Page 41 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    NY Post columnist arguing that DJ should be benched to teach him a lesson re TOs.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/03/daniel...pasteboard_app

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    When you look at the Giants offensive line and then the loss of Barkely in the beginning of the season, it would be hard for an experienced QB to work behind that OFFENSIVE LINE. I hope to see an improvement in the off-season. I think Daniel will be fine.

GoDuke!
    What he said!

Larry
    DevilHorse

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    NY Post columnist arguing that DJ should be benched to teach him a lesson re TOs.

not going to dignify the post with an actual response.
    April 1

I am sure the Giants backup Colt McCoy with 4TDs in 5 years is the clear answer.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    not going to dignify the post with an actual response.
    Why not? I don't agree with him, but the columnist is basically saying that perhaps it will focus DJ on the TO problems. Hockey coaches do this all the time.

With the season the way it is, "tough love" won't affect playoff potential anyway. Perhaps this is the time to do it - if done at all.

Why not? I don't agree with him, but the columnist is basically saying that perhaps it will focus DJ on the TO problems. Hockey coaches do this all the time.

With the season the way it is, "tough love" won't affect playoff potential anyway. Perhaps this is the time to do it - if done at all.
    I'm with uh_no. He's the quarterback, and the leader of the offense. Benching him undermines that. I think Monday night might be lesson enough.

Of course, Eisenhower did bench Patton during WW II, and then brought him back after Normandy to lead the Third Army in its drive across France. But I'd stick with Jones if I were the Giants.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I'm with uh_no. He's the quarterback, and the leader of the offense. Benching him undermines that. I think Monday night might be lesson enough.

Of course, Eisenhower did bench Patton during WW II, and then brought him back after Normandy to lead the Third Army in its drive across France. But I'd stick with Jones if I were the Giants.
    I agree with you. Was just pointing out some of the local noise here.

I agree with you. Was just pointing out some of the local noise here.
    Noise is a good way to describe most things published in the Post these days - they have descended even more deeply into the world of sensationalistic clickbait and hot takes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Noise is a good way to describe most things published in the Post these days - they have descended even more deeply into the world of sensationalistic clickbait and hot takes.
    yeah, they love alternating between adoring Jones and thrusting him towards the guillotine.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    yeah. the schtick last week was that di biaso was trying to torpedo the mets sale to cohen because he wanted arod/jlo to own the team so he could appeal to the latino base.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    yeah. the schtick last week was that di biaso was trying to torpedo the mets sale to cohen because he wanted arod/jlo to own the team so he could appeal to the latino base.
    And Mr. Cohen's "checkered" history with the SEC. (Still better than the Wilpons for this lifelong Mets fan since 1962.)

Not sure why he'd need to appeal to the Latinx voters - he's term limited (thank God!). Even his wife has pulled back from a Bklyn Borough President run next year. (Current BP is in the mayor's race)

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Sounds a lot like what we've heard around Durham and Chase Brice. Just sayin'.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

DJ and the Giants up 10-0 on Wash. DJ having a good day so far. 60 yard pass and an int reversed on replay.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

DJ throws a 1 yard TD pass to put NY up 20-3.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    DJ throws a 1 yard TD pass to put NY up 20-3.
    Jones is looking good this afternoon. A significant factor is Giants ability to run the ball.
    Bob Green

Halftime stats for DJ:

12/22, 141 yards, 1 TD
    Bob Green

Congrats DJ, 23-20 win.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Daniel Jones 23/34, 212 yards, 1 TD

ZERO turnovers.
    Bob Green

Somebody here on local DC radio said Jones looks like a pro-bowler every time he plays Washington. Haha, love it.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Daniel Jones 23/34, 212 yards, 1 TD

ZERO turnovers.

Was pretty surprised when I checked the box score. If he can string a few of those games together...