Page 64 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1470
  1. #1261
    Full participation for Jones at practice today. He'll still need clearance from an independent neurologist, but if he avoids any setbacks and gets clearance, looks like he'll be in action on Sunday. Hopefully he won't get too up close and personal with Aaron Donald.

    https://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/sta...563047937?s=20
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

  2. #1262
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Jones playing today. Take care of yourself out there, DJ!

  3. #1263
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Jones playing today. Take care of yourself out there, DJ!
    I sorta wish that he weren't playing today. Give it a rest for a week or two.

  4. #1264
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Giants opening drive ends with a field goal for a 3-0 lead. Jones went 4-7, 44 yards.
    Bob Green

  5. #1265
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Giants opening drive ends with a field goal for a 3-0 lead. Jones went 4-7, 44 yards.
    Also got sacked.

  6. #1266
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I sorta wish that he weren't playing today. Give it a rest for a week or two.
    Seriously? These guys are professional athletes. If they are cleared to play, they will play. Football is a contact sport and that is part of the game. The risk is known and accepted. Pick a different sport if you like.

  7. #1267
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Seriously? These guys are professional athletes. If they are cleared to play, they will play. Football is a contact sport and that is part of the game. The risk is known and accepted. Pick a different sport if you like.
    I agree with your main sentiment...but I don't think Jones was healthy enough to play a good game in this particular scenario....and it's playing out that way so far. And for the record - basketball is a contact sport - football is a COLLISION sport.
    GREATEST SERIES END EPISODES EVER? !
    NOT MASH: either Burn Notice or The Americans.

  8. #1268
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Seriously? These guys are professional athletes. If they are cleared to play, they will play. Football is a contact sport and that is part of the game. The risk is known and accepted. Pick a different sport if you like.
    If it gets much uglier, they should think about pulling him though. 28-3 at half. The O line continues to be awful. It was a bad, bad half of football.

  9. #1269
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    4 turnovers on the day for DJ. Been sacked 3x.

    Rough day.

  10. #1270
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    4 turnovers on the day for DJ. Been sacked 3x.

    Rough day.
    I was keeping one eye on the box score while watching Packers at Bears but I’ve closed the box score.
    Bob Green

  11. #1271
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    4 turnovers on the day for DJ. Been sacked 3x.

    Rough day.
    THIS ^^^^^ is what I feared. He clearly was not ready to come back. Now he's gonna have the NY hate on him...bad bad move.
    GREATEST SERIES END EPISODES EVER? !
    NOT MASH: either Burn Notice or The Americans.

  12. #1272
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    THIS ^^^^^ is what I feared. He clearly was not ready to come back. Now he's gonna have the NY hate on him...bad bad move.
    The hate should not be directed toward Jones. He has no line and no weapons. Brady could not win with these Giants.

  13. #1273
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    The hate should not be directed toward Jones. He has no line and no weapons. Brady could not win with these Giants.
    I agree....but there will be hate, and he was clearly NOT ready to play today...medical clearance notwithstanding...and the "not ready" was the main point.
    GREATEST SERIES END EPISODES EVER? !
    NOT MASH: either Burn Notice or The Americans.

  14. #1274
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    Seriously? These guys are professional athletes. If they are cleared to play, they will play. Football is a contact sport and that is part of the game. The risk is known and accepted. Pick a different sport if you like.
    Yes, seriously.

    The giants aren't going anywhere this year. If you value Jones long term then protecting him short term is reasonable.

  15. #1275
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Yes, seriously.

    The giants aren't going anywhere this year. If you value Jones long term then protecting him short term is reasonable.
    This ^. How many NFL coaches would have played Daniel yesterday after the concussion? Not very many I would guess. No way he should have even been in the game. He should have been on the sidelines with the clip board and head set on. I don't know which is worse, the OL or head coach but I have a pretty good idea.

  16. #1276
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Couldn't decide whether to post here or in the OT Panthers thread, but DJ will be suiting up again today against the Panthers. Hope he bounces back next week.

  17. #1277
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Hope he bounces back next week.
    I’m good with a big bounce back this week. ✌️
    Bob Green

  18. #1278
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    N. Charleston, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I’m good with a big bounce back this week. ✌️
    Giants running the Blue Devils playbook.

  19. #1279
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post
    Giants running the Blue Devils playbook.
    So far it appears to be Duke Baseball….

  20. #1280
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rougemont Nebulae
    Almost time for the seventh inning stretch

Similar Threads

  1. The “Daniel Jones deserves his own injury vigil” vigil
    By scottdude8 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 09-21-2018, 02:42 PM
  2. Replies: 125
    Last Post: 08-20-2018, 02:50 PM
  3. Official "Would an All Kentucky NBA team beat Golden State" thread
    By FerryFor50 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2017, 04:07 PM
  4. Replies: 109
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 03:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •