Page 56 of 161 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3204
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    Maybe. Once a highly drafted QB is given up on by the team that drafted him, and that team moves on to somebody else, are there a lot of examples of that QB finding stardom elsewhere? Ryan Tannehill found a great spot with the Titans after the Dolphins went another direction, and while not a star, he's been pretty good there and they appear happy with him. Other recent examples I'm not thinking of?
    I don't know about stardom, but there are a number of examples of QBs finding success after the team that drafted them moved on. Tannehill, who you mentioned, is a top-10 QB now, which I never would have expected after watching him in Miami. The Charges gave up on Drew Brees. There's Peyton Manning, though he had a long run with the Colts before they drafted Luck so maybe shouldn't count. Stafford will probably find success because he's good. Kirk Cousins has had success with the Vikings.

Then there are several examples right now where the jury is still out: Sam Darnold, Jemeis Winston, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz.

Given the recent trends with QBs, if the Giants decided to go in a different direction, I would like to think another, better team would give DJ a shot given his talent and physical abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I don't know about stardom, but there are a number of examples of QBs finding success after the team that drafted them moved on. Tannehill, who you mentioned, is a top-10 QB now, which I never would have expected after watching him in Miami. The Charges gave up on Drew Brees. There's Peyton Manning, though he had a long run with the Colts before they drafted Luck so maybe shouldn't count. Stafford will probably find success because he's good. Kirk Cousins has had success with the Vikings.

Then there are several examples right now where the jury is still out: Sam Darnold, Jemeis Winston, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz.

Given the recent trends with QBs, if the Giants decided to go in a different direction, I would like to think another, better team would give DJ a shot given his talent and physical abilities.
    I'm all in on DJ going to the, wait for it, The WFT(Redskins).

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post

Yeah I actually thought to edit my post to include my thought that I wasn't so much talking about veteran QBs who have been with their team a long time and moved on somewhere else later in their careers, like Stafford or Manning. I mean guys who have not established themselves as solid, successful starters with the team that originally drafted them highly, the team decided to move on after a few years, and the QB in question found major success elsewhere. Yes the jury is out on Goff and Wentz and that group, I agree.

As for Brees, he was the starting QB in San Diego, and was a Pro Bowl alternate in his last year. He was not a bust at all. He got caught in a power struggle between Marty Schottenheimer and the GM who had drafted Phil Rivers, which led to Brees being on the field when he shouldn't have been, and suffering a catastrophic shoulder injury. His recovery from that was close to miraculous. So I'm not sure I'd say the Chargers "gave up on" Brees, but because of the injury and what they perceived at the time as his slim chances of returning to play at a high level, they let him go to the Saints and gave Rivers his shot.

I am not in NY and don't really listen to sports radio... are the talking heads praising or pummeling DJ today? Feels like he did everything he could but the team around him in NY just is not up to the standards of even a mediocre NFL team. Are folks putting last night's loss to WFT, which is among the most winnable games on the NYG schedule, on Daniel or is he a faint bright spot for an otherwise dismal team?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I am not in NY and don't really listen to sports radio... are the talking heads praising or pummeling DJ today? Feels like he did everything he could but the team around him in NY just is not up to the standards of even a mediocre NFL team. Are folks putting last night's loss to WFT, which is among the most winnable games on the NYG schedule, on Daniel or is he a faint bright spot for an otherwise dismal team?
    I was wondering the same thing. I briefly tuned into wfan this morning (Boomer Esiason is one of the morning hosts) but unfortunately got pulled away after a few minutes. Both the Yanks and Giants blew games last night. My guess is that Judge took more blame.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I briefly tuned into wfan this morning (Boomer Esiason is one of the morning hosts) but unfortunately got pulled away after a few minutes. Both the Yanks and Giants blew games last night. My guess is that Judge took more blame.
    Giant fan here; family has had season tickets since 1956.

Judge, Garrett and Graham the defensive coordinator are taking the heat for the loss on NY sports talk radio.

The Giants are not a good team-but they do NOT need a new quarterback.

Dave Gettlemen the Giants GM--time to pack...you too Jason Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post

Dave Gettlemen the Giants GM--time to pack...you too Jason Garrett.

Can they take Cashman and Boone with them?

He played well, although he threw the ball behind an open receiver on a crucial third down after the interception. Had that one been on target, the Giants would have won.
    Instead they had to settle for a field goal and left enough time for the WFT to score. That was really the only time he did not deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    My gosh, yes. I wanted Cashman to be fired at least a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    BAck in June, when the Yankees were floundering (the first time this season), I was calling for firing Boone and for Arod to replace him. Arod sounds so baseball savvy on broadcasts I think he’d be a great manager.

On ESPN they’ve praised DJ for how well he played last night. Blame solidly on the Jints defense. And the dropped touchdown pass ( not DJ’s fault).
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    BAck in June, when the Yankees were floundering (the first time this season), I was calling for firing Boone and for Arod to replace him. Arod sounds so baseball savvy on broadcasts I think he’d be a great manager.

On ESPN they’ve praised DJ for how well he played last night. Blame solidly on the Jints defense. And the dropped touchdown pass ( not DJ’s fault).
    yeah. he really juices up the broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Daniel Jones received major praise on the Doug Gottlieb show today from Steve Palazzolo of Pro Football Focus and from Gottlieb. 👍🏻

I was really glad to hear that.

A lot of articles are up praising Jones, denigrating the cautious offensive calls and the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    A lot of articles are up praising Jones, denigrating the cautious offensive calls and the defense.
    I have to give him praise for handling (like a pro) the grousing and sniping of some teammates who feel under-utilized - and made that clear, publicly.

I live in NY. Jones was praised. Blaming dropped TD pass, defense, penalties including the Dexter Lawrence inexcusable offside on the first game winning field goal attempt, and coaching (which included the above penalties). The coaches are taking heat this week, but the guy on the biggest hot seat in general has been the GM, Dave Gettleman, who brought DJ in. If Gettleman goes, the new GM could bring in a new QB, like what the Jets did. Gettleman made the offensive line a priority, and in 4 years or so, hasn’t succeeded, though to be fair, they played ok on Thursday. Also shows that when DJ gets enough time, he plays well. Jason Garrett has also been under fire for his play calling. DJ also was better his rookie year and not so much under Garrett. Though again, Thursday night was better. They just couldn’t close and make the plays needed to win.

As for other QBs succeeding after being drafted high by another team could include Steve Young (drafted #1 by Tampa Bay but was bad on bad Tampa Bay teams before backing up Montana in SF and taking over). Trent Dilfer was not great but won a Super Bowl in Baltimore. Brett Farve was drafted by Atlanta but was never the starter there. There are guys like Vinny Testaverde who maybe weren’t stars on o her teams but he success and decent careers.

This is not related to Daniel Jones specifically, but it is related to the NFL. I’m a subscriber to AT&T U-verse, but as far as I can tell I don’t get the NFL network on U-verse anymore.

I want to watch the Thursday night games, but I don’t know how to go about doing so. Any suggestions? Thanks. 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Any suggestions? Thanks. 👍🏻
    Go to a sports bar.
    Bob Green

This is not related to Daniel Jones specifically, but it is related to the NFL. I’m a subscriber to AT&T U-verse, but as far as I can tell I don’t get the NFL network on U-verse anymore.

I want to watch the Thursday night games, but I don’t know how to go about doing so. Any suggestions? Thanks. 👍🏻
    I watch Thursday night games on Sling TV Orange. Game is on NFL Network which is part of the Orange package.

Quote Originally Posted by roge054 View Post
    I watch Thursday night games on Sling TV Orange. Game is on NFL Network which is part of the Orange package.
    I’ll check it out, thanks. ✅

On further review

I’ll check it out, thanks. ✅
    Sorry Steven43 NFL Network is on the Sling Blue package. I have both packages so I double checked.