Blinded by the Light

If you’re a fan of Springsteen, or just want to enjoy a coming of age movie set to 80’s music, you’ll enjoy Blinded by the Light. Based on a true story and memoir, the movie has humor, looks at prejudice, has that “follow your dreams” theme, and lots of Bruce’s music. It’s not academy award winning cinema, but because it’s rooted in a real story, it’s better than Yesterday.

Like I said, if you like “the boss,” or came of age on the 80’s, it is a fun movie.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    If you’re a fan of Springsteen, or just want to enjoy a coming of age movie set to 80’s music, you’ll enjoy Blinded by the Light. Based on a true story and memoir, the movie has humor, looks at prejudice, has that “follow your dreams” theme, and lots of Bruce’s music. It’s not academy award winning cinema, but because it’s rooted in a real story, it’s better than Yesterday.

Like I said, if you like “the boss,” or came of age on the 80’s, it is a fun movie.
    We saw Yesterday last Friday afternoon when it rained ALL day at Wrightsville Beach. Obviously not our original plan but we loved the movie, the music of course, and the ending!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    We saw Yesterday last Friday afternoon when it rained ALL day at Wrightsville Beach. Obviously not our original plan but we loved the movie, the music of course, and the ending!
    I enjoyed Yesterday too, the music and the ending. Those that enjoyed Yesterday should enjoy Blinded by the Light even more, given it’s real life lead character portrayal. Great music and cool ending with the photos then and now.

Saw Blinded by the Light on Saturday--what a nice film. It was sweet and uplifting without being saccharine, and it clearly comes from a deep and abiding love of the source music. The filmmakers did a great job visually portraying how our protagonist connected with Springsteen's music during his first listen. At many turns it reminded me of a stage musical, and would probably work well on Broadway.

It was a little silly at times, but overall worth watching.