Page 35 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    As a somewhat long time NY sports fan (including the Giants), here is my prediction: Eli beats the Eagles on Monday night because the Eagles are playing horribly. Eli beats the Dolphins and the Redskins because they both are terrible. NY sports media gets into a huge frenzy about Eli taking his job back, would the Giants have been better this year with Eli rather than Jones, should they bring back Eli next year, etc.
    If the Giants had managed to be, say, 3-9 or 4-8, they'd still be reasonably in the hunt for the NFC East, which is full of an awful lot of awful teams. The Eagles and Cowboys seem to be playing hot potato with the NFC East's playoff bid, neither of them want the damn thing!

Giants on tv Monday night..

The latest update is 2-4 weeks. He's already shed the boot, so this could just be a mild ploy to get Eli a farewell game at home next week (against a bad Dolphins team, though for the Giants, no game is too easy to lose), but if it's really 4 weeks that could be DJ's season, which would be a shame. Every game is a chance to improve, and I'd like to see him get a couple more, even in a washout of a season.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Honestly, it might be for the best. He got a lot of game action. I'm all for the "take your lumps and learn from it" style of player development, but DJ was...taking a lot of lumps in terms of picks and fumbles, in a way that can't be entirely blamed on the poor quality of the team around him. Especially given the NY market, it might be best for him to casually slide into the offseason without playing another game, where he can watch tape to improve his reads and work on ball security drills for 6 hours per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Honestly, it might be for the best. He got a lot of game action. I'm all for the "take your lumps and learn from it" style of player development, but DJ was...taking a lot of lumps in terms of picks and fumbles, in a way that can't be entirely blamed on the poor quality of the team around him. Especially given the NY market, it might be best for him to casually slide into the offseason without playing another game, where he can watch tape to improve his reads and work on ball security drills for 6 hours per day.
    I'm with you Acmetric. I hope DJ sits the rest of the season. I also hope the Giants get some help on the offensive line and adding a couple of good receivers wouldn't hurt either. I really want to see Daniel succeed for his sake and for some Duke media exposure.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I'm with you Acmetric. I hope DJ sits the rest of the season. I also hope the Giants get some help on the offensive line and adding a couple of good receivers wouldn't hurt either. I really want to see Daniel succeed for his sake and for some Duke media exposure.

GoDuke!
    THIS^^^^ - every syllable...

As a somewhat long time NY sports fan (including the Giants), here is my prediction: Eli beats the Eagles on Monday night because the Eagles are playing horribly. Eli beats the Dolphins and the Redskins because they both are terrible. NY sports media gets into a huge frenzy about Eli taking his job back, would the Giants have been better this year with Eli rather than Jones, should they bring back Eli next year, etc.
    This was sadly close to prophetic, except the Eagles were able to sack Eli by patting him on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    This was sadly close to prophetic, except the Eagles were able to sack Eli by patting him on the back.
    At halftime I was going to praise myself for my prediction, but the Giants are truly awful this year and have mastered the art of blowing games. I would honestly prefer that they lose the rest of their games to get the best draft pick possible, though I am not sure which need is the greatest - hopefully they can find a team that really needs a QB willing to trade up so the Giants can trade down and stockpile picks and get multiple talented players to support Jones in the future.

At halftime I was going to praise myself for my prediction, but the Giants are truly awful this year and have mastered the art of blowing games. I would honestly prefer that they lose the rest of their games to get the best draft pick possible, though I am not sure which need is the greatest - hopefully they can find a team that really needs a QB willing to trade up so the Giants can trade down and stockpile picks and get multiple talented players to support Jones in the future.
    The Giants' last 3 games are against teams that have won a combined 12 games in 13 weeks. They might sweep.

Completely agree they need to tank and get him some help.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    The Giants' last 3 games are against teams that have won a combined 12 games in 13 weeks. They might sweep.

Completely agree they need to tank and get him some help.
    The "first half" Giants might sweep the three games.

The "second half" Giants might not score in the three games.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    The "first half" Giants might sweep the three games.

The "second half" Giants might not score in the three games.

How about that 1st quarter! LESS than 75 yards of TOTAL offense. The two teams combined! I think they said 69 total yards.

So much for the theory that the NFL is a form of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    How about that 1st quarter! LESS than 75 yards of TOTAL offense. The two teams combined! I think they said 69 total yards.

So much for the theory that the NFL is a form of entertainment.
    The game was so boring I went to bed at halftime and I usually watch the Monday night games. That was as exciting as watching grass grow in the winter. GoDuke!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    The game was so boring I went to bed at halftime and I usually watch the Monday night games. That was as exciting as watching grass grow in the winter. GoDuke!
    The ending was worth staying up for. And while I would have liked to have seen Eli pick up the win, I also don't mind seeing him lose. Makes it harder for folks to jump back on his bandwagon.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The ending was worth staying up for. And while I would have liked to have seen Eli pick up the win, I also don't mind seeing him lose. Makes it harder for folks to jump back on his bandwagon.
    I'm with you, as I was rooting for the Eagles but more importantly because as you said, I don't want the fans and media to get back on Eli's bandwagon. Some of the Monday and Thursday games are better than others.
    GoDuke!

Giants have cleared Daniel Jones to play and announced he will start against the Redskins on Sunday:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ts-eli-manning

Eli Manning started the past two games while Jones dealt with a high ankle sprain.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Giants have cleared Daniel Jones to play and announced he will start against the Redskins on Sunday:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ts-eli-manning

Eli Manning started the past two games while Jones dealt with a high ankle sprain.
    Well... I REALLY hope Daniel has a good showing... and a WIN!!!

Daniel Jones off to fast start throwing a TD pass on Giants opening possession.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Daniel Jones off to fast start throwing a TD pass on Giants opening possession.
    2nd TD pass, 33 yards to Saquon Barkley at 9:16 of the 2nd Q -- 21-14 Giants. Haskins also playing well for the Skins.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Daniel Jones with TD pass number 2. A 33 yarder to Saquon Barkley.
    Bob Green

10-12 for 112 yards and 2 TDs... and no fumbles or INTs. An the first half isn't even done yet. Redskins are a good team to get healthy against.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?