Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I hope they don’t rush Jones. That could end up very very poorly.
    I guess it depends on what one views as "rushing" him, but I don't think they will. First, whatever their internal expectations are, I think they want to at least pay lip service to potentially being competitive, and sticking with a veteran while there's some theoretical hope in that. (And Eli wasn't that bad yesterday, though obviously no one but Barkley escapes blame for a game like that). Second, Eli's a franchise hero, and no matter how non-competitive they are, they're willing to waste some starts on him rather than benching him early, just for the sake of it.

Assuming the team is pretty bad, I think week 7 might be when Jones takes over. They could be coming off a drubbing at NE, with a long week for a little more prep, and two bad opponents coming up. Pretty good situation to bring a new guy into. If not then, I think they wait until after the bye. Jets may be an easier opponent, but that'd be a bit of a media frenzy for a first game. Unless there's a quick reversal from yesterday, I think it'll be hard to justify waiting much longer than that, though obviously a team doesn't ever really have to justify anything if they don't want to. And if there's one bright spot from yesterday's game, 1 sack was well below what the Giants typically have given up the past few years, so maybe Jones will at least have some protection when his time comes.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

So Antonio Brown is now being hit with a sexual assault suit. Dude’s a cataclysm.

I traded for Brown in my fantasy football work league about 10 minutes before these allegations came out... O well at least I got AJ Green with him, not a total loss if he comes back at 100%
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    So Antonio Brown is now being hit with a sexual assault suit. Dude’s a cataclysm.
    It will be interesting to hear what the NE faithful say about these multiple incidents, which AB says were "consensual," in light of the hew and cry over Roethlisberger allegations many years ago over a single incident in the mens room of a bar that he described as "consensual" and had a corroborating witness.

Who's Sam Darnold been making out with?

Sam Darnold’s illness has turned into a serious Jets problem. Coach Adam Gase announced on Thursday that Darnold would miss Sunday’s game against the Browns with mono, and could possibly be out multiple games. The Jets and Darnold had grown concerned as he lost about five pounds over the past few days.
    https://nypost.com/2019/09/12/sam-da...ame-with-mono/
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Who's Sam Darnold been making out with?

https://nypost.com/2019/09/12/sam-da...ame-with-mono/

I hope he gives her number to Antonio Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I hope he gives her number to Antonio Brown.
    I take it you really don't like the Pats.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I take it you really don't like the Pats.
    That would be a fair statement.

I find it amusing that the lawsuit against AB for his "alleged" misuse of the high price beach front town house he rented in Miami is back in the news.

I believe that is where several of the "alleged" sexual assaults took place - the acts aren't contested, the only issue was consent.

Discovery in that lawsuit is now pursuing his texts and communications with his agent. The agent is being deposed.

The Pats fans that were so critical or Ben Roethlisberger are so quiet now.

Ben is (has become), by all accounts, a dedicated family man and a good father.

AB? Well, he is a father, if his "baby mama" is to be believed. But not a lot of respect for women.

Hey, just win baby.

And I hear Mr. Robert "Happy Ending" Kraft wouldn't have signed off on AB had he known about the allegations. Wow. Just wow.
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    And I hear Mr. Robert "Happy Ending" Kraft wouldn't have signed off on AB had he known about the allegations. Wow. Just wow.
    I don't believe it.

On a Duke note, Eli is 1 of 7 so far. The New York sports world typewriters are heating up.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    I don't believe it.

On a Duke note, Eli is 1 of 7 so far. The New York sports world typewriters are heating up.
    Eli now 8-17 for a paltry 62 yards passing. Giants trail Bills 21-7. I won't be shocked if we see some DJ in the second half.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I won't be shocked if we see some DJ in the second half.
    I'm playing mental ping pong with Daniel Jones. Part of me wants to see him out there playing and part of me wants him on the sideline learning.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm playing mental ping pong with Daniel Jones. Part of me wants to see him out there playing and part of me wants him on the sideline learning.
    Yeah. Would be best for him to get a week of practice with the one team.

The problem with Jones playing is that he'll be surrounded by a pretty mediocre team...Eli isn't the only problem on that team...not sure that playing right now is the best idea.

If I'm reading the box score properly, it would appear that through three quarters of "action," the tanking Dolphins have mustered 38 yards of total offense...17 thru the air, 21 rushing, so they've got balance going for them.
    That has to be approaching some kind of record for modern day football...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    If I'm reading the box score properly, it would appear that through three quarters of "action," the tanking Dolphins have mustered 38 yards of total offense...17 thru the air, 21 rushing, so they've got balance going for them.
    That has to be approaching some kind of record for modern day football...
    I always laugh at the notion that a college team could even stay on the field with a pro one... but this Dolphins team might have some trouble with Clemson, Bama, or UGA.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Eli finishes 26 of 45 for 250 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs, 62.3 passer rating. Agree with the above that he doesn't have much to work with, so maybe Giants protecting their future by keeping Jones out. But Eli only sacked once.

Dolphins outscored 102-10 in first 2 games, both at home. Worst team ever?

At least the Steelers have one guaranteed win. I think.

Antonio Brown only caught 4 of Brady's 20 passes. Time for a meltdown?

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Dolphins outscored 102-10 in first 2 games, both at home. Worst team ever?

At least the Steelers have one guaranteed win. I think.
    "We'll always have 1972." (or something like that )
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.