Palmer
    McNabb
    Newton
    McNair
    Smith
    Vick
    Stafford
    Luck

and still young but looks like they are already better than Eli at any point in his career

Wentz
    Goff
    Mahomes
    Baker

and too early to really tell but I would bet on

Darnold
    Trubisky

I could even see an argument for

Winston
    Well this is a cumulative career ranking so obviously the guys who have only played 1-3 seasons are going to be low ranked. Some of those guys will surpass Eli as they extend their careers, others won't.

I'm not sure how you could argue that any of those guys have more accomplished careers than Eli which is what this is measuring (this is different than saying that they were better at their peak). Luck has basically done nothing in the league. Alex Smith is probably close but has accomplished much less. Regardless, I'm not sure how you say that McNabb or Palmer are "easily" better than Eli. There's a conversation to be had there, but easily?

Trubisky is going to flame out, book it.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Guess it depends on what your criteria is. I like Eli but talent wise he isn't near those guys. I made a list earlier this year to prove to a Cam hater that Cam is indeed elite based on his stats alone. What surprised me while making the list was just how bad Eli really was compared to the other qbs in the last 15 years or so (Been awhile since I checked but he averages more turnovers than tds or close to it). Those superbowls in his case happened because their defense carried them in the playoffs combined with a solid run game and Eli playing at a slightly above average level for a 3 or 4 game stretch.
    Eli is going to waltz into the Hall of Fame. Most of those guys are going to have to buy a ticket (Palmer, McNair, McNabb, Stafford, etc.). A lot of that is his 2 Super Bowl wins (and MVPs) but he was great in those playoffs.

Back on topic... as a huge Giants fan I am super excited about what I've seen so far from Daniel Jones. I'm sure Eli is going to start the year and that's probably for the best but DJ is going to see some play this year and the team should be his starting next season. They can't bring Eli back unless he wants to take a massive pay cut.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    This is pretty funny.
    "The Saddest Eli Manning Photo Ever Taken"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/saddest-e...160138931.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    This is pretty funny.
    "The Saddest Eli Manning Photo Ever Taken"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/saddest-e...160138931.html
    Beyond awesome...

-Jason "I suspect Eli isn't all that sad... he's probably sorta ready for someone else to take the reins. I mean, how many more blindside hits does he want to take?" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    Eli is going to waltz into the Hall of Fame. Most of those guys are going to have to buy a ticket (Palmer, McNair, McNabb, Stafford, etc.). A lot of that is his 2 Super Bowl wins (and MVPs) but he was great in those playoffs.
    Yeah, we are talking about a guy who is a 4 time Pro Bowlers with 2 rings and 2 Super Bowl MVPs on his shelf. I mean, he ain't one of the all-time greats, but he's a very, very good QB and one that Giant fans will look back upon fondly for many, many years. Dude is 38... I think some recency bias is leading to the negative feelings about him. He was probably top 10 in the league for many years earlier in his career.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, we are talking about a guy who is a 4 time Pro Bowlers with 2 rings and 2 Super Bowl MVPs on his shelf. I mean, he ain't one of the all-time greats, but he's a very, very good QB and one that Giant fans will look back upon fondly for many, many years. Dude is 38... I think some recency bias is leading to the negative feelings about him. He was probably top 10 in the league for many years earlier in his career.
    In addition to the recency bias, people have always undervalued him as a QB because they didn't like his demeanor (along with perhaps some Manning fatigue due to his brother). People here are talking about him like he's Joe Flacco or Jay freaking Cutler or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    In addition to the recency bias, people have always undervalued him as a QB because they didn't like his demeanor (along with perhaps some Manning fatigue due to his brother). People here are talking about him like he's Joe Flacco or Jay freaking Cutler or something.
    Sure he had two super bowls, but he rode a red hot pass rush to those titles. Absent the rings, I don't think he gets mentioned in the HOF discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Actually, he's had a lot of pretty stinky seasons throughout his career. His first three full seasons (2005-07), he posted TD/INT ratios of 24/17, 24/18, and 23/20 respectively. Three seasons later he threw 25 (!) interceptions to go along with 31 touchdowns. Only once has he ever thrown fewer than 14 interceptions over a full season. If anything, his best statistical seasons have come towards the middle to tail-end of his career, with 2014 and 2015 looking like pinnacles.

But count the rings, it's true.

If Kyle Williams had been able to hold on to either of two punts in the 2011 NFC championship game, those two rings would be one.

And if David Tyree's helmet had been slightly slicker, that one ring would be zero.

Had both those things happened and everything else stayed the same, would that take Eli from Canton lock to the outside looking in?

P.S. 25 interceptions isn't even his career high (!!).

Via twitter:

NFL Research
    @NFLResearch
    @Daniel_Jones10
    has been a giant among men this preseason.

The rookie QB is up to an 83.3 comp pct, 12.3 yds/att, and a 140.1 passer rating.

Those numbers are the highest in a rookie preseason since at least 2006 (min. 30 attempts).

https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/stat...63897670946816

Daniel Jones highlights from last night's game against the Bengals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z4coNOqSHk

He throws several really nice passes.
    Bob Green

If Daniel has a good/great couple of years, you would have to think that Cut would be able to recruit a high ranking Qb, right? He would have both Mannings and a high performing current NFLer. Shouldn't they be knocking down his door if they were a NFL hopefuls?

NFL analyst and Duke alum Brian Baldinger breaks down Daniel Jones' performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hal1tcIrAw
    Bob Green

Baker Mayfield against the TB Bucs is currently 7 for 19 midway through the 2nd Q. Browns still lead 9-0 0n 3 field goals. Their defense putting a lot of pressure on Jameis Winston who's been very ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    If Daniel has a good/great couple of years, you would have to think that Cut would be able to recruit a high ranking Qb, right? He would have both Mannings and a high performing current NFLer. Shouldn't they be knocking down his door if they were a NFL hopefuls?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    P.S. 25 interceptions isn't even his career high (!!).
    My biggest gripe about Eli is that he caused the need for his teams to make those comebacks/late game heroics. My joke as a Cowboys fan was that a quarterback that played like Romo for 3 quarters and Eli in the 4th would be one of the best quarterbacks ever- switch that and you have the worst QB ever.

Eli is overrated because of his Super Bowls masking a lot of bad play for much of those seasons. Still I understand why he will eventually be in the hall of fame. Also, the Giants defense was the real MVP at least one of those Super Bowls...

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Yes.
    Perhaps, but they won't...but if I explain why, I'll get a mod infraction.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    My biggest gripe about Eli is that he caused the need for his teams to make those comebacks/late game heroics. My joke as a Cowboys fan was that a quarterback that played like Romo for 3 quarters and Eli in the 4th would be one of the best quarterbacks ever- switch that and you have the worst QB ever.

Eli is overrated because of his Super Bowls masking a lot of bad play for much of those seasons. Still I understand why he will eventually be in the hall of fame. Also, the Giants defense was the real MVP at least one of those Super Bowls...
    Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have two fewer Super Bowls than they otherwise would have--and 0 perfect seasons--because of Eli Manning and the Giants. Eli is a hero. The fact that he isn't a very good QB is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    Actually, he's had a lot of pretty stinky seasons throughout his career. His first three full seasons (2005-07), he posted TD/INT ratios of 24/17, 24/18, and 23/20 respectively. Three seasons later he threw 25 (!) interceptions to go along with 31 touchdowns. Only once has he ever thrown fewer than 14 interceptions over a full season. If anything, his best statistical seasons have come towards the middle to tail-end of his career, with 2014 and 2015 looking like pinnacles.

But count the rings, it's true.

If Kyle Williams had been able to hold on to either of two punts in the 2011 NFC championship game, those two rings would be one.

And if David Tyree's helmet had been slightly slicker, that one ring would be zero.

Had both those things happened and everything else stayed the same, would that take Eli from Canton lock to the outside looking in?
    More like he wouldnt even be looking that direction.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have two fewer Super Bowls than they otherwise would have--and 0 perfect seasons--because of Eli Manning and the Giants. Eli is a hero. The fact that he isn't a very good QB is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.
    You could lead a congregation, made me say 'Amen'.