Page 104 of 161 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 3204
    Quote Originally Posted by HayYou View Post
    They'd have to move on from Jameis, and I'm not sure the franchise has the will to do that just now. At least, not for DJ. And that defense is wonky and aging. They might want to improve on that side of the ball in the draft, and reevaluate at QB next year.
    They’ll move on from Jamie’s, who was a Brees-transition gamble and while that’s gone pretty well when he plays, he’s been repeatedly injured and is not getting younger.

The Saints defense is fine when healthy, and hell, just shut out the Raiders and didn’t even allow them across midfield until late in the 4th even though they’re decidedly not healthy. (They have issues, they’re not elite—but they’re fine.) DJ would be a very interesting project there.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Yup. A great example of this is the Dolphins. 2 years ago and even last year there were serious doubts about Tua’s ability to lead a team to a playoff run or more. Even coming into this year there were. There have been many middling, noncommittal, non-positive responses from the Dolphin brass about Tua in the last few years. Well, they’ve added two world class speedsters at receiver plus a pass catching tight end and an all-pro offensive tackle and drafted other linemen. Voila! Tua is one of the top rated QBs in football and the brass and the fans are gushing. The team has made some other wise personnel moves and draft choices and even with the tumult caused by the Flores situation and the tampering by the idiotic owner, this team is viewed by most as a team on the rise if not a contender right now. So it can be done. The Giants would be foolish to not re-sign DJ. Follow the Dolphin model. Get him some receivers and a line, draft better overall, make a few other signings and you’ll be in business.
    It is just amazing that a game with 11 men on a side turns out to be a team game!

More Pressue on Giants Offense

No comment, except that an in-season report that includes "Cabo" and "ATV" sounds awful.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants will be without safety Xavier McKinney for a "few weeks" after he injured his hand during an ATV accident in Cabo during the bye week.

McKinney was back with the team on Monday, according to a source. He detailed the injury in a Twitter post.

The ascending safety says he was injured on a guided sightseeing tour.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    No comment, except that an in-season report that includes "Cabo" and "ATV" sounds awful.
    The ascending safety says he was injured on a guided sightseeing tour.
    "And here's a close up view of our dirt."
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Teams love this stuff. Skiing accidents, ATV malfeasance, opening a DVD case with a steak knife, on and on. Chris Sales can hurt himself merely by looking at a bicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Maybe it is just the law of averages since they have so many players in the NFL, but Alabama seems to have a lot of alums in the NFL who go on to do dumb things.

Funny how some of the most successful players (with the longest careers) across different sports eschew things like skiing, ATVs, motorcycles. I recall that Tom Seaver didn’t even play tennis during his playing days.
    Carolina delenda est

The Giants lead Houston 7-3. DJ is 5-7 for 77 yds and one TF pass.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    The Giants lead Houston 7-3. DJ is 5-7 for 77 yds and one TF pass.
    But the horrendous way the Giants are calling plays, they looked afraid to let DJ throw the ball.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    WOW!
    Under huge pressure on 3rd and long, DJ scrambles and throws a 54 yard TD pass to Slayton. Giants lead 14-3. (pass was for under 10 yards, great run after the catch by Slayton.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

DJ with a 54 yd TD pass. Giants 14-3. DJ 10-13 for 160 yds, 2 TDs.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Jones is 13/17 for 197 yards and a 153 QB rating. Very nice!

DJ's numbers are great, but they are still not letting him throw...last possession, turnover and then Giants do 3 straight runs and punt. Fans on NYGiants twitter think Jason Garrett is back calling the plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    DJ's numbers are great, but they are still not letting him throw...last possession, turnover and then Giants do 3 straight runs and punt. Fans on NYGiants twitter think Jason Garrett is back calling the plays.
    Barkley has 30 carries.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Jones is 13/17 for 197 yards and a 153 QB rating. Very nice!
    That post was an hour ago, and his stats are the same. Every play since then has been a run.

Giant win 24-16. They played not to lose.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That post was an hour ago, and his stats are the same. Every play since then has been a run.
    Run da ball!
    Bob Green

Giant win 24-16. They played not to lose.
    It worked. 7-2. Daboll and Elko can have dinner together discussing getting COY's in their inaugural seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Run da ball!
    I hear ya, but the Giants were fortunate to get 2 red zone turnovers late in the game to barely hold after multiple 3 runs and then punt.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I hear ya, but the Giants were fortunate to get 2 red zone turnovers late in the game to barely hold after multiple 3 runs and then punt.
    My post was an inside joke from those of us sitting in Section 19 yesterday.
    Bob Green