Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    If you're a Spectrum customer and wondering why you can't get ACCN, you need to read this article from the N&O. This issue is affecting millions of people.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Since Ferry and King weren’t in the class that saved K, they didn’t do much talking. Was glad to see the others included though.
    That theory might work, except that Quinn Snyder did a lot of talking that made it on air...and Henderson had more air time - to my eye - than Alarie or Dawkins - who were the two best players.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Not showing for me right now. The nice dude in The Philippines told me that I should have it but it’s out in my region right now. Call back tomorrow if it isn’t showing.
    Update...
    My wife spoke with someone from the Philippines (I'm not trying to be rude or funny, but the DirecTV people openly say they are in the Philippines and I find that refreshing) for 45 minutes today. Turns out that we have been customers so long that the sports package now has a different name. The package was never updated on my account, so when the new package got the ACC Network at 7:00 eastern, my system did not receive the update. They weren't able to just change the name on my system to the current name for some reason, so they had to manually add channel 612. I'm guessing this is going to cause a ton of problems later; but for now, I'm good.

Update...
    My wife spoke with someone from the Philippines (I'm not trying to be rude or funny, but the DirecTV people openly say they are in the Philippines and I find that refreshing) for 45 minutes today. Turns out that we have been customers so long that the sports package now has a different name. The package was never updated on my account, so when the new package got the ACC Network at 7:00 eastern, my system did not receive the update. They weren't able to just change the name on my system to the current name for some reason, so they had to manually add channel 612. I'm guessing this is going to cause a ton of problems later; but for now, I'm good.
    I'm...surprised they could do that, let alone that they would​. A long time to be on the phone with support, but that's decent service.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I'm...surprised they could do that, let alone that they would​. A long time to be on the phone with support, but that's decent service.
    While I am not a DTV subscriber anymore (went with their streaming service) I never had a bad experience with DTV support. It might have taken a while, but my calls were always resolved in a good manner. That was one of the reasons that I stuck with the full service for as long as I did.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Complaints: FIOS won't let me add the ACCN as a favorite channel ; WatchESPN won't permit me access to content;
    In the 5 greatest moments in ACC history, ND ending of UCLA winning streak was included. We are going to get a lot of non ACC content on the network.

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    Complaints: FIOS won't let me add the ACCN as a favorite channel ; WatchESPN won't permit me access to content;
    In the 5 greatest moments in ACC history, ND ending of UCLA winning streak was included. We are going to get a lot of non ACC content on the network.
    Be glad you didn’t watch the opening segment last night (I got sucked in). Two sports experts picked the 5 “greatest” ACC moments and one guy picked ND ending the UCLA streak. This guy didn’t have a Duke b-ball moment listed; but both experts had the Cheats women soccer domination in their top 5.

Ok overall since Laettner was interviewed and had glowing words for his time at Duke.

Be glad you didn’t watch the opening segment last night (I got sucked in). Two sports experts picked the 5 “greatest” ACC moments and one guy picked ND ending the UCLA streak. This guy didn’t have a Duke b-ball moment listed; but both experts had the Cheats women soccer domination in their top 5.

Ok overall since Laettner was interviewed and had glowing words for his time at Duke.
    Laettner's shot v Kentucky is the greatest ACC moment period...

Quote Originally Posted by WV_Iron_Duke View Post
    Complaints: WatchESPN won't permit me access to content;
    I have the same issue. An "Unauthorized User error" comes up when I try. Frustrating.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    If you're a Spectrum customer and wondering why you can't get ACCN, you need to read this article from the N&O. This issue is affecting millions of people.
    Yep, I am a former Time Werner customer and now a legacy at Spectrum. After a fairly lengthy phone conversation I said to hell with it and decided to not change. It is not as easy as it sounds. Includes e mail provider changes, an equipment change and what “could be” a two or three day wait. But I still pay Spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    Yep, I am a former Time Werner customer and now a legacy at Spectrum. After a fairly lengthy phone conversation I said to hell with it and decided to not change. It is not as easy as it sounds. Includes e mail provider changes, an equipment change and what “could be” a two or three day wait. But I still pay Spectrum.
    Just leave Swofford a voicemail. He’ll fix it for you- it’s his baby🤪.

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    I transitioned from TWC to Spectrum months ago for different reasons. The silver tier that I have is supposed to get ACC Network. It doesn't show up on my guide yet. During my call to them, they indicated that all Spectrum areas should have ACC Network by September 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby91 View Post
    I transitioned from TWC to Spectrum months ago for different reasons. The silver tier that I have is supposed to get ACC Network. It doesn't show up on my guide yet. During my call to them, they indicated that all Spectrum areas should have ACC Network by September 6th.

Yep, when I first called I was told Ohio would start September 6th. Wait, she said. You are a legacy customer and can not get it even then unless you change. Called again the next day——

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    FWIW, I called tonight and was told that even though they aren't adding it to my legacy package, that it should work via the app. I know that contradicts the article - I pointed this out and was still told that it should work. They've apparently gotten a ton of calls today.

But...attempts via the app indicate that Spectrum and ESPN still have their wires crossed and that ACCN(X) is unavailable for everyone regardless of your plan.

Here in Orlando on Spectrum cable, I'm receiving the ACC Network on my TV, but cannot access it via the app on my phone or through the website on my laptop. On my phone app, the ACC Network doesn't show up at all. On my laptop, the ACC Network appears as Channel 90 in the Guide, but when I clicked on it to watch last night, I got a message saying that the channel is not included in my package -- which is clearly wrong -- and I can upgrade to add it by calling a specified phone number. When I called that number, the representative with whom I spoke was completely clueless; after hemming and hawing and mostly humming to herself for several minutes while supposedly checking into the issue, she informed me that I would need to watch the ACC Network on the separate ESPN app. Unable to access the channel using the ESPN app, I was then able to connect with someone else at Spectrum through an online chat, and was told by this representative that the new channel should be available on the app in about 48 hours. Now, a day later, when I click on the channel from the Guide list, the only options it provides are to record the program or watch it on my TV -- I can't watch it on the laptop. So we'll see tomorrow whether they fix the glitch. In any event, I'm glad that I can watch the ACC Network programming on TV, and remain hopeful that they'll soon resolve the issues to make it accessible online.

Yeah, the Notre Dame so-called top 5 greatest ACC moment happened in 1974, and they joined the conference in 2013. What a ridiculous claim.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    While I am not a DTV subscriber anymore (went with their streaming service) I never had a bad experience with DTV support. It might have taken a while, but my calls were always resolved in a good manner. That was one of the reasons that I stuck with the full service for as long as I did.
    Second update. I received an email today from DirectTV thanking me for adding a premium package for the low price of $13.99/month. We called back again and they said that we did not have the correct package before. We had the sports package for probably 15 years now. The package I have is so old that they changed the name and mine won’t get updated with the new channel. They removed ACC network because we refused to pay for the new channel. By the way, my package is more expensive and has more channels than the one that they say includes the ACC Network. This customer service is not new to me. DirectTV has been awful for us but we keep it because it shows the most Duke sports out here.

Second update. I received an email today from DirectTV thanking me for adding a premium package for the low price of $13.99/month. We called back again and they said that we did not have the correct package before. We had the sports package for probably 15 years now. The package I have is so old that they changed the name and mine won’t get updated with the new channel. They removed ACC network because we refused to pay for the new channel. By the way, my package is more expensive and has more channels than the one that they say includes the ACC Network. This customer service is not new to me. DirectTV has been awful for us but we keep it because it shows the most Duke sports out here.
    Yes, DirecTV is great when it's working fine...but I've had an issue for several months now that 6-8 phone calls can't resolve...they admit it's an issue but I've yet to find anyone competent enough there to fix it...as a result they've given me a price break for six months...the issue itself is almost laughable: after years of being able to order pay per view movies from them, I can no longer do so...every time I click on a movie, I get a message saying I have to call them.
    When I call, they (this is almost too absurd to relate) tell me that their system won't let me order a movie because "I've already exceeded my monthly allotment of 200 (two hundred) movies," though I haven't watched ANY movies, as they can easily see when they look at my account. Another example of The Tyranny of Bad Software, and they just can't fix it. So if some people are having trouble getting the ACCN thru them, color me a blue shade of unsurprised.

I am a pretty relaxed guy. I almost never get upset with service reps. However, in 2002 I went insane on someone at directv. I was living in Michigan. The Duke schedule came out and Duke would be playing Maryland on CBS. This was a potential 1 vs 2 match up. I checked ahead and noticed that Michigan was playing Michigan State at the same time on CBS. So I called DirectTV and asked them if the college basketball package would give me the Duke game. I explained to them that it was a cbs game and they assured me if I bought the $199 college basketball package that I would get the Duke game. Game day comes around and no Duke game. I called up and the rep told me, “it’s a CBS game and it’s regional.” I explained to him that I asked that before and was assured I would get it. He was less than understanding. I asked for my money back and he refused. I went off on them. Final result; they did not give me my money back.

Glad to see my PS VUE has added the channel!