Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 667
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    DJ 9-11 for 141 yards in the first half. A passer rating of 118.8. The fumbles are a concern, for sure, but he has had a really, really impressive preseason. If the Giants struggle at all with Manning, the cries for Jones to play are going to be deafening.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Manhattan
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    DJ 9-11 for 141 yards in the first half. A passer rating of 118.8. The fumbles are a concern, for sure, but he has had a really, really impressive preseason. If the Giants struggle at all with Manning, the cries for Jones to play are going to be deafening.
    Agree that ball security is the biggest visible question mark thus far, but it’s hard to blame Daniel for giving it up tonight mid-throwing motion when both sides of the line imploded and he got hit from the blind side.

    He’s showing all you could ask for out of the sixth pick in the draft right now. I just hope the Giants wait until he’s ready to play him in the regular season, whether that’s this year or next. The good news is that the Giants fan base seems to really like the pick now and have his back for the time being.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    DJ 9-11 for 141 yards in the first half. A passer rating of 118.8. The fumbles are a concern, for sure, but he has had a really, really impressive preseason. If the Giants struggle at all with Manning, the cries for Jones to play are going to be deafening.
    Nice bomb:
    https://twitter.com/Giants/status/1164690804515852289

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Wish someone would do that for me when I finished a particularly good powerpoint presentation. Sigh...

  7. #87
    #DannyDimes is trending...

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    #DannyDimes is trending...
    I saw that #TheMan was a top trend, but it turns out to be about TSwift dropping new music.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I saw that #TheMan was a top trend, but it turns out to be about TSwift dropping new music.
    Tom Swift is "the Man?" Wow, that takes me back 50 years or so. Don't remember him being interested in music.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Tom Swift is "the Man?" Wow, that takes me back 50 years or so. Don't remember him being interested in music.
    You never read “Tom Swift and his Beef With Kanye?”
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You never read “Tom Swift and his Beef With Kanye?”
    “Throw the ball where no one else can get it” said Tom accurately.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    Back to DJ...

    The hype is growing. Even with Eli having a good preseason (and looking spry, based on his lead blocking on one play last night).

    https://nypost.com/2019/08/23/daniel...pasteboard_app

  13. #93

    QBs taken in first 10 picks, last 25 years, ranked

    QBs taken in the first 10 picks over the last 25 drafts (1995-2019), ranked by CarAV (weighted career approximate value), per www.sports-reference.com

    Player – Year – Draft Position – CarAV

    PManning 1998-1 177
    Rivers 2004-4 140
    Ryan 2008-3 129
    EManning 2004-1 117
    Palmer 2003-1 108
    McNabb 1999-2 107
    Newton 2011-1 103
    McNair 1995-3 100
    -----------------------------
    Smith 2005-1 96
    Vick 2001-1 93
    Stafford 2009-1 91
    -----------------------------
    Collins 1995-5 81
    -----------------------------
    Luck 2012-1 71
    -----------------------------
    Tannehill 2012-8 54
    -----------------------------
    Bradford 2010-1 44
    Bortles 2014-3 44
    Carr 2002-1 44
    Winston 2015-1 41
    Mariota 2015-2 40
    -----------------------------
    Griffin III 2012-2 35
    Sanchez 2009-5 34
    Young 2006-3 33
    Leftwich 2003-7 33
    Wentz 2016-2 32
    Goff 2016-1 30
    Harrington 2002-3 30
    Couch 1999-1 30
    -----------------------------
    Mahomes 2017-10 23
    Trubisky 2017-2 20
    -----------------------------
    Gabbart 2011-10 16
    Locker 2011-8 15
    Leinart 2006-10 12
    Mayfield 2018-1 10
    -----------------------------
    Darnold 2018-3 7
    Allen 2018-7 6
    Russell 2007-1 6
    Rosen 2018-10 2
    Smith 1999-3 1
    Leaf 1998-2 1
    -----------------------------
    Murray 2019-1 0
    DJ 2019-6 0

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    QBs taken in the first 10 picks over the last 25 drafts (1995-2019), ranked by CarAV (weighted career approximate value), per www.sports-reference.com

    Player – Year – Draft Position – CarAV

    PManning 1998-1 177
    Rivers 2004-4 140
    Ryan 2008-3 129
    EManning 2004-1 117
    Palmer 2003-1 108
    McNabb 1999-2 107
    Newton 2011-1 103
    McNair 1995-3 100
    -----------------------------
    Smith 2005-1 96
    Vick 2001-1 93
    Stafford 2009-1 91
    -----------------------------
    Collins 1995-5 81
    -----------------------------
    Luck 2012-1 71
    -----------------------------
    Tannehill 2012-8 54
    -----------------------------
    Bradford 2010-1 44
    Bortles 2014-3 44
    Carr 2002-1 44
    Winston 2015-1 41
    Mariota 2015-2 40
    -----------------------------
    Griffin III 2012-2 35
    Sanchez 2009-5 34
    Young 2006-3 33
    Leftwich 2003-7 33
    Wentz 2016-2 32
    Goff 2016-1 30
    Harrington 2002-3 30
    Couch 1999-1 30
    -----------------------------
    Mahomes 2017-10 23
    Trubisky 2017-2 20
    -----------------------------
    Gabbart 2011-10 16
    Locker 2011-8 15
    Leinart 2006-10 12
    Mayfield 2018-1 10
    -----------------------------
    Darnold 2018-3 7
    Allen 2018-7 6
    Russell 2007-1 6
    Rosen 2018-10 2
    Smith 1999-3 1
    Leaf 1998-2 1
    -----------------------------
    Murray 2019-1 0
    DJ 2019-6 0
    Oof i can tell that is a very flawed system just by how high Eli is ranked. Love him and always thought he gets too much hate but he shouldn't even be mentioned in a tier with those others.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Oof i can tell that is a very flawed system just by how high Eli is ranked. Love him and always thought he gets too much hate but he shouldn't even be mentioned in a tier with those others.
    Obviously the young QBs who don't have a great body of work are discounted and place lower but who below him would you place higher? Not saying I disagree but I'm not sure there's a surefire argument for any of the QBs below him to jump ahead...

  16. #96
    I don't know what goes into the numerical value. The ordering seems to roughly track the older QB ratings on sports-reference.com:

    Peyton 96.5
    Rivers 95.6
    Ryan 94.9
    ------------------
    Palmer 87.9
    Newton 86.4
    McNabb 85.6
    Eli 84.1
    McNair 82.8

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Tom Swift is "the Man?" Wow, that takes me back 50 years or so. Don't remember him being interested in music.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDoc74 View Post
    “Throw the ball where no one else can get it” said Tom accurately.
    “If there were an NFL Draft Lottery, the Jets would always lose it,” said Tom, unfortunately.

    I always thought “Tom Swiftie” should have been the designated couple nickname when Taylor Swift dated Tom Hiddleston.

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    PManning 1998-1 177
    Rivers 2004-4 140
    Ryan 2008-3 129
    EManning 2004-1 117
    Palmer 2003-1 108
    McNabb 1999-2 107
    Newton 2011-1 103
    McNair 1995-3 100

    Oof i can tell that is a very flawed system just by how high Eli is ranked. Love him and always thought he gets too much hate but he shouldn't even be mentioned in a tier with those others.
    Well, out of that list, only two of those guys have won a Super Bowl (twice for Eli) and both have the last name Manning. Coupled along with his longevity and multiple pro bowls, I'd say he belongs in that tier pretty easily.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Obviously the young QBs who don't have a great body of work are discounted and place lower but who below him would you place higher? Not saying I disagree but I'm not sure there's a surefire argument for any of the QBs below him to jump ahead...


    I'd say easily
    Palmer
    McNabb
    Newton
    McNair
    Smith
    Vick
    Stafford
    Luck

    and still young but looks like they are already better than Eli at any point in his career

    Wentz
    Goff
    Mahomes
    Baker

    and too early to really tell but I would bet on

    Darnold
    Trubisky

    I could even see an argument for

    Winston
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Albemarle, North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Well, out of that list, only two of those guys have won a Super Bowl (twice for Eli) and both have the last name Manning. Coupled along with his longevity and multiple pro bowls, I'd say he belongs in that tier pretty easily.
    Guess it depends on what your criteria is. I like Eli but talent wise he isn't near those guys. I made a list earlier this year to prove to a Cam hater that Cam is indeed elite based on his stats alone. What surprised me while making the list was just how bad Eli really was compared to the other qbs in the last 15 years or so (Been awhile since I checked but he averages more turnovers than tds or close to it). Those superbowls in his case happened because their defense carried them in the playoffs combined with a solid run game and Eli playing at a slightly above average level for a 3 or 4 game stretch.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Similar Threads

  1. The “Daniel Jones deserves his own injury vigil” vigil
    By scottdude8 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 09-21-2018, 01:42 PM
  2. Replies: 125
    Last Post: 08-20-2018, 01:50 PM
  3. Official "Would an All Kentucky NBA team beat Golden State" thread
    By FerryFor50 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2017, 03:07 PM
  4. Replies: 109
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 02:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •