New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

2019 Carolina Panthers

Sideshow.jpg

Just sayin.

Decent first showing tonight, can't wait to see Sideshow in action. Backups were all pretty shaky.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Did the Panthers Play tonight???
    All I ever saw was Cam Newton

Panthers’ 3rd string and cut candidates were better than the Bears’ 3rd string and cut candidates. Will need to wait a week or two to learn anything about the actual team.

I loathe pre-season games for so many reasons.

Well the rookie, Burns, looked great in limited time. Kid seems to have some serious burst. The new tackle (forgot his name already, maybe Little?) however had a rough game.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    I loathe pre-season games for so many reasons.
    I ignore pre-season games for many reasons.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I ignore pre-season games for many reasons.
    After months of nothing...I love them. Feel free to not pay attention to CTC and the exhibitions when Duke gets rolling on the BBall court.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    After months of nothing...I love them. Feel free to not pay attention to CTC and the exhibitions when Duke gets rolling on the BBall court.
    Same, I'm just ready to see pro football. Not sure what that has to do with CTC and exhibition games since the starters actually play and plenty of minutes at that.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Same, I'm just ready to see pro football. Not sure what that has to do with CTC and exhibition games since the starters actually play and plenty of minutes at that.
    That's true. Unless they are in Canada.

it was good to see some football, even pre-season...i'm not convinced Cam is back, and luke is one hit away from retirement...

I hate to be debby downer, but it's always the "state of the sinking feeling" around this time...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    it was good to see some football, even pre-season...i'm not convinced Cam is back, and luke is one hit away from retirement...

I hate to be debby downer, but it's always the "state of the sinking feeling" around this time...
    Yep. That dude has been beaten up a crazy amount. As much as I appreciate what he brings to the team on the field, I actually would feel better if he were to step away from the game for his own sake and that of his family. The science is not debatable as to the effects of the punishments on the human brain, and as many concussions as he has taken (that we know of), it just can't be a good outlook for his health in the long run.

Being a fan since the franchise originated has taught me one thing about the Panthers- they are the very translation of the “untrustworthy narrator” in fiction applied to sport.

So much potential, and yet often outcomes that defy expectations in both the win and loss column.

Tangential to the Panthers, if the NFL really wanted a better entertainment product (not just maximal revenue), they’d have no more than 2 preseason games (one home, one road) and the regular season would be home and home, division only.
    Additionally, figure out the right minimal protective (non weaponized) helmet that stops players from leading with the helmet.

Getting back on track, I would love to be wrong that the Panthers don’t make another Super Bowl with Cam. Feels like the franchise is stuck in exciting mediocrity. I also don’t support Tepper’s plan for a retractable roof stadium to get a Final Four on my tax dollars- let him play for that himself. (Yeah, right.)

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Tangential to the Panthers, if the NFL really wanted a better entertainment product (not just maximal revenue), they’d have no more than 2 preseason games (one home, one road) and the regular season would be home and home, division only.
    So, 8 regular season games? Yeah, not sure that is an ideal entertainment product. I do agree the preseason should be all but eliminated. I don't need to see the regular season expanded though (as some have advocated for). An extra bye week would be a good thing though. Rested and healthy players should be the league's goal.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, 8 regular season games? Yeah, not sure that is an ideal entertainment product. I do agree the preseason should be all but eliminated. I don't need to see the regular season expanded though (as some have advocated for). An extra bye week would be a good thing though. Rested and healthy players should be the league's goal.
    Maybe video makes my point moot in terms of scouting; the reasoning behind my statement was for there to be some element of mystery in the playoffs.