Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    I am a pretty relaxed guy. I almost never get upset with service reps.
    Getting upset with customer reps is my default mode.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Just leave Swofford a voicemail. He’ll fix it for you- it’s his baby🤪.
    I filed an on line complaint with the FCC.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Getting upset with customer reps is my default mode.
    I preface my tirade with "I understand that you are only doing your job, and likely have no control, but..." #&#*@(!*&#!!!!!!!

Those poor folks. (Also, huge kudos to those that tolerate my tirade AND are able to do something.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I received a reply from the FCC that they will be forwarding my complaint to Spectrum and keeping me up to date. I think everyone affected as a legacy customer should file a complaint with the FCC. Probably won’t do any good, but it makes me feel a little better knowing I have irritated Spectrum somehow.

So what is the bottom line here? I have xfinity/Comcast. It seems I won’t have access to the ACCN. I won’t pay extra for it above and beyond my Comcast costs UNLESS it means I will miss Duke BBall for the season.

Is there a program listing already published that will give me an idea of what programming I will be missing without ACCN?

I just read this in an Atlanta Journal-Constitution article:

What about streaming services?

YouTube TV, Hulu LIVE TVand PlayStation Vue are all linked. (Search ACC Network for listings.) Games also be available on the ESPN app to authenticated cable subscribers.
    Is this true? So I can stream it on my phone or laptop and throw it up onto my TV?

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    So what is the bottom line here? I have xfinity/Comcast. It seems I won’t have access to the ACCN. I won’t pay extra for it above and beyond my Comcast costs UNLESS it means I will miss Duke BBall for the season.

Is there a program listing already published that will give me an idea of what programming I will be missing without ACCN?
    No, but it won't be much(missing Duke games)..remember (and much has been written about this): ESPN has an ownership stake in the ACCN but also has paid a megabundle for ESPN to broadcast games, so you can be assured that they will want all of the top games, and the vast majority of Duke games, to appear on one of the ESPN channels.

Is this true? So I can stream it on my phone or laptop and throw it up onto my TV?
    Theoretically but I'm not sure because I have ACC Network on my TV (Verizon FIOS Channel 829) and when I try to access it on my laptop an "Unauthorized User error" pops up. It appears ESPN, ACC Network and the various cable services are not yet in sync. How long before they are?
    Bob Green

I just read this in an Atlanta Journal-Constitution article:

I have PS Vue and am watching it on my iPhone. I assume I could mirror it to my AppleTV if I wanted to but have not tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Theoretically but I'm not sure because I have ACC Network on my TV (Verizon FIOS Channel 829) and when I try to access it on my laptop an "Unauthorized User error" pops up. It appears ESPN, ACC Network and the various cable services are not yet in sync. How long before they are?
    This was meant to be rhetorical, right?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    It’s working for me this afternoon. It wasn’t working before today.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I preface my tirade with "I understand that you are only doing your job, and likely have no control, but..." #&#*@(!*&#!!!!!!!

Those poor folks. (Also, huge kudos to those that tolerate my tirade AND are able to do something.)
    If I know tempers will flare, I kindly ask the first rep if I can speak to a supervisor. They will ask why and I inform them I do not want to raise my voice with you as it’s not your fault. I would like to do it to a higher up. I then ask the next person and if they claim there is no other supervisor I ask for the manager and tell them why. It’s the manger that gets the brunt of my ire. Every once in awhile the first rep goes above and beyond and can fix the problem. I then ask for the survey.

In this case no one at Spectrum can help. Search of ACC Network point me to the Big Ten Network.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    As much as I had hoped (and had been given optimism for), ACCN is still not a part of DirectTV/AT&T's streaming service.
    I'm becoming less convinced this is the fault of the carrier, but am squarely putting the blame on ACCN.

Think about it. If you go to getaccn.com, it basically says "if you don't see us listed, then ask your carrier to have us included." So, they have done such a weak job of getting themselves up and running that it is not their fault that we can't watch, but ours! Because we didn't do their job well enough and ask for their channel to be included. (Even though ACCN has had months and months to make this happen on their own.)

That's some serious marketing chutzpah.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

As much as I had hoped (and had been given optimism for), ACCN is still not a part of DirectTV/AT&T's streaming service.
    I'm becoming less convinced this is the fault of the carrier, but am squarely putting the blame on ACCN.

Think about it. If you go to getaccn.com, it basically says "if you don't see us listed, then ask your carrier to have us included." So, they have done such a weak job of getting themselves up and running that it is not their fault that we can't watch, but ours! Because we didn't do their job well enough and ask for their channel to be included. (Even though ACCN has had months and months to make this happen on their own.)

That's some serious marketing chutzpah.
    That's not how I read this...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    That's not how I read this...
    DON’T SEE YOUR TV PROVIDER?

Contact them today to demand they carry ACCN.
    Or, sign up today by clicking on a provider above.
    It's how I read it. They are asking me to do their marketing job. Pretty clearly.

It's how I read it. They are asking me to do their marketing job. Pretty clearly.
    This is how it goes with literally every channel/carriage negotiation though. Not anything unique to the ACCN.

That's a very cynical view, and one that is formed without knowing how these deals normally happen. This is nothing unique to the ACCN....

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    That's a very cynical view, and one that is formed without knowing how these deals normally happen. This is nothing unique to the ACCN...
    I never claimed to know. I am merely expressing my outsider's opinion.

ACC Network Extra

So I converted from my legacy TWarner package to Spectrum and got ACCN (Channel 388 in Durham), which saved me $36/mon. Happy about that. BUT now I learn there is ACC Network Extra which right now is carrying the Duke-UNC Women's soccer match. Apparently, I don't get ACCNX because that's not part of the Spectrum package. It's not a channel in their lineup and I can't stream it through ESPN (which I get from Spectrum).

Quote Originally Posted by Bike4Fun View Post
    So I converted from my legacy TWarner package to Spectrum and got ACCN (Channel 388 in Durham), which saved me $36/mon. Happy about that. BUT now I learn there is ACC Network Extra which right now is carrying the Duke-UNC Women's soccer match. Apparently, I don't get ACCNX because that's not part of the Spectrum package. It's not a channel in their lineup and I can't stream it through ESPN (which I get from Spectrum).
    ACCNX is supposed to go along with ACCN. It’s streaming only. There have been a lot of problems with ACCNX, going well beyond Spectrum. I’m getting ACCNX to some extent now but I can’t get the soccer game. It keeps telling me the game has yet to start even though it’s past time for it to start. Growing pains.