Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Zac Roper?
    Don't make me anti-spork you. :P

In other Panthers news, Cam is opting to have surgery on his foot after all.

Will be interesting to see if the Panthers opt to make any moves with him in the off-season.

This does continue a weird trend where Can doesn't have surgery for a while and then finally does end up having the surgery and maybe should have done from the get go (I believe that is what happened with his shoulder IIRC).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

Will be interesting to see if the Panthers opt to make any moves with him in the off-season.

This does continue a weird trend where Can doesn't have surgery for a while and then finally does end up having the surgery and maybe should have done from the get go (I believe that is what happened with his shoulder IIRC).
    Might make him more appetizing to a new team if they see he did something about it.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Might make him more appetizing to a new team if they see he did something about it.
    Or less depending on the recovery timeline.

Panthers have descended into complete unwatchability.

Feel badly for Kuechley and McCaffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Yup. 3-9 Falcons are just crushing right now. This game is not even competitive.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Grier must absolutely suck at QB.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The Panthers just announced that they're firing Rivera a second time after today's game.

I'm not sure what's up with Kuechley this year, but he's getting burned a lot on the run. I heard speculation that the switch from 4-3 to 3-4 was supposed to free him up to be a rover, but losing Poe and another Defensive Lineman turned the D line into a sieve and he can only plug one hole. However, I've never seen him get pushed around like he has this year. Does that mean he's lost a step, or is it indicative of the people around him?
    "There can BE only one."

Grier must absolutely suck at QB.
    Not sure if this will make you feel better or worse, but last year 538 build a QB projection model that was very high on Grier (though I have my doubts about the model and their approach)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...cks-all-wrong/

Sold Out Panther Stadium....

in one day...for Garth Brooks NEXT MAY!

At least they'll make some coin that day for the franchise. Prolly 2 million rental for the week, and a few mill more on concessions and merch.

They waited one time on the shoulder and the other time they did it right away.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Cam Newton is a lot like you....he’ll never be the same again 🤪🤪

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    Not sure if this will make you feel better or worse, but last year 538 build a QB projection model that was very high on Grier (though I have my doubts about the model and their approach)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...cks-all-wrong/
    Panthers say "Screw that guy".
    Interim coach Perry Fewell said Monday the quarterback situation will be evaluated on a week-to-week basis, but that right now the team is sticking with Kyle Allen this week against the Seattle Seahawks because he give the team the best chance to win.

But is that what it's really about? Shouldn't the Panthers be finding out what they have in Grier, who hasn't taken a regular-season snap from center?
    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/panthe...rier/18822433/

Shouldn't the Panthers be finding out what they have in Grier, who hasn't taken a regular-season snap from center?
    I mean, only if they think they have something in Grier that they don't have in Allen. It isn't like it is totally unprecedented for a UDFA to be a decent player and a 3rd round draft pick not to pan out. I think it is much more likely that Allen is the future of the franchise than Grier is at this point (hint, neither​ is the future).

... It isn't like it is totally unprecedented for a UDFA to be a decent player and a 3rd round draft pick not to pan out. ...
    i.e. Steelers current QB situation ...

I mean, only if they think they have something in Grier that they don't have in Allen. It isn't like it is totally unprecedented for a UDFA to be a decent player and a 3rd round draft pick not to pan out. I think it is much more likely that Allen is the future of the franchise than Grier is at this point (hint, neither​ is the future).
    Exactly, so I'm willing to watch us suck with Grier behind center. It's not like we have anything to lose at this point.

For those more steeped in football history than I am, has there ever been a situation where a top NFL quarterback left their team in their prime for another team?

Just reflecting on what the Panthers can accomplish after Tepper pleads with the fans that his billions aren’t enough to field a competitive team and ask for more tax breaks and incentives.

For those more steeped in football history than I am, has there ever been a situation where a top NFL quarterback left their team in their prime for another team?

Just reflecting on what the Panthers can accomplish after Tepper pleads with the fans that his billions aren’t enough to field a competitive team and ask for more tax breaks and incentives.
    Well Peyton wasn't in his prime, but he still went on to win the Superbowl with the Broncos. (Over the Panthers, in a total gift of a game from the officials.)

At least one game too late, but at least we finally get to see Grier.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...204131322.html

At least one game too late, but at least we finally get to see Grier.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...204131322.html
    Is it? I'm not excited about Grier at all. Might as well roll with Allen for now.