Page 52 of 161 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3204
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The scrutiny that Jones is getting on a daily basis in the NY press is pretty astounding, even by Big Apple standards. At least he's used to it by now.
    What else can you write about at this point in the workout period? An unknown UDFA?

The QB will always be the focus. Look at Zach Wilson on my Jets...every pass is being dissected/analyzed.

All meaningless at this point..

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    What else can you write about at this point in the workout period? An unknown UDFA?

The QB will always be the focus. Look at Zach Wilson on my Jets...every pass is being dissected/analyzed.

All meaningless at this point..
    well, they can talk about who's apt to be cut, outstanding, rookies, etc. Instead there's the same story written and rewritten daily.

The Jets have a quarterback?

well, they can talk about who's apt to be cut, outstanding, rookies, etc. Instead there's the same story written and rewritten daily.

The Jets have a quarterback?
    The Jets don't have an experienced backup quarterback, which isn't a good idea with a rookie QB. And tragically, the assistant coach who was supposed to be his quarterback whisperer just died when he was hit by a car while riding a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    The Jets don't have an experienced backup quarterback, which isn't a good idea with a rookie QB. And tragically, the assistant coach who was supposed to be his quarterback whisperer just died when he was hit by a car while riding a bike.
    I saw that, that's grim.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2021...pted-practice/

He's back to Danny Dimes today, could be Danny Dog Poo tomorrow...

The scrutiny that Jones is getting on a daily basis in the NY press is pretty astounding, even by Big Apple standards. At least he's used to it by now.
    Jesus Christ himself would be trashed by the NY press. "Hair is too long; speaks in hard-to-decipher parables; no proof he actually performed any miracles; "virgin" birth is impossible", et.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Well, we at least now have a veteran backup - who last played in 2018.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/roundup-new-york-jets-sign-journeyman-qb-josh-johnson

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Taken from the NFL thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Daniel Jones throws 37 yard TD pass to Sterling Shepherd to give Giants a 7-3 lead over Broncos.
    Trying to figure out how DJ only threw 12 passes in the whole first half. (Bridgewater playing for the Broncos had like 27)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Oof.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Oof.
    For those that can't watch, please enunciate. I'm assuming that was for the fumble the box score showed.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    For those that can't watch, please enunciate. I'm assuming that was for the fumble the box score showed.
    Yep. Had a nice run but then fumbled as he got hit and went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Yep. Had a nice run but then fumbled as he got hit and went down.
    He's just not going to have a good year if they don't get a running game. It's a double whammy - not only can the defense (wisely) bias toward defending against the pass, but if you can't run block, you probably can't pass block either. Probably.

Daniel was just OK. Saquon Barkley (sp?) was awful at 10 runs for 26 yds at one point. Maybe it's rust, maybe not

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Daniel was just OK. Saquon Barkley (sp?) was awful at 10 runs for 26 yds at one point. Maybe it's rust, maybe not
    yeah, hard to say. He looked very tentative, but the OL didn't give him many holes to work with.

I'm starting to wonder whether Daniel Jones truly deserves his own thread for much longer.

Best of luck to him, but yesterday doesn't bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'm starting to wonder whether Daniel Jones truly deserves his own thread for much longer.

Best of luck to him, but yesterday doesn't bode well.
    Yeah, it is impossible to know at this point what his true potential may be because the Giants have done him no favors. However, he still fumbles too much and the little I watched he was not very precise with several throws putting his receivers in bad positions. He kind of reminds me of what happened to David Klingler with the Bengals…

Just saw on Twitter he has 30 fumbles in 28 games. Horrible. At this point, he will probably bounce around as a backup for a few years and then be out of the league. Will make a nice living for himself though which is what REALLY matters in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Just saw on Twitter he has 30 fumbles in 28 games. Horrible. At this point, he will probably bounce around as a backup for a few years and then be out of the league. Will make a nice living for himself though which is what REALLY matters in the end.

If there was only a trick to hanging on to the ball, getting and holding a better grip, that he could learn from say one of the all-time great quarterbacks ...

But yeah, that statistic, if right, is rather deflating.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Brady had 12,11and 13 his first three seasons. Jones had 18, 11 in his first two. Jones needs to clean that up by getting rid of the ball faster. It would also be nice if he had a decent robust running back.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    But yeah, that statistic, if right, is rather deflating.
    Hey, no one has mentioned that silly football-deflating issue for at least the past 45 minutes, so I’m glad you referenced it. Maybe we could have another discussion about it.

I’m game if you are! 😉