Page 51 of 161 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3204

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Haskins could have/should have run for first downs on several occasions in the last game he played, but he chose to throw the ball (unsuccessfully) each and every time. I agree with you that Smith has virtually no mobility, and fares very poorly when flushed out of the pocket. If I were planning a defense against the WFT, it would start and end with flushing Smith. If Tampa Bay can do that successfully, the WFT will be in big trouble, because they have no offense if Smith is flushed.

On the flip side of the coin, though, Tom Brady is also not the most mobile quarterback in the NFL, and is exactly the kind of quarterback against which the WFT has been successful. If the Maroon 4 can get to him/put pressure on him all night long, I think the WFT has at least a puncher's chance of pulling off the upset. The WFT fares very poorly against teams with mobile/running quarterbacks (think Arizona, Seattle, NYGs, Philadelphia when Hurts was taking snaps) but does much better against teams with pocket quarterbacks (Pittsburgh, the Eagles with Wentz, the Lions [a game the WFT should've won], Dallas, etc).

Honestly, if I were Tampa Bay, the LAST team from the weak NFC East that I would want to see come out of the division is the WFT. I think the WFT has the best chance (out of any of the NFC East teams, admittedly a very weak division) to pull off the upset. Let's see how Tom Brady fares against Montez Sweat, Chase Young, et al.

(Afterthought: the WFT might have a better chance to win if they played Heinecke, who is much more mobile, then if they play Smith, although they will obviously play Smith. If TB is getting consistent pressure and flushing Smith all night long, Coach better think about substituting in Heinecke, who is quite mobile and can get some first downs on his feet when a play is broken.)
    Great points. I worry every time Alex takes a sack. I love his heart and desire to win but I'm afraid he's going to get injured again. Pro football is a violent game and not for the fainthearted. As for the upcoming game, I think it will be a low scoring game unless one of the teams turns the ball over multiple times. Both teams have very good defenses and both teams have QBs that aren't known for their running game. It could be a close game because of the two defenses.

Would love to see WFT beat Tampa Bay. Alex Smith was a great team player in KC - Mahomes gives him a lot of credit for sharing his knowledge and mentoring him.

Quote Originally Posted by obowl1955 View Post
    I believe Sudfield was the quaterback for Indiana in the Pinstripe Bowl when Duke ended their 50 plus year streak without a bowl win .
    Isn't Sudfield the stuff I taken when my nose is stuffed up?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Would love to see WFT beat Tampa Bay. Alex Smith was a great team player in KC - Mahomes gives him a lot of credit for sharing his knowledge and mentoring him.
    Will the injured Mike Evans play — and play effectively — for Tampa Bay? Could be a key factor.

MRI revealed no structural damage to his knee. I’m surprised as it looked really bad yesterday; I thought for sure he would miss the playoffs. Antonio Brown might take on a bigger role Saturday.

Am I the only one who constantly misreads “WFT” by reversing the “F” and the “T”?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Am I the only one who constantly misreads “WFT” by reversing the “F” and the “T”?
    Uh, no.

-jk

Constantly.

Similarly, I sorta wish Washington would just sorta lean into it and stick with the colors and the "Washington Football Team" identity. It is unique, and really sorta works if you own it.

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Uh, no.

-jk
    I am in agreement with jk.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    I am in agreement with jk.
    I agree with kj too.

As Eli Manning tweeted after last night's lack of professional integrity by Philadelphia:

" This is why we hate the Eagles."

Print that on a sweatshirt and I'll buy a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Constantly.

Similarly, I sorta wish Washington would just sorta lean into it and stick with the colors and the "Washington Football Team" identity. It is unique, and really sorta works if you own it.
    I don't know why they didn't go with "Washington Team for Football" so the WTF shorthand would be real. Such a missed opportunity.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Constantly.

I honestly like the Washington Football Team name as well. I kind of gave it crap for the first few months but it has really grown on me.

Count me out. Keep the colors (I'm in favor of that) but they have to rebrand. I don't think the WFT is routinely relevant enough to pull off the generic branding.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Count me out. Keep the colors (I'm in favor of that) but they have to rebrand. I don't think the WFT is routinely relevant enough to pull off the generic branding.
    Is Washington Bullets available?

I, too, have grown to like the name. I really like the colors and especially the logo. I would be fine if they stuck with it.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Is Washington Bullets available?
    It is now that they've become The Washington Basketball Team.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Big brawl during the Giants first practice today.

Here's what happened, according to the numerous Giants beat writers who covered every single second of this incident. Running back Corey Clement was brought down hard by Jabrill Peppers at the end of a big run. Evan Engram defended his guy and gave Peppers a huge shove. That set off Logan Ryan, who took down Engram from behind. And that's when the entire team jumped in.

Where was quarterback Daniel Jones during all this? He somehow ended up at the bottom of the pile. Considering his 45 sacks last season, that seems to be a talent of his.
    HA! (Hopefully that is less common this season. )

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/huge-br...193514491.html
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Big brawl during the Giants first practice today.

HA! (Hopefully that is less common this season. )

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/huge-br...193514491.html
    Maybe the Giants should move Evan Engram from TE to defense because he's surely better at tackling and knocking people down that he is at catching the football. I hope Daniel Jones is ok. Like the writer, I guess he's getting used to being sacked by ending up on the bottom of the pile.

As a Duke graduate and fan of the New York Football Giants, whose family has had season tickets for almost 60 years, let me put this as plainly as I can: I'm tired of friends telling me Daniel Jones is another Ben Bennett or Dave Brown.

Put up or shut up in 2021, DJ !

The scrutiny that Jones is getting on a daily basis in the NY press is pretty astounding, even by Big Apple standards. At least he's used to it by now.