Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike4Fun View Post
    So I converted from my legacy TWarner package to Spectrum and got ACCN (Channel 388 in Durham), which saved me $36/mon. Happy about that. BUT now I learn there is ACC Network Extra which right now is carrying the Duke-UNC Women's soccer match. Apparently, I don't get ACCNX because that's not part of the Spectrum package. It's not a channel in their lineup and I can't stream it through ESPN (which I get from Spectrum).
    Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    ACCNX is supposed to go along with ACCN. It’s streaming only. There have been a lot of problems with ACCNX, going well beyond Spectrum. I’m getting ACCNX to some extent now but I can’t get the soccer game. It keeps telling me the game has yet to start even though it’s past time for it to start. Growing pains.
    Yeah, there are issues with the streaming component that supposedly ESPN is working with the carriers on. You'll be able to stream ACCNX once the kinks are worked out.

I received a call this morning from a Spectrum public relations guy who said he was going to have to have someone higher up call me tomorrow. This call was a result of my complaint to the FCC. Evidently they must follow up on all FCC complaints filed by customers. Please, everyone affected needs to file an FCC complaint ASAP. I plan on contacting my Public Utilities Commission and claim fraud.

Question

I have DirecTV and when I tried to tune in yesterday I got the error code that I don't have a subscription for the channel. I did a live chat with a customer service rep this afternoon, and he said that with the package I have, I should have access to the ACC network, and that he was going to refresh my authentication signal, and that I should do a hard reboot on my primary receiver, and that ACC network should appear.

So, what are the chances that this will actually happen?

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I have DirecTV and when I tried to tune in yesterday I got the error code that I don't have a subscription for the channel. I did a live chat with a customer service rep this afternoon, and he said that with the package I have, I should have access to the ACC network, and that he was going to refresh my authentication signal, and that I should do a hard reboot on my primary receiver, and that ACC network should appear.

You tell us after you finish the hard reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    You tell us after you finish the hard reboot.
    Hard reboot done. Three times. No results. No surprise.

After at least six calls spanning eight hours with DirecTV, they never fixed my very basic, easy problem(*), so I am sincerely wishing you the best of luck. Like many other providers, DirecTV is just swell when working properly, but good luck getting problems resolved. They obviously have some glitches in their system that the basic phalanx of reps and supervisors just can't fix...I did get a big temporary discount out of them for my troubles, but still the basic problem exists..

* after years of successfully doing so, I can no longer buy pay per view movies with a click...I get a message to call them, whereupon they (repeatedly) tell me I "have exceeded my monthly quota of 200 movies" when in fact I have watched no movies whatsoever...and of course my billing history verifies this. The Tyranny of Bad Software...they have been utterly clueless.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Hard reboot done. Three times. No results. No surprise.
    Have you tried streaming through WatchESPN? If it is indeed in your package, it should work, right?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Have you tried streaming through WatchESPN? If it is indeed in your package, it should work, right?
    Except that streaming through WatchESPN appears to be not working for a large number of people who do have the channel available on TV yet (unless that issue has been resolved).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    FWIW, I called tonight and was told that even though they aren't adding it to my legacy package, that it should work via the app. I know that contradicts the article - I pointed this out and was still told that it should work. They've apparently gotten a ton of calls today.

But...attempts via the app indicate that Spectrum and ESPN still have their wires crossed and that ACCN(X) is unavailable for everyone regardless of your plan.
    Now that the kinks have been worked out...this was indeed misinformation. I fall into the same bucket as the folks in Syracuse (see article on front page) and the poster from Western NC who left a comment. $30/month more to get ACCN, though they did eventually offer me a promotional deal of only $15/month more for 12 months. Sigh...

^ that sounds VERY steep...

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Except that streaming through WatchESPN appears to be not working for a large number of people who do have the channel available on TV yet (unless that issue has been resolved).
    The issue has not been resolved for me. I have ACC Network on my TV (Verizon FIOS Channel 829) but when I attempt to access on WatchESPN I get an Unauthorized User error.

Frustrating.
    Bob Green

I'm a legacy TW subscriber with a fantastic plan that has been grandfathered in. Spectrum will not allow me to simply switch my cable package w/o making me switch my whole package - phone, cable & internet. I don't want to switch b/c the internet portion of my package is so sweet that going to a comparable Spectrum plan would cost me ~ $54 dollars more per month. My neighborhood is in a rare situation where Google Fiber, AT&T Fiber & Spectrum all operate. B/c TW didn't want to lose me, I have a rate guarantee for another 19 months... and have near fiber speeds with my package.

Why would I want to switch?

I can stream ACC Network now. It magically started working at some point today.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by g4orce View Post
    I'm a legacy TW subscriber with a fantastic plan that has been grandfathered in. Spectrum will not allow me to simply switch my cable package w/o making me switch my whole package - phone, cable & internet. I don't want to switch b/c the internet portion of my package is so sweet that going to a comparable Spectrum plan would cost me ~ $54 dollars more per month. My neighborhood is in a rare situation where Google Fiber, AT&T Fiber & Spectrum all operate. B/c TW didn't want to lose me, I have a rate guarantee for another 19 months... and have near fiber speeds with my package.

Why would I want to switch?
    There is a good reason why cable companies are perpetually rated poorly among consumers...often the least respected corporations they deal with...

https://www.consumerreports.org/phon...elecom-survey/

"The issue has not been resolved for me. I have ACC Network on my TV (Verizon FIOS Channel 829) but when I attempt to access on WatchESPN I get an Unauthorized User error."
    Bob, I have the same setup but I CAN access ACCN on WatchESPN. But the only content is live so far. At first I got an error but it was different from yours. Mine was " Not authorized to receive this content".

Confirming misinformation given to BD2K

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    Now that the kinks have been worked out...this was indeed misinformation. I fall into the same bucket as the folks in Syracuse (see article on front page) and the poster from Western NC who left a comment. $30/month more to get ACCN, though they did eventually offer me a promotional deal of only $15/month more for 12 months. Sigh...
    I also am a "legacy TWC" Spectrum customer, and WatchESPN tells me that ACCN is not included in my Spectrum TV subscription.

On a side note, I spoke with a Spectrum representative yesterday who initially told me my area was not scheduled to received the ACCN until September 6, so apparently not all subscribers were set to receive the channel when it launched. I don't live in a typical location, though, so the delay could be unique to my market. Regardless, legacy TWC customers here still can't get the ACCN without switching to a Spectrum package.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    Bob, I have the same setup but I CAN access ACCN on WatchESPN.
    My streaming issue is now resolved.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I DVR games. I DVR everything. No commercials. No needing 20 minutes to actually play the last 54 seconds of a game.

I DVR games. I DVR everything. No commercials. No needing 20 minutes to actually play the last 54 seconds of a game.
    My friend insists on doing this, I won't go to his place to watch games anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ^ that sounds VERY steep...
    Yeah, I did not take them up on their offer. Looks like I'm far from the only one in this situation...