Page 38 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Daniel Jones rookie season is in the books and here are the numbers:

1. 11 lost fumbles - he is going to have to clean this up in order to achieve real success.
    2. 13 games - 284/459 61.9% 3,027 yds 24 TD 12 INT
    3. 45 rushes for 279 yds 2 TD

http://www.nfl.com/player/danieljone...99/careerstats

Giants have fired Pat Shurmur so DJ will have to learn a new playbook for his second season.
    Yep, all of that is solid except the fumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Yep, all of that is solid except the fumbles.
    And the TD to interception ratio was much better the last few games...I think we was barely 1 to 1 for while, and finished 2 to 1.

Citing sources, ESPN is reporting Giants have hired Jason Garrett as Offensive Coordinator.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Citing sources, ESPN is reporting Giants have hired Jason Garrett as Offensive Coordinator.
    I don’t understand this hire. I have been wanting the Cowboys to fire Jason Garrett as head coach since at least the 2012 season. Why did the Giants want this guy?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/cowboys/2013/01/22/jerry-jones-jason-garrett-play-calling/1855621/

He was eventually considered a poor-to-mediocre offensive coordinator even by Jerry Jones (who for some inexplicable reason has been fawning over Garrett for more than 25 years), who relieved him of the OC duties a long time ago.

I was expecting the Giants to get a topnotch offensive coordinator to mentor Daniel Jones (even though I root against New York). I’m hopeful they will at least get a great QB coach. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I don’t understand this hire. I have been wanting the Cowboys to fire Jason Garrett as head coach since at least the 2012 season. Why did the Giants want this guy?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...lling/1855621/

He was eventually considered a poor-to-mediocre offensive coordinator even by Jerry Jones (who for some inexplicable reason has been fawning over Garrett for more than 25 years), who relieved him of the OC duties a long time ago.

I was expecting the Giants to get a topnotch offensive coordinator to mentor Daniel Jones (even though I root against New York). I’m hopeful they will at least get a great QB coach. Fingers crossed.

...they might have already done so...
    https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/daniel...ino-impressed/

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    now that coughlin is out of a job, maybe he can come back to the giants and teach daniel how to not fumble as he did tiki.
    Way late to this party, but are you saying that Tom could teach DJ to stop Coughlin' it up?

/ducks

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Way late to this party, but are you saying that Tom could teach DJ to stop Coughlin' it up?

/ducks
    If he doesn't stop fumbling, it will certainly be a Mara on his record with the Giants...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...they might have already done so...
    https://nypost.com/2020/01/18/daniel...ino-impressed/
    Having high praise come from HOF-QB, Dan Marino and current NFL-QB, Ryan Fitzpatrick is something to take notice of. One thing that sticks out at me was the comment of how Schuplinski was able to slow things down at the line of scrimmage. So hopefully this new guy can help Daniel become an elite QB in the NFL.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Having high praise come from HOF-QB, Dan Marino and current NFL-QB, Ryan Fitzpatrick is something to take notice of. One thing that sticks out at me was the comment of how Schuplinski was able to slow things down at the line of scrimmage. So hopefully this new guy can help Daniel become an elite QB in the NFL.

GoDuke!
    He really helped Fitzpatrick improve enough not to wash out of the league, which he appeared to be heading towards for a while..

I like the hire for a couple reasons:

1. Garrett’s nine seasons experience as a Head Coach will be very helpful to Judge who has zero Head Coach experience but on game day Garrett can focus solely on play calling.

2. Garrett is a former QB and has had success with Tony Romo and Zac Prescott.
    Bob Green

and Garrett likes Cameron Indoor Stadium, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Seeing if a winning culture could be had through osmosis?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I was in Cameron Indoor the day Jason Garrett, Tony Romo, Jason Witten, and DeMarco Murray came for a visit. It was so cool seeing Garrett and the boys cheering for Duke. Good times.

I was in Cameron Indoor the day Jason Garrett, Tony Romo, Jason Witten, and DeMarco Murray came for a visit. It was so cool seeing Garrett and the boys cheering for Duke. Good times.
    And iirc, at least the first three you mentioned were sitting behind the Duke bench during the South regional in Houston during the 2015 NCAA tournament. Were there for at least 1 game - don’t remember if it was the S16 or E8 game.

News media reports today that Eli is retiring. Not a surprise and not sure this really impacts Daniel much at all, but worth a mention.

Manning, 39, steps away holding almost every passing record in team history and a pair of Super Bowl rings. His victories over the New England Patriots during the 2007 and '11 seasons are the most iconic moments from a legendary career. They will have him in the conversation for the Hall of Fame in five years when eligible.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    News media reports today that Eli is retiring. Not a surprise and not sure this really impacts Daniel much at all, but worth a mention.
    Consider me your official source for the "Eli Manning retires from football to take the Offensive Coordinator position at Duke" rumor.

The way his career ended was kind of a bummer, but he's got a couple rings and probably a nice wad of cash under the mattress to help him sleep at night I'm sure.

Consider me your official source for the "Eli Manning retires from football to take the Offensive Coordinator position at Duke" rumor.

The way his career ended was kind of a bummer, but he's got a couple rings and probably a nice wad of cash under the mattress to help him sleep at night I'm sure.
    just thinking the same thing- Eli for OC at Duke

eli for anything. he did something for the world. twice.
    1200. DDMF.

An article from the NY Post about Daniel Jones during this offseason. What I found most surprising is that he's been working with ... Anthony Boone. Yes, that Anthony Boone.

Boone, employed by the well-known quarterback training and development company QB Country, has worked extensively this off-season with Jones and has seen the results of extra time hitting the weights.
    The article is basically an interview with Boone about DJ this offseason. Also briefly discusses Boone as Duke's quarterback.

Didn't catch this if posted already from the picksixpod Instagram account:
    117603540.jpg