Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

So...Fox with all the WWE tie-ins...ESPN with the Genesis Half-Time "show". Ugh.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    So...Fox with all the WWE tie-ins...ESPN with the Genesis Half-Time "show". Ugh.
    The 20 people in the crowd looked thoroughly thrilled "dancing" in place.

PS, Baker Mayfield is having a disastrous night and it's fun enjoying his suckitude.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

PS, Baker Mayfield is having a disastrous night and it's fun enjoying his suckitude.
    Excellent. He's warming up for my Seahawks!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Amateurs. Come to Ford Field and enjoy suckitude every single game of every season forever and ever.

Husband-of-weezie, the saints fan, took special delight in pointing out that the Lions didn't lose last weekend. Because it was their bye.

He's a delightful guy.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Amateurs. Come to Ford Field and enjoy suckitude every single game of every season forever and ever.

Husband-of-weezie, the saints fan, took special delight in pointing out that the Lions didn't lose last weekend. Because it was their bye.

He's a delightful guy.
    Uh, don't look now, but the Lions are pretty good...

He's a delightful guy.
    As a Redskins fan, I'd be happy to trade right now.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Uh, don't look now, but the Lions are pretty good...
    Attachment 9830

Invalid thing there, BD80. At least I couldn't get it to load.

I hope you were posting something that proved my rock solid observation that the Lion will ALWAYS make a girl cry.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I hope you were posting something that proved my rock solid observation that the Lion will ALWAYS make a girl cry.
    I couldn't get it to load either...but they Lions are 2-1-1 and generally considered a solid team this year. The beat the Eagles, and almost beat KC, two good teams. Who knows where they'll be after 16 games.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ... Who knows where they'll be after 16 games.
    Every man, woman, and child who grew up in or lived in Detroit for any length of time knows answer to that question.

"In Detroit, packing up their lockers and bidding farewell to southeastern Michigan where the skies are usually light gray in winter...which runs from November to May."

Could be worse, could be a Redskins fan.

I just have to quote this fine piece of journalism from Bleacher Report (author Mike Tanier, where credit is due) two days ago:

"The Redskins are a perpetual motion machine of institutionalized dysfunction, a self-sustaining source of front-office machination and backroom intrigue that also, almost by accident, produces a football-like entertainment product every autumn."

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Every man, woman, and child who grew up in or lived in Detroit for any length of time knows answer to that question.

"In Detroit, packing up their lockers and bidding farewell to southeastern Michigan where the skies are usually light gray in winter...which runs from November to May."
    I think Duke has 'em beat on that score historically...

Sorry, it showed up it the preview. It response to the notion that the Lions are pretty good, it was a GIF of Admiral Ackbar announcing "It's a trap"

This morning? Just a big old hahahahaha after that MNF game.

Bright side? Thinking tickets will be plentiful in two weeks when the Giant comes to Detroit.

I'm planning on going to the game and wearing Duke gear.

For my man D. Jones.

PS, the Thanksgiving Day game between the Lions and redskins? Insert baleful stare emoji.
    Last edited by weezie; 10-15-2019 at 07:53 AM.

This morning? Just a big old hahahahaha after that MNF game.

Bright side? Thinking tickets will be plentiful in two weeks when the Giant comes to Detroit.

I'm planning on going to the game and wearing Duke gear.

For my man D. Jones.

I'll bet that at least 20 of the 80 people there will be wearing DJ jerseys.

Patricia's "attention to detail" led to 12 men lining up to defend a FIELD GOAL ATTEMPT, and an additional 4 points for the Pack.

And we have finally determined the standard for overturning a non-call of pass interference: blood. LOTS of blood. And a weapon with the defender's fingerprints and touch DNA. This is the single area where refs across the NFL have been consistent, they will NOT overturn a non-call of pass interference. Could it be a concerted FU to the league for this additional review of refereeing judgment?

Last night the NFL introduced us all to a new penalty "hands to the chest". When a defensive player pushes on the chest of the offensive player, if that offensive player looks up it's now a penalty. Just to be sure that the new rule was clear they made sure to call it twice.

I didn't have a dog in this fight was just enjoying a good game...the NFL has a problem.

Agree with all the comments about refs. Consistently horrible. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Agree with all the comments about refs. Consistently horrible. Embarrassing.
    Yep, and the egos of the officials (totally unwarranted BTW) has caused them to make a mockery of the new pass interference review rule. No autopsy, no foul, apparently.

Next to the officiating itself, the "experts" on officiating they regularly consult are completely clueless (as are the rest of us) as to what the call should be/will be. The concept was good: get an expert to state the rule, and the proper interpretation in each case. But the officiating is so wildly inconsistent and bizarre that these guys just bumble away, unable to predict anything accurately. Get them out of the broadcast and minimize the embarrassment.

I want to be clear that I am no fan of the Pats. I do not like Bill Belichick. But, it is pretty clear that he is just plain smarter than everyone else.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bill...e-jets-2019-10

Meanwhile, can someone explain to me how the Pats, who are always drafting at the end of the round and who have high priced stars locking up cap space, somehow have transitioned from having the best offense in football a few years ago to having the best defense in football now. I swear, it is like the rest of the league is playing checkers and Belichick is playing three-dimensional-chess.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?