Instead of burying discussion about the future of Duke football in the NFL, let's highlight him with his own thread! He deserves it.

I'll start it off by with "dog bites man" style news: Baker Mayfield said some silly words. Sure, you can be surprised Jones got picked so early, but not calling him a "winner"? That's just false. Going to a bowl 2 of 3 years at Duke given the supporting cast he had relative to his direct competition, let alone the skill guys Baker had at Oklahoma, sure sounds like a "winner" to me. You can't compare apples and oranges. If Baker wanted to talk about a guy who wasn't a "winner" in college, consider that No. 1 overall pick Jared Goff was a combined 6-18 in his first two years, and just squeaked out bowl eligibility in his last year at 7-5, at a school that has had success historically at football (Cal).

Despite the success we've had over the past 6-7 years on the football field Duke can't quite shake the specter of it's horrible past, and that continues to color people's opinion not only of the program, but of Jones. It's frustrating, but hopefully that puts an extra chip on our (and Daniel's!) shoulder. I can't wait for Jones to prove them all wrong.