Page 74 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3204
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I somehow missed this until saw he wasn't in the line-up today. Sounds pretty serious ---

https://www.nfl.com/news/giants-qb-d...th-neck-injury

Hope he recovers fully. Neck injuries are scary.
    Same here. I also hope the Giants get him something resembling an offensive line.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Same here. I also hope the Giants get him something resembling an offensive line.
    I think it's taking a LOT on faith that Daniel will be hanging around in a Giants uniform next year...a backup maybe. It's not Daniel (or just Daniel) it's the entire team but obviously the blame starts with the most visible.

ESPN reporting that Jones' backup, Glennon, was concussed at some (undetermined) point in today's game.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    ESPN reporting that Jones' backup, Glennon, was concussed at some (undetermined) point in today's game.
    Good luck to any QB playing behind that OL.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I think it's taking a LOT on faith that Daniel will be hanging around in a Giants uniform next year...a backup maybe. It's not Daniel (or just Daniel) it's the entire team but obviously the blame starts with the most visible.
    I'm not a Giants fan, especially after Super Bowl XXV. But you can delete "him" from the second sentence of my prior post.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    And it will be no less accurate than what I did write. Well, I guess that's not exactly true. I don't hope the Giants get an OL if DJ isn't their QB.

Listening to sports radio on the way home from work I heard Daniel Jones most likely will not play this coming weekend against the Chargers. He had more tests on his neck and was not cleared.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Listening to sports radio on the way home from work I heard Daniel Jones most likely will not play this coming weekend against the Chargers. He had more tests on his neck and was not cleared.
    ..which may be a good thing for him. I think the Giants are the most injured, or one of the worst 2 teams in the NFL regarding injuries this year. ESPN.com did a break down.

Honestly why would they push it at this point? Seems like it would be safest to shut him down and get his neck taken care of properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Honestly why would they push it at this point? Seems like it would be safest to shut him down and get his neck taken care of properly.
    Yep, you’re correct. Jones needs to sit until he is fully healthy.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    And improve their draft pick without being criticized for tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Daniel will not play against the Dolphins on Sunday due to a neck issue. There are some tweets going around that this might be a season ending injury. Hope that isn't true.
    Looks like it was true. Giants shutting Daniel down for the remainder of the season.

Looks like it was true. Giants shutting Daniel down for the remainder of the season.
    the questions now become when do they fire Gettleman, with whom do they replace him, and will they exercise their option on Daniel...

I hate that he was injured, but am glad they are shutting him down. Neck injuries are serious, no need to mess around with that at the end of a lost season.

Yep, you’re correct. Jones needs to sit until he is fully healthy.
    ...and until he is playing for another, more creative offensive system....and not gonna happen in NY...

Good. Hope he takes all the time he needs to heal.

Daniel Jones was used as an analogy on CNBC today. It happened at 12:10 pm, if you want to search for it on line. Several of the talking heads are NY Giants fans. They were talking about the Fed's upcoming announcement on interest rates and how the market will react. Quoting, "Are we in a Daniel Jones market, we have a couple of good games, where the market has a couple of good days and goes up a lot, and then we start fumbling the ball again, the minute we get touched, turn the ball over again, or do we have a Josh Allen market, where we've cleaned up a couple of the mistakes and now we're reliable again?" OY!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Daniel Jones was used as an analogy on CNBC today. It happened at 12:10 pm, if you want to search for it on line. Several of the talking heads are NY Giants fans. They were talking about the Fed's upcoming announcement on interest rates and how the market will react. Quoting, "Are we in a Daniel Jones market, we have a couple of good games, where the market has a couple of good days and goes up a lot, and then we start fumbling the ball again, the minute we get touched, turn the ball over again, or do we have a Josh Allen market, where we've cleaned up a couple of the mistakes and now we're reliable again?" OY!
    So Daniel is responsible for my portfolio being down about 10% over the last week?...but, wait, I have to sell to be really out of the money don't I (or I could put in all in bitcoin)?. I guess Daniel is a "hold" then.

Daniel appears to get a vote of confidence today from Giants owner and new GM as their 2022 QB

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-daniel-jones
    Last edited by Hartford Dukie; 01-26-2022 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Daniel appears to get a vote of confidence today from Giants owner and new GM as their 2022 QB

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...e-daniel-jones
    Oh, the "ole kiss of death confidence".

GoDuke!

One quote from joint press conference of Giants owner and new GM

Co-owner John Mara

"We do feel Daniel can play. We've done everything possible to screw this kid up since he's been here. We keep changing coaches, keep changing coordinators, keep changing offensive line coaches. I take a lot of responsibility for that. But let's bring in the right group of coaches now and give him some continuity and try to rebuild the offensive line and then be able to make an intelligent evaluation of whether he can be the franchise quarterback or not. I have a lot of hope in Daniel. I know how badly he wants it. I know how the players feel about him. We are certainly not giving up on him by any stretch of the imagination."