Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    If the Panthers are going to continue to be terrible for the foreseeable future (no indication I can see otherwise), I wish they’d trade Kuechly and McCaffery to teams where they would have a chance to win a SuperBowl instead of being a modern era equivalent of Barry Sanders.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Exactly, so I'm willing to watch us suck with Grier behind center. It's not like we have anything to lose at this point.
    I may have been wrong about that. Good lord we sucked yesterday.
    After benching turnover-prone Kyle Allen in favor of quarterback Will Grier, the rookie responded Sunday by going 27 of 44 with 224 yards and three interceptions. He was sacked five times and finished a rating of 46.0.
    Only silver lining was watching CmC pick up a few more records. If he weren't chasing history, the Panthers would be very wise to sit him.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I may have been wrong about that. Good lord we sucked yesterday.

Only silver lining was watching CmC pick up a few more records. If he weren't chasing history, the Panthers would be very wise to sit him.
    I have a fairly strong suspicion that the decision to go with Grier has to do with draft positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    If the Panthers are going to continue to be terrible for the foreseeable future (no indication I can see otherwise), I wish they’d trade Kuechly and McCaffery to teams where they would have a chance to win a SuperBowl instead of being a modern era equivalent of Barry Sanders.
    As much as it hurts to say this, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    As much as it hurts to say this, I agree.
    I don't agree, what kind of nonsense is that? Build around them and have a solid team in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I don't agree, what kind of nonsense is that? Build around them and have a solid team in a couple years.
    Just being pessimistic. I have no faith. Then again, with Tepper running the show, perhaps we should raise our expectations?

I wish I shared your optimism. The current team has a lot of really solid and competitive parts that have not gelled.

I’d be surprised if the Panthers are a competitive playoff threat 3 years from now. Feels like a lot of rebuilding required.

...something about the future led the owner to buy himself a soccer team for the same stadium....

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...something about the future led the owner to buy himself a soccer team for the same stadium...
    Beacause the Panthers are getting a new stadium supposedly closer towards the Carowinds area. Been the worst kept secret for 2 years now.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

We are ready to compete right now as long as Cam is healthy or we get a veteran qb (god I hope not). Shore up the safety position some and add O linemen is about all we really need.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Beacause the Panthers are getting a new stadium supposedly closer towards the Carowinds area. Been the worst kept secret for 2 years now.
    That's going to hurt downtown, er, uptown...

UPDATE: quick research and while the move may make it "closer towards" Carowinds, it is still going to be in uptown.
    Last edited by HereBeforeCoachK; 12-26-2019 at 06:50 AM.

Well I imagine we've seen the end of the Will Grier era....such as it was.

Kyle Allen was helping himself, until he threw a terrible awful interception late, and then laughed about it walking off the field. I mean, if they don't care....

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    At least CmC got his record without getting injured.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Anyone care for a swag guess on next year’s record with so many unknowns?

Anyone care for a swag guess on next year’s record with so many unknowns?
    Too many unknowns. I need to either know who the QB is or who the coach is. Ideally both.

Too many unknowns. I need to either know who the QB is or who the coachES are. Ideally both.
    There better be some wholesale changes on the coaching staff. Norv & Son need to hit the highway.

I wish I shared your optimism. The current team has a lot of really solid and competitive parts that have not gelled.

I’d be surprised if the Panthers are a competitive playoff threat 3 years from now. Feels like a lot of rebuilding required.
    There is so much parity in the NFL, turn arounds can happen quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Yep. The 49ers went from 4-12 to 13-3 in one season.

Unless you're the Redskins.

...including in one week....Fins 27 Pats 24 in Foxboro!