Page 53 of 161 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3204
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Hey, no one has mentioned that silly football-deflating issue for at least the past 45 minutes, so I’m glad you referenced it. Maybe we could have another discussion about it.

I’m game if you are! 😉
    Nobody brought it up but you, that isn't what he was talking about.

Hey, no one has mentioned that silly football-deflating issue for at least the past 45 minutes, so I’m glad you referenced it. Maybe we could have another discussion about it.

I’m game if you are! 😉
    Jones is getting roasted in sports media today.

I suspect this is his last opportunity to prove himself with the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Nobody brought it up but you, that isn't what he was talking about.
    Well, if it’s true that I misunderstood the “deflating” reference — especially after Tom Brady was referenced in the very next post — then I stand chastened.

I guess we lost an opportunity to re-re-re-re-re-litigate the inflation level of the footballs🏈 during the 2014 AFC Championship Game. Oh well.

As a side note, the Packers sure looked awful yesterday, didn’t they? That was my biggest takeaway from Week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

It absolutely is his last chance. If he doesn’t have at least a pretty good season, he’s gone. And Dave Gettleman will go down with him.

It absolutely is his last chance. If he doesn’t have at least a pretty good season, he’s gone. And Dave Gettleman will go down with him.
    For you who follow this closely, has any other quarterback from that draft performed better, or was it just a sorry year for Q’bs?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    For you who follow this closely, has any other quarterback from that draft performed better, or was it just a sorry year for Q’bs?
    QB Kyler Murray of the Arizona Cardinals is from that draft class and he’s doing quite well. Can’t think of any other QBs who are doing well.

QB Kyler Murray of the Arizona Cardinals is from that draft class and he’s doing quite well. Can’t think of any other QBs who are doing well.
    Drew Lock was OK, although he's no longer starting. One might argue that Gardner Minshew has outperformed everyone in that class except Murray.

I guess we lost an opportunity to re-re-re-re-re-litigate the inflation level of the footballs🏈 during the 2014 AFC Championship Game. Oh well.
    Did the Longhorns play this week? Just curious, and trying to help you get back on topic (for you).

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Did the Longhorns play this week? Just curious, and trying to help you get back on topic (for you).
    Not sure. I’ll look into it, thanks! 👍🏻

One thing I will say in his defense, I don’t know if there are any NFL QBs who could play well with the OL Jones has had during his tenure with the Giants. It may be the worst in the league. That doesn’t excuse everything, especially the fumbles, but he’s playing with major limitations due to protection.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    One thing I will say in his defense, I don’t know if there are any NFL QBs who could play well with the OL Jones has had during his tenure with the Giants. It may be the worst in the league. That doesn’t excuse everything, especially the fumbles, but he’s playing with major limitations due to protection.
    Part of Daniel's problem yesterday was -- Holy cow! when did Teddy Bridgewater become this good? Was this his best game ever? I am not sure how many possessions the Giants had, but it wasn't very many.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post

I would agree- but he will be a very attractive backup. If he gets a decent OL- he could do some damage. The Giants have a lot of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I would agree- but he will be a very attractive backup. If he gets a decent OL- he could do some damage. The Giants have a lot of issues.
    yeah, and backups get opportunities given the wear and tear and whacking on QBs...really disappointing that the Giant's "rebuild" of the OL was so inept.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Will he? If the biggest knock on him (even if some think it is unfair) is turnovers...is "turnover prone" an attractive quality in a backup QB?

Will he? If the biggest knock on him (even if some think it is unfair) is turnovers...is "turnover prone" an attractive quality in a backup QB?
    Yeah. He's several good decisions short of the vaunted/hated "game manager" label.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Please tell me that was photoshopped or something. How does that happen (cue someone with actual football knowledge to come in and say that kind of blocking snafu happens all the time, we just don't notice).

Please tell me that was photoshopped or something. How does that happen (cue someone with actual football knowledge to come in and say that kind of blocking snafu happens all the time, we just don't notice).
    I would assume they got crossed up in the blocking scheme and someone had it wrong. but maybe this is some new style of screen-blocking?
    1200. DDMF.

DJ and Gettlemen are handcuffed together--their fates are linked.

Definitely doesn’t happen all the time, but it does occasionally happen. It is hard to say exactly what happened without video, but it looks like the tackle is trying to slide over to block the edge rusher and the RB is either trying to pick up the inside rush (and happens to get in the way of the tackle) or is trying to leak out into the flat (and is still in the way of the tackle).

Most likely the edge rusher (looks like Von Miller, who is really good) set up WAY outside, which meant the tackle had to chase way out to try to get there (and failed). Meanwhile, the inside linebacker was coming on a delayed rush and the RB was trying to pick him up. So as the two were going in opposite directions, they ran into each other.

Clearly a missed assignment. Whether it was a failure pre-read by the QB or just the RB not being where he is supposed to be (it is almost assuredly not on the tackle, who is retreating and can’t see the RB until it is too late) is hard to know.