Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Agree, but I think he will get in anyway. Maybe not first ballot, but he will end up there.

Would he have ended up there if his last name were not Manning? Who knows? Would he have ended up there if David Tyree hadn't managed to secure the ball to the back of his helmet? Probably not. As ludicrous as it may sound, I suspect that when Eli ends up in the Hall of Fame, it will be largely due to the stickum that David Tyree must have had on the back of his helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Not a lot of QBs with two rings aren't in. Do you think Ben belongs in? Rivers?

The stage is set for some really interesting QB hall discussions in a few years.
    Yep...that stickum ensured two SB wins under his belt, and that's pretty much a written ticket to Canton.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Aaaaand Antonio Brown has been released by the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    My bet is that the Pats told him he was on zero tolerance and he had to keep to the straight and narrow. Took him about 10 days to blow through that.

I suspect teams will not be lining up to take a shot at him as it is looking increasingly like the NFL may step in an issue some kind of suspension for the sexual assault stuff.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Man, what a maroon.

If he had been using a relatively modern helmet perhaps he wouldn't be such a moron - all those blows to the head clearly took their toll. Who knows whether the Pats did this on their own or the NFL forced their hand.

Apparently boring Bill B and Terry Bradshaw agree on AB...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    If he had been using a relatively modern helmet perhaps he wouldn't be such a moron - all those blows to the head clearly took their toll. Who knows whether the Pats did this on their own or the NFL forced their hand.
    Pardon my cynicism, but after 2 blowout wins to open the season they may feel they don't need him to win.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    My bet is that the Pats told him he was on zero tolerance and he had to keep to the straight and narrow. Took him about 10 days to blow through that.

I suspect teams will not be lining up to take a shot at him as it is looking increasingly like the NFL may step in an issue some kind of suspension for the sexual assault stuff.
    I will be very, very surprised if we see him on an NFL field again this season, if ever. In, what, three or four months' time, he's proven himself to be such a pain in the wankerizer that two teams gave up trying. (Not even counting his drama all of last year with the Steelers.)
    Wasted talent. I'd hate to be his agent...he can go compare notes with Kap's rep on how much life sucks.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I will be very, very surprised if we see him on an NFL field again this season, if ever. In, what, three or four months' time, he's proven himself to be such a pain in the wankerizer that two teams gave up trying. (Not even counting his drama all of last year with the Steelers.)
    Wasted talent. I'd hate to be his agent...he can go compare notes with Kap's rep on how much life sucks.
    I almost feel sorry for Drew Rosenhaus. …

Hah! JK.

I do wonder how much of all of the crap Rosenhaus did know about. NFL front offices aren't going to trust him very much going forward, not that they trusted him before.

Of course, I will bet 29 teams are laughing at this newest twist. The Patriot's way isn't looking all that special. High risk: keep em quiet or kick em to the curb.

AB needs someone to control him, to keep him from going off the rails, but he'll never let that happen.

He actually was putting together a HOF resume, and could easily have been considered the second best 6th round pick ever …

I can't and won't call this a shame. He sounds like a disgusting human being.

And Monday he would have received his first installment of $9 million from the Pats. Shame.

I am surprised the Pats didn't milk him for one more game before cutting him loose Sunday evening. But with the condition the Jets are in, it was clear they didn't need him even a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    And Monday he would have received his first installment of $9 million from the Pats. Shame.

I am surprised the Pats didn't milk him for one more game before cutting him loose Sunday evening. But with the condition the Jets are in, it was clear they didn't need him even a little bit.
    Anyway, I fear his bizarre behavior and possible criminal acts are symptoms of something far worse.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Off topic-ish... Is he one of the top 5 receivers in the last... Twenty years? Not that it is relevant to him being traded, cut, and cut... But seems unprecedented.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Off topic-ish... Is he one of the top 5 receivers in the last... Twenty years? Not that it is relevant to him being traded, cut, and cut... But seems unprecedented.
    Kinda hard to tell, we never got to see him with a non-HOF QB.

I almost feel sorry for Drew Rosenhaus. …

Hah! JK.

I do wonder how much of all of the crap Rosenhaus did know about. NFL front offices aren't going to trust him very much going forward, not that they trusted him before.

Of course, I will bet 29 teams are laughing at this newest twist. The Patriot's way isn't looking all that special. High risk: keep em quiet or kick em to the curb.

AB needs someone to control him, to keep him from going off the rails, but he'll never let that happen.

He actually was putting together a HOF resume, and could easily have been considered the second best 6th round pick ever …

I can't and won't call this a shame. He sounds like a disgusting human being.
    I don't think there's any particular reason why an agent should offer up this kind of info...as long as he doesn't blatantly lie (which perhaps he did) his job is to rep the client and get a good deal.

If nothing else, this latest development should do away with the "Brown is crazy like a fox" and "the Pats had this all planned out" theories...Brown has pissed away $30 million and it's unlikely he'll ever seen anything remotely comparable...he may not get ANY deal. He's a dirtball who can't even get it together to accept a super lucrative third chance opportunity.

The Pats (of whom I am not a fan, but a very grudging admirer) continue to do their thing...by and large they make smart moves, hand out long term deals like manhole covers, and are the most unsentimental team in the NFL. Belichick would cut his own mother if she lost a step in the kitchen...I know they've cheated and Kraft is a doink, but I'm not seeing many other teams with the smarts to hold the Rams to three lousy points. That was a masterpiece of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    If nothing else, this latest development should do away with the "Brown is crazy like a fox" and "the Pats had this all planned out" theories...
    I dunno, I still see those as plausible. And if they are true, then BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA to both of 'em.

There's too much to quote in here, so I'll just link the article.
    AB isn't burning bridges, he's blowing them up, then going around and setting fire to the debris fields.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/antonio-b...142049654.html

Brrowns Lose to Rams

Seems to me that with the ball on the Rams 4 yard line with 41 seconds to go and three time-outs, the Browns should have run the ball. They were trailing 20-13. The Browns line couldn't keep the defense off of Baker Mayfield.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

AB needs someone to control him, to keep him from going off the rails,
    Like a prison warden?
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

HA! AB re-enrolls at Central Michigan. I bet the Dean of Students is ecstatic!

Did he use up his eligibility? Applying for a sixth year with the NCAA?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ntral-michigan

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    HA! AB re-enrolls at Central Michigan. I bet the Dean of Students is ecstatic!

Did he use up his eligibility? Applying for a sixth year with the NCAA?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ntral-michigan
    I believe he is taking online courses - I wonder if that is by choice or required?