Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Can they call kick catch interference on both Gaulden AND the Saints player?

LMAO at that being an attempt to punch the ball out. Nowhere near the ball or in the direction of the ball.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Calling Ross Martin!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Goodbye Joey Slye

Panthers play calling was hauntingly familiar. The defense was horrible. Kicking game? Well, ask soon to be ex Panther Joey Slye.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Panthers play calling was hauntingly familiar. The defense was horrible. Kicking game? Well, ask soon to be ex Panther Joey Slye.
    So tell me, was Rivera playing for FG when Slye missed, or did he have honest attempt at TD and have to settle....?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Calling Ross Martin!
    How isn't Ross Martin on an NFL roster? I've seen at least a dozen kickers worse than him play and get cut since he graduated. Blows my mind.

Much like Kasay before him, Gano casts a big shadow.

Slye reminds me a lot of Janokowski from FSU, and he’ll prove to be an amazing kicker in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    So tell me, was Rivera playing for FG when Slye missed, or did he have honest attempt at TD and have to settle...?
    Several attempts, and got stuffed. So The kick happened, or didn't happen.. Either way, they figured out a way to lose.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    If it weren't for the ACC Championship and the Belk Bowl, there would be no post season action in Charlotte this year.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    If it weren't for the ACC Championship and the Belk Bowl, there would be no post season action in Charlotte this year.
    ...the Charlotte Checkers....

"sorry, joey, the plane is full"....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    "sorry, joey, the plane is full"...
    That reminds of the story about Billy Joel letting his long time drummer go.

Liberty DeVitto, Joel's timekeeper of 30 years, told us at an L.A. screening of his documentary "Hired Gun: Out of the Shadows and Into the Spotlight," that he's still perplexed over his 2005 split from the pop star.

"It was Easter Sunday, the next day, Billy had a private plane and I wanted to get on the plane and I was told 'There's not enough room for you. Billy might want to lay down,'" the Brooklyn native recalled. "'So you cannot go home for Easter.'"
    "You're never fired," he said. "You're just not asked to do the next thing."

Oh it’s bad. So bad. To be honest I haven’t even watched as I took in the Ravens 49ers game but losing at home to the awful Redskins?!?! This is a new low. I have to think Tepper will make wholesale changes at the end of the season
    Last edited by DUKIECB; 12-01-2019 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Oh it’s bad. So bad. To be honest I haven’t even watched as I took in the Ravens 49ers game but losing at home to the awful Redskins?!?! This is a new low. I have to think Tepper will make wholesale changes at the end of the season
    It’s so bad the Panthers went up 14-0 and then decided in between series to be declawed.

We went to go buy a tree with 4(?) minutes to go instead of finishing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    It’s so bad the Panthers went up 14-0 and then decided in between series to be declawed.

We went to go buy a tree with 4(?) minutes to go instead of finishing the game.
    Between those first two possessions and the last two, the Panthers had 9 others. During those 9, they managed 46 total yards of offense, 8 punts, and one interception. That's around 5 yards. Not per play, per possession. It's also the fourth time this season the Panthers have had 1st and goal late in the game with a chance to win or tie on the line and failed to score.

On Offense, Allen didn't have a lot of time to throw. When he did, he held the ball way too long, or his receivers dropped a good pass, or he missed wide open receivers. McCaffrey could get nothing going between the tackles.

On Defense, we couldn't stop the run. Or put any consistent pressure on the quarterback. Play that best illustrates this was when we downed a punt on the 1 yard line. Arizona is of course going to run, everyone in the stadium knows that. Still AP breaks thru the line and gets a 20+ yard gain. SMH.

Special teams played well. That's about the only positive I can come up with.

How this team beat Houston on the road I have no idea.
    "There can BE only one."

Ron Rivera has been FIRED (per multiple sources including the team media).

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Ron Rivera has been FIRED (per multiple sources including the team media).
    Linky. How's that for soap opera?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Tough break for Ron, who I think is a pretty good guy and probably a pretty good football coach but I was never a huge fan of his with the Panthers.

Riverbottom Ron had to go, I'm happy. Also happy that Norv has been relegated to a towel boy for the rest of the season.

Offensive coordinator Norv Turner will transition to special assistant to the head coach, and quarterbacks coach Scott Turner will serve as offensive coordinator.
    Not too thrilled they are keeping the position in the family, however. Hoping that "like father, like son" will not be the case.