Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    I’ve learned two things today:

1) The 49ers are for real

2) The Panthers are not
    With Cam we are most likely for real. Allen is just a competent backup and today his mistakes kept putting us in bad situations. Regardless the defense did play poorly but much was because of Allen and the line.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    With Cam we are most likely for real. .
    Not if Cam plays remotely like he has in the past two seasons...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Last season he was one of the front runners for MVP till his shoulder got messed up. Why would we include injury, that is preposterous. My comment clearly is talking healthy Cam.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    With Cam we are most likely for real. Allen is just a competent backup and today his mistakes kept putting us in bad situations. Regardless the defense did play poorly but much was because of Allen and the line.
    Last season he was one of the front runners for MVP till his shoulder got messed up. Why would we include injury, that is preposterous. My comment clearly is talking healthy Cam.
    Y'all know there is a whole thread dedicated to the Panthers, right?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Why would we include that? BECAUSE CAM has a proven history of saying he's healthy when he's not, and the Panthers fell for it. He played a lot of bad football last season and this season...and that was my point. And I think it's far from assured that he will ever be 100% again.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Y'all know there is a whole thread dedicated to the Panthers, right?
    Thank you. Feel free to redirect.

Surprised Josh Gordon fell all the way to my Seahawks on the waiver wire.

So the Browns / Steelers game in 2 weeks is kind of must see tv now.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

ESPN is almost as obsessed with this Myles Garrett assault (yup, it seemed criminal to me) on Mason Rudolph as the cable news networks are with impeachment. Seems to be a lot of consensus around a suspension that extends into next season. Lots of folks saying the local authorities should consider assault charges too.

Myles Garrett lost his mind. If he is smart, he is making a major statement of contrition today before the NFL hands down what will probably be a huge suspension.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    So the Browns / Steelers game in 2 weeks is kind of must see tv now.
    Well really just the last :08. That was ridiculous. I believe these players take too many hits to the head...what could Garrett have been thinking? The outcome is not in doubt. So foolish...I'm a Browns fan and I would have no problem throwing him out of the league (though I don't think the punishment will be that severe).

Indefinite suspension for Garrett, but at least the rest of the season (nice little troll job by the league in explicitly saying that this includes the post-season). 3 games for Pouncey, 1 for Ogunjobi. Both teams fined $250K.

https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/...83502113509378

Indefinite suspension for Garrett, but at least the rest of the season (nice little troll job by the league in explicitly saying that this includes the post-season). 3 games for Pouncey, 1 for Ogunjobi. Both teams fined $250K.

https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/...83502113509378
    Pouncey should've gotten nothing...this was an extraordinary circumstance and his teammate was in serious jeopardy.

Pouncey should've gotten nothing...this was an extraordinary circumstance and his teammate was in serious jeopardy.
    Strongly disagree. First of all, Rudolph was in no jeopardy from Garrett at that point. Second of all, a kick to the head? I can fully understand his actions, and kind of said to myself, good, that dude deserved it. But that's really dangerous - sure he's wearing a helmet, but there's serious risk of a neck injury. No way can a league tolerate that, that's a must suspend.

Strongly disagree. First of all, Rudolph was in no jeopardy from Garrett at that point. Second of all, a kick to the head? I can fully understand his actions, and kind of said to myself, good, that dude deserved it. But that's really dangerous - sure he's wearing a helmet, but there's serious risk of a neck injury. No way can a league tolerate that, that's a must suspend.
    Mason Rudolph should be suspended a game as well. he started the fight on the ground, and then as Garrett was being restrained by two Steelers, charged at Garrett. Garrett deserves a suspension for using the helmet as weapon, for sure, but Rudolph is not blameless in this encounter. Pouncey was kicking at the head of a defenseless player, which is in the same league of offense as what Garrett was doing.

NFL left the door open for further disciplinary action so I expect Mason Rudolph will receive a hefty fine before this is over.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post
    ... Pouncey was kicking at the head of a defenseless player, which is in the same league of offense as what Garrett was doing.
    Really?

Kicking a guy who is wearing his helmet is the same league with beating a bare-headed man with a helmet?

Unbelievable.

Mason Rudolph should be suspended a game as well. he started the fight on the ground, and then as Garrett was being restrained by two Steelers, charged at Garrett. Garrett deserves a suspension for using the helmet as weapon, for sure, but Rudolph is not blameless in this encounter. Pouncey was kicking at the head of a defenseless player, which is in the same league of offense as what Garrett was doing.
    Not even close. You seem to analyze events totally out of sequence when it suits your obviously pro Browns position. Pouncey was protecting a team mate, standing up for a teammate. At that point, Pouncey should get one game or none IMO. Sequences is everything dude....and there was only one unprotected head, and that was the one Garrett was wailing on.

And no, I'm neither Steeler nor Browns fan, and frankly kind of glad the Browns won. But Garrett should go for a long time. Pouncey not so much.

There is a code...what Pouncey did was within the code - what Garrett did was totally out of bounds, unprecedented. And BTW, what Garrett did happened before what Pouncey did...it was a domino thing. Any analysis without that context is simply meaningless.

Mason Rudolph should be suspended a game as well.
    No, he should not. He didn't start it, MG did by chucking MR to the ground when MR didn't have the ball anymore. Before it all turned to crap, I couldn't believe there was not roughing call.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    NFL left the door open for further disciplinary action so I expect Mason Rudolph will receive a hefty fine before this is over.
    I don't expect a 'hefty' fine for MR. I wouldn't be surprised if there as a small fine.

There is a code...what Pouncey did was within the code - what Garrett did was totally out of bounds, unprecedented. And BTW, what Garrett did happened before what Pouncey did...it was a domino thing. Any analysis without that context is simply meaningless.
    Very well said. There's a line and Garrett crossed it and that's why it's a big deal. Pouncy should be fined and have at most a 1 game suspension.

I thought Ogubjabi's actions (shoving MR from behind after MR had removed himself from the meelee) were cowardly and I wouldn't mind if he had a longer suspension.

Note, I'm a Redskins fan, didn't have a dog in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    ... (Good analysis here)

Note, I'm a Redskins fan, didn't have a dog in this fight.
    No offense, but as a [REDACTED] fan, the bigger issue is you don't have any fight in your dog.

(Please take in the playful spirit it was intended)

Garrett's actions were stunning. But I have to give credit, his initial response was to actually apologize and own his mistake. It's quite refreshing. There were no qualifiers or excuses.

That said, season suspension feels about right

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    No offense, but as a [REDACTED] fan, the bigger issue is you don't have any fight in your dog.

(Please take in the playful spirit it was intended)

Garrett's actions were stunning. But I have to give credit, his initial response was to actually apologize and own his mistake. It's quite refreshing. There were no qualifiers or excuses.

That said, season suspension feels about right
    I really wish I could disagree with you about my Redskins but sadly I can not. And, yes, I've taken it the right way, if you are going to follow a team like the Redskins publicly you're going to get some playful spirit thrown at you!

I do agree that Garrett's statements after the game were appropriate.