Page 73 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3204
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Saquon when healthy is elite. He was the NFL’s offensive rookie of the year in 2018. Toney is a first round wideout. Rudolph is an above average TE and two time pro bowler. Golladay is above average. I agree their line stinks but I feel like the NYG have plenty of playmakers around Jones.
    Saquon once was a very good player- he has suffered major injuries and it is not clear he will ever get back there. Jones is not a star but is not a bum. It is hard to develop as QB when you don’t feel protected out there. Yesterday was a bad game. The Giants had been showing more of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Should have never been hired, but tough for Judge to bring in quality assistance when nobody respects him as an HC.
    Judge is the quintessential hire by Gettleman...Gettleman and Judge are old school boring "John Facenda" NFL types. Listen to Judges quotes...he's a boring predictable cliche machine...just like his entire coaching philsophy...which is Gettleman's philosphy as GM. They're trying to build the 68 Packers. Not gonna happen today. Would love to see DJ coaches by Andy Reid or someone else creative.

Saquon when healthy is elite. He was the NFL’s offensive rookie of the year in 2018. Toney is a first round wideout. Rudolph is an above average TE and two time pro bowler. Golladay is above average. I agree their line stinks but I feel like the NYG have plenty of playmakers around Jones.
    I mean, maybe? Saquon is seemingly never healthy, so being elite is irrelevant. Toney is a rookie and hasn't looked particularly fantastic, so who cares about what round he was drafted in? Rudolph, are you kidding? He had 64 grabs for 634 and 4 TDs; 10th in the NFL in TE receiving yards ... in 2018. He's 32 and hasn't been to a Pro Bowl since 2017, by that logic I guess the Knicks should sign Jordan. Golladay? I guess he's maybe above average? Is that even something to point to?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    only so much you can do when you have no playmakers and no line.

AFAICT people in NY don't especially think that DJ is the biggest problem on that team. Doesn't mean moving on is the wrong decision, only that the stats you provided are kind of meaningless when it pertains to DJ.
    This is my sense as well. I live in NY and am a Giants fan, although I don't follow football religiously. I think most people are disappointed in Jones but more so feel like the team has so many holes, particularly the line, but also the offensive skills positions, that can you really blame Jones? It might very well be time to move on for all parties involved.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    I mean, maybe? Saquon is seemingly never healthy, so being elite is irrelevant. Toney is a rookie and hasn't looked particularly fantastic, so who cares about what round he was drafted in? Rudolph, are you kidding? He had 64 grabs for 634 and 4 TDs; 10th in the NFL in TE receiving yards ... in 2018. He's 32 and hasn't been to a Pro Bowl since 2017, by that logic I guess the Knicks should sign Jordan. Golladay? I guess he's maybe above average? Is that even something to point to?

This is my sense as well. I live in NY and am a Giants fan, although I don't follow football religiously. I think most people are disappointed in Jones but more so feel like the team has so many holes, particularly the line, but also the offensive skills positions, that can you really blame Jones? It might very well be time to move on for all parties involved.

- Chillin
    I mean, the guys I mentioned on the Giants aren’t light years better or worse than some teams that are winning more than the Giants. The WFT beat the Bucs and Panthers the last two weeks with Taylor Heinicke as their QB lol pretty sure he’s undrafted. I look at their playmakers and don’t see how they’re much better than the NYG. McLaurin is good, their TE and supporting cast of WRs? Ricky Seals-Jones, Adam Humphries, DeAndre Carter, and Cam Sims. Yeah, I’ve never heard of any of those guys either. Their line is pretty banged up and bad too. Seems Daniel Jones is at least part of the problem there if not more than people around here think. I like him, he’s a good ambassador for Duke but the NYG knew this was a risky pick when they selected him. He’s getting outplayed by Taylor Heinicke and has arguably as skilled a team and weapons as Heinicke. Something about that just makes me surprised.

I mean, the guys I mentioned on the Giants aren’t light years better or worse than some teams that are winning more than the Giants. The WFT beat the Bucs and Panthers the last two weeks with Taylor Heinicke as their QB lol pretty sure he’s undrafted. I look at their playmakers and don’t see how they’re much better than the NYG. McLaurin is good, their TE and supporting cast of WRs? Ricky Seals-Jones, Adam Humphries, DeAndre Carter, and Cam Sims. Yeah, I’ve never heard of any of those guys either. Their line is pretty banged up and bad too. Seems Daniel Jones is at least part of the problem there if not more than people around here think. I like him, he’s a good ambassador for Duke but the NYG knew this was a risky pick when they selected him. He’s getting outplayed by Taylor Heinicke and has arguably as skilled a team and weapons as Heinicke. Something about that just makes me surprised.
    I have no idea what this website is. But after Week 10, they ranked Washington as the 6th best offensive line and the Giants as the 31st.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-10...-rankings-2021

WFT: "It might not be obvious based on win-loss results, but few teams have as good a platform to work from on offense as the Washington Football Team. Washington doesn’t have a bad performer on the offensive line, and while not every player is grading well in both the run game and as a pass protector, the overall baseline is extremely high. Rookie Samuel Cosmi has missed significant time now but potentially returns to action this week. Ten different offensive linemen have seen snaps for Washington so far this season, and not one of them has a PFF pass-blocking grade lower than 62.2."

NYG: "New York’s offensive line was taking baby steps in the right direction this season, but injuries have changed all of that and cast them back toward the bottom of the rankings. Andrew Thomas was a disappointment as a rookie but has been the unit's best player this season — and the team has missed him dearly when he hasn’t been playing. New York has now played 11 different offensive linemen at some point this season, and six of them have PFF pass-blocking grades below 50.0."

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    I have no idea what this website is. But after Week 10, they ranked Washington as the 6th best offensive line and the Giants as the 31st.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-10...-rankings-2021

WFT: "It might not be obvious based on win-loss results, but few teams have as good a platform to work from on offense as the Washington Football Team. Washington doesn’t have a bad performer on the offensive line, and while not every player is grading well in both the run game and as a pass protector, the overall baseline is extremely high. Rookie Samuel Cosmi has missed significant time now but potentially returns to action this week. Ten different offensive linemen have seen snaps for Washington so far this season, and not one of them has a PFF pass-blocking grade lower than 62.2."

NYG: "New York’s offensive line was taking baby steps in the right direction this season, but injuries have changed all of that and cast them back toward the bottom of the rankings. Andrew Thomas was a disappointment as a rookie but has been the unit's best player this season — and the team has missed him dearly when he hasn’t been playing. New York has now played 11 different offensive linemen at some point this season, and six of them have PFF pass-blocking grades below 50.0."

- Chillin
    I am not saying the NYG line is good. I said they stink in my original post. I’m just saying he does in fact have decent play makers around him at the skill positions. And there are teams doing more with less at those positions. An injured Saquon is still serviceable. Their receiving corps top to bottom is probably comparable or maybe even slightly better than the WFTs. Rudolph is better than Seals-Jones.

^ true, but the receivers have had a lot of injuries. It's been rare that they have them all available and in good shape at the same time.

I am not saying the NYG line is good. I said they stink in my original post. I’m just saying he does in fact have decent play makers around him at the skill positions. And there are teams doing more with less at those positions. An injured Saquon is still serviceable. Their receiving corps top to bottom is probably comparable or maybe even slightly better than the WFTs. Rudolph is better than Seals-Jones.
    Unfortunately, the offensive coordinator, Jason Garrett, was terrible and the OC is quite possibly the most important part of any offense. So with Garrett being such a liability the Giants had no chance, regardless of player talent.

Saquon had 25 yds on 6 carries. Sure serviceable is one way to describe that. I would say pretty limited.

8003EEA5-860F-4B7E-B2C6-C932DA20E688.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Saquon had 25 yds on 6 carries. Sure serviceable is one way to describe that. I would say pretty limited.

DJ took a verbal whipping from the normally pretty reserved Dan Patrick on Tuesday morning's show. His take? Daniel has all the skills you would want in a quarterback but he 'makes bad decisions.' He reiterated this point in the segment, which also included the line that he saw Daniel as a 'back-up quarterback in this league.' Ouch.

Lots of top picks in that list.

Daniel Jones throws a 1 yard touchdown pass to give the Giants a 10-0 lead over the Eagles in 3rd quarter.
    Bob Green

DJ is 13-20 for 139 yds and no TOs.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Daniel Jones with a solid performance in a 13-7 win over the Eagles. No turnovers.
    Bob Green

That's a tough comparison without knowing the team around them. For example, not all interceptions are the QB's fault.

Also look at age/experience. DJ and Darnold are 24; Mayfield is 26; Goff is 27; Ryan is 36. Give him a couple years, that's a stat that should get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Daniel Jones with a solid performance in a 13-7 win over the Eagles. No turnovers.
    Very happy for DJ on the win and the zero TOs....but I still wish they'd find a way to unleash him. I'm with Serby of the NYPost...a DJ friendly columnist...who says it's ridiculous to take a guy that high in the draft, and turn him into game manager. He's been on the "unleash Danny Dimes" for a long time. Jones has a big arm and can fly...use those talents.

Happy for the win -- but it was precarious-- 2 dropped TD passes for the Eagles in the last minute.

Daniel Out v. Miami

Daniel will not play against the Dolphins on Sunday due to a neck issue. There are some tweets going around that this might be a season ending injury. Hope that isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Daniel will not play against the Dolphins on Sunday due to a neck issue. There are some tweets going around that this might be a season ending injury. Hope that isn't true.
    I somehow missed this until saw he wasn't in the line-up today. Sounds pretty serious ---

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-qb-d...th-neck-injury

Hope he recovers fully. Neck injuries are scary.