Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    You mean his contract with your New England Patriots??
    Senator, I am not now, nor have I ever been, a fan of the New England Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    I'm completely convinced Antonio Brown and his agent knew exactly what they were doing. Even if they didn't, Brown is now going to be catching passes from Tom Brady. Just a day ago it was Derek Carr. Sometimes it pays to be stupid . . . or incredibly clever.
    Patriots still cheating, IMO. I love conspiracy theories and I believe this was a set up. This is not too unlike what LeGarrette Blount did to Pittsburgh before he ended up right back with the Pats and started behaving again. I understand the money argument. But I think this was a complete set up. But at the end of the season, Brady will win another super bowl. And AB will win one too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...id=mailsignout

Not much of a conspiracy if it cost Brown twenty million guaranteed dollars. This one is simply Brown being Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Not much of a conspiracy if it cost Brown twenty million guaranteed dollars. This one is simply Brown being Brown.
    and simply the Patriots being the Patriots.

It only costs him $20 mil if he doesn't sign another contract next year. He could fairly easily end up coming out ahead the way contracts increase in value every year.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Patriots still cheating, IMO. I love conspiracy theories and I believe this was a set up. This is not too unlike what LeGarrette Blount did to Pittsburgh before he ended up right back with the Pats and started behaving again. I understand the money argument. But I think this was a complete set up. But at the end of the season, Brady will win another super bowl. And AB will win one too.

"Why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?!?"

I was enjoying the AB circus until yesterday. As a Steelers fan, this is the worst possible outcome. I suspect Belicheat's greasy fingers are all over this too.

Belicheat.jpg
    "Quality is not an option!"

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    "Why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?!?"

I was enjoying the AB circus until yesterday. As a Steelers fan, this is the worst possible outcome. I suspect Belicheat's greasy fingers are all over this too.

Belicheat.jpg
    My office Patriots fan is going to be unbearable tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    It only costs him $20 mil if he doesn't sign another contract next year. He could fairly easily end up coming out ahead the way contracts increase in value every year.
    True. But are you predicting he manages to actually make it thru the year with Belichick? Anything's possible, but...

I just find it fascinating because you have a supremely out of control player now reporting to Mr. Control himself. Don't really care how it turns out, I just want to watch it happen...

True. But are you predicting he manages to actually make it thru the year with Belichick? Anything's possible, but...

I just find it fascinating because you have a supremely out of control player now reporting to Mr. Control himself. Don't really care how it turns out, I just want to watch it happen...
    Depends on whether AB is supremely stupid or supremely smart. I have my suspicions.

Not sure anyone else is paying attention to my Seahawks, but dang, a rough half.

Browns fans before today's game - 🥳😎😜🎉

Browns fans after today's game - 😩😡😰🤬

To be fair I felt the same way as a Panthers fan. Ugh

Dolphin fans looked for a cliff to jump from.

Daniel Jones playing. Game long decided, mop-up duty, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    That is still significant. In the NFL, back ups often do NOT play in mop up situations, win or lose, not early season. Seems to me they're inching him forward sooner rather than later...(of course, tiny sample size).

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    That is still significant. In the NFL, back ups often do NOT play in mop up situations, win or lose, not early season. Seems to me they're inching him forward sooner rather than later...(of course, tiny sample size).
    And then he fumbled it...

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    I'm completely convinced Antonio Brown and his agent knew exactly what they were doing. Even if they didn't, Brown is now going to be catching passes from Tom Brady. Just a day ago it was Derek Carr. Sometimes it pays to be stupid . . . or incredibly clever.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

These are EXACTLY the same situations: Players challenging authority, essentially requiring the team to release them or completely lose credibility. Intentionally forcing their way off the team. Tell me that each of them hadn't had assurances that the Pats would have a job for them. Classic tampering. Classic Patriots cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Dolphin fans looked for a cliff to jump from.
    Even if a Dolphins fan could find a cliff to jump from, he'd probably miss.

Roethlisberger 9/14 for 65 yards at the half. I can throw a football farther than that. Not with accuracy or velocity, mind you.

You're right. Roethlisberger still slinging useless passes 'til the very end of a 33-3 drubbing.

I hope they don’t rush Jones. That could end up very very poorly.

Also, doesn’t matter if Jones is the second coming of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, their defense is so piss poor the Giants are gonna rack up a ton of losses.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

As the token Pats fan here...

...I have to admit I do like the last ~20 or so posts.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club