Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    After letting the CHeats off scot-free the NCAA knew that had to do something to salvage some semblances of pride, so they made proclamations of ensuring nothing like that would ever happen again. They had the Rice Commission play its role in suggesting reform, and even tried to pass the buck onto SACS in saying they should revisit the CHeats’ accreditation (as if that was ever going to happen). Now, enough time has passed that nobody in the general public cares anymore, so the NCAA is free to scrap whatever plans they claimed to have come up with.

^^^ Nailed it. Could not spork.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Several years ago I noticed several politicians becoming a bit reckless with their use of the word feckless. It turned out I wasn't the only one and articles like "Criticism grows of feckless politicians who use 'feckless' fecklessly" began popping up. I enjoyed them. This link has a political slant but hopefully y'all appreciate it given this.

I particularly like how the author describes John McCain as a "man of undoubted feck..." Not to be morbid, but it's in the running for my tombstone.
    I saw that portrayed on a episode of south park by eric cartman.
    Feck feckity feck feck.im not absolutely sure that was the word he was trying to pronounce though.

By the way, "Perpetual Feckless" is a pretty good generic name for a player on an opposing team that can't seem to do anything right. Like Larry Drew II (120 turnovers in 2010!) or Adam Boone.

Maybe it needs a middle initial: "Perpetual I. Feckless" or a middle name -- "Perpetual Lee Feckless."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    By the way, "Perpetual Feckless" is a pretty good generic name for a player on an opposing team that can't seem to do anything right. Like Larry Drew II (120 turnovers in 2010!) or Adam Boone.

Maybe it needs a middle initial: "Perpetual I. Feckless" or a middle name -- "Perpetual Lee Feckless."
    I had to look up the definition of feckless and an example of usage was to describe someone as "a feckless Mama's boy". I love it.

Beavis: "Heh heh...he said 'Feckless' heh heh"

Butthead: "Shut up, you tar heel"