Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Anyone know how many cinderblocks tall Baker Mayfield is?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I figured out why Baker is jealous...he wishes he were as tall as Daniel! He's at least half a cinder block shorter, maybe a full block it was hard to tell from the camera angle.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    US, Ireland/UK or Australia/NZ/Canada cinder blocks, aka concrete masonry units?

"In the US, CMU blocks are nominally 16 in (410 mm) wide and 8 in (200 mm) long. Their actual dimensions are their nominal dimensions, minus 3⁄8 inch (9.5 mm) any direction (to allow for mortar joints regardless of their orientation as laid). In Ireland and the UK, blocks are usually 440 mm × 215 mm × 100 mm (17.3 in × 8.5 in × 3.9 in) excluding mortar joints. In Australia, New Zealand and Canada, blocks are usually 390 mm × 190 mm × 190 mm (15.4 in × 7.5 in × 7.5 in) excluding mortar joints."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    US, Ireland/UK or Australia/NZ/Canada cinder blocks, aka concrete masonry units?

"In the US, CMU blocks are nominally 16 in (410 mm) wide and 8 in (200 mm) long. Their actual dimensions are their nominal dimensions, minus 3⁄8 inch (9.5 mm) any direction (to allow for mortar joints regardless of their orientation as laid). In Ireland and the UK, blocks are usually 440 mm × 215 mm × 100 mm (17.3 in × 8.5 in × 3.9 in) excluding mortar joints. In Australia, New Zealand and Canada, blocks are usually 390 mm × 190 mm × 190 mm (15.4 in × 7.5 in × 7.5 in) excluding mortar joints."

Which way are we orienting the blocks?

I vote corner to corner to really confuse the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Which way are we orienting the blocks?
    Howzabout we roll with the traditional method (paint is optional):

220px-Painted_breeze-cinder_block_wall.jpg

Last edited by devildeac; 08-22-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I figured out why Baker is jealous...he wishes he were as tall as Daniel! He's at least half a cinder block shorter, maybe a full block it was hard to tell from the camera angle.
    Cinder blocks are bigger in New York. Because everything is.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If you haven’t lived there, aren’t you making assumptions about what it is like to do so?

Oh, and Baker Mayfield Baker Mayfield Baker Mayfield in order to stay on topic.
    Are we seriously debating the merits of living in New York City versus living in Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Are we seriously debating the merits of living in New York City versus living in Cleveland?
    No. I was wondering why you would slander living in a place that you’ve never lived, and I was pointing out the irony of you slapping someone for assuming things when you yourself did the same thing.

And hate to break this to you, but there are plenty of folks that would never want to live in NYC despite the “merits” being as you measure them. I am sure there are plenty of folks who love living in Cleveland and prefer it to the drawbacks of NYC.

I lived in the NYC area, and moved away. Best decision of my life. YMMV obviously.

I don't want to live in either, what does that say about me?

Cinder blocks are bigger in New York. Because everything is.
    Not all cinder blocks are made alike.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jamison Crowder weighs in:

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/08/did-...n-crowder.html

“Man, they had some really good guys,” Crowder said. “Some of those guys are getting a shot now in the league – T.J. Rahming (with the Dolphins), and Johnathan Lloyd, he’s with the Rams, getting an opportunity. They had a couple of younger guys who are trying to develop. Yeah, it was a little bit of a knock on my guys.”
    Bob Green

No. I was wondering why you would slander living in a place that you’ve never lived, and I was pointing out the irony of you slapping someone for assuming things when you yourself did the same thing.

And hate to break this to you, but there are plenty of folks that would never want to live in NYC despite the “merits” being as you measure them. I am sure there are plenty of folks who love living in Cleveland and prefer it to the drawbacks of NYC.

I lived in the NYC area, and moved away. Best decision of my life. YMMV obviously.
    You think 98% of DBR posters wouldn’t rather live in New York City over Cleveland if they had to choose between the two? This is just silly.

You think 98% of DBR posters wouldn’t rather live in New York City over Cleveland if they had to choose between the two? This is just silly.
    You said Jones was basically lucky because NYC was a way better city. Nothing about where what percent of posters want to live, which is starting to create a straw man.

I’ll defend The Land until I die against people who have never lived there. Heck, most have never even visited!

^ I don't want to get involved in a NYC vs Cleveland argument, but will note that the Giants don't play in NYC and I would bet Jones won't live there either...I see life in the NJ burbs for Daniel...

Cleveland Rocks!

I wonder how many players on the Giants live in New Jersey rather than N.Y.C. It's amusing that NYC has no professional football teams and New Jersey has two.

Somewhat more seriously, NYC is a tough place to live. Even on an NFL salary, things are expensive, crowded and inconvenient. From my perspective, 68 year old attorney originally from Chicago, in Denver the past 35 years, I'd pick Cleveland and visit New York on occasion.

For younger players, I suspect it depends on their personality and interests. Not all of these guys are club guys and, I suspect, most of them don't go to the wonderful museums, opera, and classical music performances.

No big deal either way but I think a lot of DBR posters appreciate a blue collar town where the river no longer catches on fire.

That was not the point of my post, nor your original argument. I know you are smart enough to know that though, so not sure why you are perpetuating this argument.

Anyways, back to Baker Mayfield . . . .

Mayfield won't play until tomorrow, but in the meantime...

Jones continues to have some ball security problems, but the Giants recovered the fumble and Jones hung tough in the pocket to deliver the ball to the goal-line for an easy punch-in TD on the following play.

Mayfield won't play until tomorrow, but in the meantime...

Jones continues to have some ball security problems, but the Giants recovered the fumble and Jones hung tough in the pocket to deliver the ball to the goal-line for an easy punch-in TD on the following play.
    Games not on here. What happened on the fumble?

Games not on here. What happened on the fumble?
    It wasn't exactly his fault, a guy (defensive end?) came through untouched and just nailed him, but 3rd one in 2 games suggests he needs to hold the ball a little better.

Its not on here either