Page 78 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 3204
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The Giants had two picks early tonight, at 5 and 7. With the second one, they hopefully give DJ some protection with Evan Neal at OT. He's huge. 6'7", 337 lbs.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The Giants had two picks early tonight, at 5 and 7. With the second one, they hopefully give DJ some protection with Evan Neal at OT. He's huge. 6'7", 337 lbs.
    They did!

In addition to Neal, the Giants drafted two offensive guards. One in the 3rd round and one in the 5th.
    Bob Green

really hope they give Daniel a legitimate shot, with better protection and better receivers...and Daniel had best hold onto the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    really hope they give Daniel a legitimate shot, with better protection and better receivers...and Daniel had best hold onto the ball.
    The last is often related two the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    In addition to Neal, the Giants drafted two offensive guards. One in the 3rd round and one in the 5th.
    Both from Carolina. Civil war!
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

some good words for Daniel

Earlier we heard the Giants owner say the team had done everything they could to screw up Jones over the past few years, former WR Golden Tate seems to agree:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-daniel-jones/

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Earlier we heard the Giants owner say the team had done everything they could to screw up Jones over the past few years, former WR Golden Tate seems to agree:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-daniel-jones/
    When he puts it like that….Yeesh, poor DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    When he puts it like that….Yeesh, poor DJ.
    I didn’t see a mention of the offensive line.

Perhaps it wasn’t worth a mention.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The Giants plan to open with their healthy starters, per sources.
    So if anyone wants to take an early look at DJ and his offense, tonight seems to be a night to do so. New England, however, won't be starting their Jones at QB, and most of their starters are expected to be spectators.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...eseason-opener

Game is at 7 on the NFL Network
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

So if anyone wants to take an early look at DJ and his offense, tonight seems to be a night to do so.
    I definitely will watch the 1st Quarter to see how DJ looks.
    Bob Green

DJ 6-10 before getting subbed. I cannot believe Tyrod Taylor is still playing. Last time I heard from him he was getting his lungs accidentally punctured by a team doctor.

I cannot believe Tyrod Taylor is still playing. Last time I heard from him he was getting his lungs accidentally punctured by a team doctor.
    Hey man, it happens. That’s why you have two of them, you know?

DJ 6-10 before getting subbed. I cannot believe Tyrod Taylor is still playing. Last time I heard from him he was getting his lungs accidentally punctured by a team doctor.
    Can happen with an intracoastal nerve block.

The review from ESPN.
    This was exactly what the Giants' offense needed after an up-and-down start to training camp. Quarterback Daniel Jones and the starting offense moved the ball well and probably should have reached the end zone, if not for a bad third-down drop by wide receiver Kenny Golladay near the goal line. Jones still finished 6-of-10 passing for 69 yards and ran for another first down. It should take any outside pressure off him even though backup quarterback Tyrod Taylor followed by going 13-of-21 passing for 129 yards with a touchdown toss to Richie James. Overall, the Giants' offense and quarterbacks showed signs that they're headed in the right direction, and there is no need to make any rash moves or panic with another month to go before the regular-season opener in Tennessee. -- Jordan Raanan
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ule-highlights

DJ had a really good showing tonight against Cincinnati. Box score will show one INT, but his target had butter fingers and let the ball go right through his hands on a nice throw. (And of course an opportune defender was waiting and ready behind him.)

14/16 throwing for 116 yards in about a quarter and half of play, including leading a pretty scoring drive with 7 or 8 straight completions.

I saw a listing of the quarterbacks of all the teams listed 'best to worst' and whoever put it together decided that DJ was 31st. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I saw a listing of the quarterbacks of all the teams listed 'best to worst' and whoever put it together decided that DJ was 31st. Ouch.
    There's a list I'd put no value in whatsoever. I'm not even suggesting that Jones is top half, but that's just silly.

There's a list I'd put no value in whatsoever. I'm not even suggesting that Jones is top half, but that's just silly.
    Until this year DJ's had arguably the worst combination of OL and WR talent. Arguably the worst OL outright and worst WR talent outright (including TE's in this). A great OL or might offset a poor receiving group. Great receiving talent could slightly offset poor OL play.

Nobody could outplay both groups being weak. Nobody. Not Brady not AR not NOBODY.

Quote Originally Posted by HayYou View Post
    Until this year DJ's had arguably the worst combination of OL and WR talent. Arguably the worst OL outright and worst WR talent outright (including TE's in this). A great OL or might offset a poor receiving group. Great receiving talent could slightly offset poor OL play.

Nobody could outplay both groups being weak. Nobody. Not Brady not AR not NOBODY.
    100% agree with this, and RB hasn't exactly been great either with Saquon being hurt so frequently. Oh, and talking about worst outright he had been playing for some of the worst staffs I've ever seen assembled in the NFL. I honestly can't think of a worse one but will stop short of saying it was the worst in history because I am not enough of a historian.