Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    It’s funny, I’ve been to Skins away games, but never had tickets to RFK and would have gone. Now the Snyderskins are begging for fans and I have 0 interest in going.
    That's true...for many years, it was just about the toughest ticket to get in the NFL...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    That's true...for many years, it was just about the toughest ticket to get in the NFL...
    I heard some tickets were going for $4 outside the stadium.

For perhaps the only home win of the season!
    Last edited by BD80; 11-24-2019 at 06:15 PM.

I don't pay that much attention to the NFL, but the Woof Gods do. Heard Dak Prescott say before the game vs the Pats yesterday (when asked about the Pats' tough defense) "well, they haven't seen an offense like ours."
    Duly noted. (I wouldn't have minded seeing both of those teams lose, FWIW).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I don't pay that much attention to the NFL, but the Woof Gods do. Heard Dak Prescott say before the game vs the Pats yesterday (when asked about the Pats' tough defense) "well, they haven't seen an offense like ours."
    Duly noted. (I wouldn't have minded seeing both of those teams lose, FWIW).
    My two least favorite NFL teams. Wish they both could have lost.

49ers? Where Did They Come From?

Sorry to be late to this thread, but did anyone project the 49ers as a dominant team this year? Or even a good team?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Sorry to be late to this thread, but did anyone project the 49ers as a dominant team this year? Or even a good team?
    The NFL preseason rankings had them 24th

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...aints-lead-way
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Omg garret has got to go .
    We will be ok though we just picked up a ringer.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Omg garret has got to go .
    We will be ok though we just picked up a ringer.
    I must admit that, although I follow football, I understand none of this post except that Garrett must go.

But then, it is the Cowboys, so I just don't care. Just like most of America.

BD80, I take it you're never seen Napoleon Dynamite?

"Oh, man, if I could go back in time... we'd take State!"

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post

LOL
    Saw it, but it isn't one I committed to memory. I prefer the more "classic" insipid quotable comedies.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I must admit that, although I follow football, I understand none of this post except that Garrett must go.

https://youtu.be/xL-VX3WbA9U

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post

LOL
    Back in 82 i could throw a pigskin a quarter mile lol
    Last edited by wavedukefan70s; 11-30-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Saw it, but it isn't one I committed to memory. I prefer the more "classic" insipid quotable comedies.
    Your mistake. One of my favorite movies of the last 15 years.

Oh yeah? How much you wanna bet I can throw a football over them mountains?

Ha! Love it.

Deadskins smoking the “We’ve given up” Panthers. Snyder still in position to draft Tua who may never play again.

And just to egg you on a little.
    According to 247 sports.
    Legendary Dallas Cowboys head coach Tom Landry may have felt like the "America's Team" moniker put a target on his team's back, but it's a damn good assessment. The Cowboys are one of the richest, most-prestigious brands in all of sports, and have as much of a national fanbase as they do in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Cowboys fans spend money on their team and travel a lot, as they rank No. 1 in both fan and road equity. They also have a great digital presence, as they are No. 2 in social equity. While the Cowboys have not won a Super Bowl in the past two decades, their checkered history and marketing machine has ensured that the Cowboys will be kings of the hill among NFL brands for a very long time.

Most of America does care .lol

DC4L

So, a lot has been said lately about reseeding the playoffs in light of the incredibly bad NFC East. The NFL has said "yeah, we're not ever going to do that" which I think is fine, because winning your division should retain some value.

That said, what about just adding a rule that a team must have at least a .500 record to make the playoffs. If a division fails to produce a .500 team, pick a 3rd wildcard from one of the other divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    That said, what about just adding a rule that a team must have at least a .500 record to make the playoffs. If a division fails to produce a .500 team, pick a 3rd wildcard from one of the other divisions.
    I have not done all the math for it, but it is entirely possible that you could not have enough .500 teams to fill up the playoffs under that scenario. If intraleague was badly imbalanced in terms of wins and losses and there were a few dominant teams winning 13+ games in a conference, you could run out of .500 teams. I don't think the league would be willing to give up a playoff game and have an extra bye.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have not done all the math for it, but it is entirely possible that you could not have enough .500 teams to fill up the playoffs under that scenario. If intraleague was badly imbalanced in terms of wins and losses and there were a few dominant teams winning 13+ games in a conference, you could run out of .500 teams. I don't think the league would be willing to give up a playoff game and have an extra bye.
    Initial reaction: Statistically improbable

Preliminary final reaction: Probably statistically impossible

If I can run the numbers reasonably quickly I'll report back on whether I think it could happen or not. My gut feeling is you always have 6 .500+ teams in each conference. If it is even mathematically possible to have only 5 .500 teams, I would guess we are talking about <1% chance (like, multiple teams going undefeated or 15-1).

In the unlikely (maybe impossible) event that this happens: Then you take the sub-500 division winner. (Hint, you would never take the sub-500 division winner)