Page 18 of 161 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    All those so called "experts" that said Daniel could not play with the big boys? Take that!!

This Jets fan bled blue tonight. Thrilled at DJ's debut. Esp without Saquon.

Mobility is one of the reasons for the switch from Eli...showed it today.

Defense almost blew it for him with the pass to Evans...Lucky ending, but we'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Best comment of the year..."brevity is the soul of wit..."
    You are too kind. Must spread comments, yada yada yada . . . .

I liked how DJ could release the ball and take a hit (although maybe not quite so many hits). Tough kid. The first fumble seemed like a rookie mistake of not sensing the pressure but the second was less so. Loved that he could get the win and play well. Giants got a good one !

As big Duke and Giants fans, it is a happy night in the Crazy household. The Giants really didn’t look good and I am worried about Barkley but I will enjoy the moment.

Waiting for the headlines on the tabloids tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    All those so called "experts" that said Daniel could not play with the big boys? Take that!!
    Calling Todd McShay, Mr. Todd McShay...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by richmclean View Post
    D.J. QB draw TD to win the game! D.J. 26/36/336 2 TDS 112 rating.
    DJ in the post game presser (and Kevin Zeitler earlier) noted that the opening just broke. Wasn't a called QB draw...still an alert mobile play by the kid.

This was the first NFL game that I’ve watched from beginning to end in many years. I might be watching a few more Giants games this year.

Way to go DJ!!!

Watching NFL Red Zone - hoping to see highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    DJ in the post game presser (and Kevin Zeitler earlier) noted that the opening just broke. Wasn't a called QB draw...still an alert mobile play by the kid.
    Maybe they didn't call it, but let the record reflect that I told the people around me in the bar before the snap, "DJ will run it here."

Mr. Mara, I'm available at the right price. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What game is Cut's Twitter profile pic from ... appears to be home game ... we're wearing all blue ...

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    So ... Cut's Twitter mentioned a Pulitzer for a former student ... guessing it was when Cut coached his alma mater Banks HS ... I think current Alabama newsman John Archibald played for him ... https://www.cbs42.com/local-news/for...-long-history/

"Jones is the first rookie NFL quarterback to throw for at least 300 yards, pass for two TDs and run for two more since the 1970 NFL/AFL merger, per ESPN. And he is the first Giants QB to score two rushing touchdowns since Jeff Hostetler in 1991, per FOX."--NY Daily News
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 09-22-2019 at 10:47 PM. Reason: from

Would have been perfect if the final field goal attempt had been successful. I really wanted Daniel to do well but for the Giants to lose. Almost got my wish.

Still a strong debut for a rookie that virtually nobody believed in on draft night.

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Instead of burying discussion about the future of Duke football in the NFL, let's highlight him with his own thread! He deserves it.

I'll start it off by with "dog bites man" style news: Baker Mayfield said some silly words. Sure, you can be surprised Jones got picked so early, but not calling him a "winner"? That's just false. Going to a bowl 2 of 3 years at Duke given the supporting cast he had relative to his direct competition, let alone the skill guys Baker had at Oklahoma, sure sounds like a "winner" to me. You can't compare apples and oranges. If Baker wanted to talk about a guy who wasn't a "winner" in college, consider that No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff was a combined 6-18 in his first two years, and just squeaked out bowl eligibility in his last year at 7-5, at a school that has had success historically at football (Cal).

Despite the success we've had over the past 6-7 years on the football field Duke can't quite shake the specter of it's horrible past, and that continues to color people's opinion not only of the program, but of Jones. It's frustrating, but hopefully that puts an extra chip on our (and Daniel's!) shoulder. I can't wait for Jones to prove them all wrong.
    Baker won’t be comparing himself to DJ this week, not after his clutch interception on 4th & goal with the game on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    TB misses a game winning FG from 34 yds as time expires?

The DJ era begins!
    TB also missed two extra points, which would have been the difference in the game. It was Jones’s night.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    TB also missed two extra points, which would have been the difference in the game. It was Jones’s night.
    Yet somehow the kicker was also 3-3 for FGs until last kick, including nailing a 52-yarder. Bizarre.

bonus: Jameis Winston is a dirtball, he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    bonus: Jameis Winston is a dirtball, he really is.
    That may be the nicest thing anyone has said about Jameis in a long time.

Meanwhile, this NYPost column uses Danny Dimes but also debuts another nickname: The Danchise.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?