Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

The 2019-2020 Carolina Panthers soap opera

1. Is Cam healthy?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

I'm as excited for this Panthers team as I've ever been, AND it's an odd-numbered year. I say they go 13-3 and beat Da Bears in the NFC Championship game before defeating Jacksonville in the first-ever Cat Bowl. (I picked Chicago and Jacksonville solely for the storylines.)

Am I setting myself up for disappointment? You bet I am!

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    1. Is Cam healthy?
    That really is the only question of importance. A healthy and upright Cam makes the Panthers a top tier team. For all the (unjustified) hate Cam gets he has been an elite qb year in and year out and a sure fire hall of famer if he continues.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm as excited for this Panthers team as I've ever been, AND it's an odd-numbered year. I say they go 13-3 and beat Da Bears in the NFC Championship game before defeating Jacksonville in the first-ever Cat Bowl. (I picked Chicago and Jacksonville solely for the storylines.)

Am I setting myself up for disappointment? You bet I am!
    See item #1 post #1 of the thread. 😏

For what it's worth, Christian Mcaffrey(I don't know how to spell his last name off the top of my head, and neither does my phone) is considered the most valuable running back in the league this year in fantasy football, depending on what format you play. If cam is healthy, and Christian continues to live up to the hype it could be a fun year. The d-line is sneaky good, if the secondary can hold its water, this could be a great season. Lots of pieces have to fall the right way, and they cannot afford injury at QB or RB. That's not too much to ask right?

This is our year! There is no doubt that Cam's shoulder is fully healed and stronger than it has ever been. Our offense with him, CMC and all of our speedy receivers will have us in position to score points in droves.

The defense finally has our pass rusher and will have a much, much better year with a great line and the best linebacker in the league captaining the troops.

I predict 13-3 and the Cats first Superbowl win.

All this will happen, just mark it down!

How's that for optimism?
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

We are finally rid of those two awful, terrible, no good receivers. Hopefully the young guys are ready to step up, we have to have the least experienced WR corps in the NFL. Maybe in the history of the NFL? (Wait, apparently we got Chris Hogan? When the heck did that happen? Still, if Chris Hogan is playing a significant role this season I don't like our chances). I am excited for the potential.

I am very nervous about Cam's shoulder holding up through the season, and also about how our defense will handle the change to 3-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    We are finally rid of those two awful, terrible, no good receivers. Hopefully the young guys are ready to step up, we have to have the least experienced WR corps in the NFL.
    Scuttlebut out of minicamp and preseason is that Curtis Samuel has looked really, really good.

OK, I switched over to watch the DJ with the Giants for a series and just switched back, WTF happened to Cam?

Here's the play in which Cam hurt his foot. Doesn't look too bad. Maybe a twisted ankle?

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/s...94241588731904
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    It was nice to see Cam throw, but that was some seriously flat offense before hand and not the promising outlook I was hoping to see.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

annnnnnnd....he's hurt again...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    annnnnnnd...he's hurt again...
    This is why some of us hate preseason football. Absolutely no reason for him to even be on the field.

I think we can safely stick a fork in this season. Probably this coaching this staff. Cam Newton?

I think we can safely stick a fork in this season. Probably this coaching this staff. Cam Newton?
    Why? Our defense has looked improved and our offense has moved the ball well in both games.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Why? Our defense has looked improved and our offense has moved the ball well in both games.
    I, um, don't know exactly how to respond to that.

The season is already over.

I, um, don't know exactly how to respond to that.
    Tell him Denial is not a river in Eqypt...

Clearly this is a stale team...the bloom is off for Rivera, for Cam, for Norv...boring team, and not very good. Bad combination.

Not a Carolina Fan

IMHO Newton is either hurt or over the hill.
    Not a threat to run and a mediocre passer.

They have a good defense and some very good players but you need top flight QB to win and Cam certainly was not it tonight.

I assume that in the rain delay the NFL officials went home and some Pony League guys replaced them.

SoCal

Saying Newton is mediocre is giving too much credit to his passing right now. He's just awful throwing the ball. And seems reluctant to run..

I’m not ready to put a fork in the season at 0-2 even if it is a grim start.

I’m not sure I’ve seen the amount of talent the Panthers assemble underperform as a team.

If nothing changes, I have to believe the Cam Newton era is coming to a close.