him. Any Panther fans think there's a reason to hang on to him?

Well thankfully for you, the "great teams and players" get lots of night action. From here on out, the Panthers are relegated to the 1pm slot. So you can avoid that time/channel and check out the other game that's on, and/or wait for the two 4pm games and the the three night games of the week.
    True, but I still miss better games because of this. Last week the Panthers/Rams game was pretty close at least (I watched a little), but Washington and Philly would have interested me more. I just get annoyed that the Panthers are on here every week (yes, I know there are plenty of more important things to be annoyed about!). I get that the NFL thinks everyone in North Carolina should be a Panthers fan, but it's just not going to happen.

Has Cam been any good since the car accident a few years ago?

I'm guessing he was more seriously injured than was released.