Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 290
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Here in Orlando, on Spectrum cable, the ACC Network is now telecasting on Channels 90 and 1187; but the only content running currently is a series of looping promotional videos, and the guide that shows future programming simply says "Data Not Available."
    ACC Network is scheduled to go live at 7 pm.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    I can confirm that my DirecTV guide is showing ACCN on channel 612. I can also confirm that as of now, it is saying that I need the premium Sports Pack which is unlike Big Ten and SEC networks. Interesting.
    Ah, that's so strange. I have DirecTV, and as of moments ago, there is no channel 612 for me at all, could not find any ACCN listing...maybe by 7pm? I see the Big Ten and SEC networks (as usual)...

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    I can confirm that my DirecTV guide is showing ACCN on channel 612. I can also confirm that as of now, it is saying that I need the premium Sports Pack which is unlike Big Ten and SEC networks. Interesting.
    I live in the New Orleans area and as of now my Directv channel guide shows nothing for Channel 612. However, I " chatted" with a Directv customer rep who told me that I should begin receiving ACCN on Channel 612 beginning at 6:00 PM central time tonight. Apparently, to receive that channel you have to subscribe to either their CHOICE, XTRA, ULTIMATE, or PREMIER package, which include the "regional sports package".

    Assuming I am ultimately able to receive channel 612, I will keep my fingers crossed that I will be able to watch Duke games. The regional sports package also includes the FOX sports channels, and 90% of the time the Duke games are "blacked out in my area" due to "contractual considerations", even though Duke is over a thousand miles away and the games are sold-out. Apparently, Directv is unwilling to pay FOX for Duke games in my area, even though by paying for the extra package, I was led to believe that I would be able to watch the Duke games on the FOX sports channels.

    Pardon me for venting, but I have been extremely unhappy with Directv on numerous occasions.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by 60sDukie View Post
    I still donít see channel 612 in directv online guide. Does anyone else not see it yet? I just donít trust Directv not to have screwed something up.
    Same here, although fwiw I'm in Wisconsin. Expecting the worst. I subscribe to sportspack, or whatever they call it.

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mary's Place
    Was in Pittsburgh last weekend and people are just as confused whether or not they'll be able to see Pitt's games. Uncle Turk is blaming the ACC network for a ridiculous 11AM kickoff time for Pitt's cannon fodder game with Ohio. "What are they thinking? That's prime tailgating time!!" He got so fed up with the ambiguity of football schedules that he chose not to re-up his season tix for the first time in 30+ years, and don't get him started on Thursday night games. (On the other hand, his yard is immaculate).

    I also happened to catch some nonsense on the Worldwide Leader plugging the ACCN, where they showed the "greatest" ACC football team, regardless of whether the school was actually in the conference at the time. So they listed Dan Marino at QB, Jim Brown and Tony Dorsett at RB, etc etc etc. That's just wrong on so many levels. Of the 22 players on offense / defense, I think the only two players from the "original" ACC were on defense (Peppers and LT), and yes, I'm excluding The U and F$U because I said so.

    It will be interesting to see how deep the ACCN will have to dig into the "wayback machine" in order to fill all that air time. "Wait, I'm paying cash money to see the Boston College 1973 football season highlights?!?" "Oh yeah, I can't wait to watch a rerun of the Clemson spring football game for the fourth time. I'm all in - get out the chips and Bud Lite! Dilly dilly!"

    How many days until basketball season? I don't think I'm going to make it...
    "Quality is not an option!"

  6. #86
    We've "cut the cable" and are now using YouTube TV for our streaming service. It's showing on our schedule that the ACC Network is being offered and I'm going to record the shows tonight. I hope this is true! I don't know if it is part of the ESPN package - we get ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN-U, and ESPN News - but the ACC Network is showing up on the schedule with the various ESPN stations.

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Bingo! I got it! God knows what it is costing me.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Bingo! I got it! God knows what it is costing me.
    I got it for ďfreeĒ for now.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    ACC Network is on my TV.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Correct side of the Durham/CH border
    Channel is listed but content unavailable on Sling. They say theyíre working with Disney on it. Uh huh. This may be the end of the road for me and Sling...
    ďCoach said no 3s.Ē - Zion on The Block

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Supposedly AT&T tv NOW (just renamed from DirectTV NOW last week) is carrying it, but they have not added it to their channel list yet. Thankfully, I only care when I actually need to see a Duke game, so they've got a few weeks to get it right.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  12. #92
    Not showing for me right now. The nice dude in The Philippines told me that I should have it but itís out in my region right now. Call back tomorrow if it isnít showing.

  13. #93
    Reception on Directv 612 in Durham was excellent tonight

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lewisville, NC
    To be fair, not only did the ACC Network magically appear on my TV at 7:00 PM on channel 612 of DirecTV, the features on the 1986 Duke basketball team were outstanding.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBD View Post
    I live in the New Orleans area and as of now my Directv channel guide shows nothing for Channel 612. However, I " chatted" with a Directv customer rep who told me that I should begin receiving ACCN on Channel 612 beginning at 6:00 PM central time tonight. Apparently, to receive that channel you have to subscribe to either their CHOICE, XTRA, ULTIMATE, or PREMIER package, which include the "regional sports package".

    Assuming I am ultimately able to receive channel 612, I will keep my fingers crossed that I will be able to watch Duke games. The regional sports package also includes the FOX sports channels, and 90% of the time the Duke games are "blacked out in my area" due to "contractual considerations", even though Duke is over a thousand miles away and the games are sold-out. Apparently, Directv is unwilling to pay FOX for Duke games in my area, even though by paying for the extra package, I was led to believe that I would be able to watch the Duke games on the FOX sports channels.

    Pardon me for venting, but I have been extremely unhappy with Directv on numerous occasions.
    UPDATE: I have had ATT & Directv service (tv, internet, home phone line, and wireless (3 phones) for over 10 years. My monthly bill approaches $500. I have the Directv XTRA package which includes a "regional sports package" with which I get the Big Ten (610) and SEC (611) and various FOX Sports channels at no additional charge. When I tried to pull up the ACCN channel (612), I got a message that I was not subscribed to that channel, but the problem might be solved by rebooting my receiver. I rebooted and got the same message, suggesting that I call customer service with error code 721. The customer service representative said he saw no reason why I was not getting channel 612, and that he could help me. After about 20 minutes and rebooting my receiver a couple of times he pulled up channel 612. In his closing summation, he mentioned that he had added a "Premium Sports Package". When I asked if there was any additional charge, he said that the Premium package would be an additional $13.95/month, but he could give me a $5.00 credit for 3 months. When I balked at that, he referred me to the "Loyalty Department" which after being put on hold several times agreed to give me a "break" by giving me a one-time credit of $70.00. Some break! While i can now get Big Ten and SEC network games at no additional charge, I now have to pay a net of approximately $8.33/month for the first year and $13.95/month after that for ACCN, and the Directv representative could not guarantee that Duke games would not be blacked out in Louisiana. I continue to be very unhappy with Directv and will be looking for other providers.

    Duke previously had a recruiting advantage in that more Duke basketball games were broadcast on television at no additional charge than any other school. Now families and friends of recruits will have to pay to see many of those games.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    To be fair, not only did the ACC Network magically appear on my TV at 7:00 PM on channel 612 of DirecTV, the features on the 1986 Duke basketball team were outstanding.
    I thoroughly enjoyed the show and even Bilasí presence didnít bother me. Didnít know why Jackman transferred, now I get it.

    For me, the only unanswered question was Weldon Williams PT. When I saw him play cleanup minutes, I thought he was much better than the scrubs. I recall he was an engineering major and maybe didnít focus on b-ball as much, but was there more to this? He seemed pleased to be part of the show and group last night, guess no hard feelings.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the show and even Bilasí presence didnít bother me. Didnít know why Jackman transferred, now I get it.

    For me, the only unanswered question was Weldon Williams PT. When I saw him play cleanup minutes, I thought he was much better than the scrubs. I recall he was an engineering major and maybe didnít focus on b-ball as much, but was there more to this? He seemed pleased to be part of the show and group last night, guess no hard feelings.
    I missed the first 35 minutes or so, but what struck me is how many sound bytes they played from David Henderson and how few comments from Danny Ferry and Billy King got on air. And it's still too soon to think about the Louisville game. It always will be. That was the saddest I've ever been after a Duke loss.
    Don't waste your time on House of Cards S6!
    -We found out Frank was critical to making anyone else in the show interesting...not a surprise...

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    To be fair, not only did the ACC Network magically appear on my TV at 7:00 PM on channel 612 of DirecTV, the features on the 1986 Duke basketball team were outstanding.
    Me too, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the piece was (I only watched part of it, recorded the rest)...evidently my Choice package from DirecTV qualifies me to get ACCN without extra charge...(it ought to be, I pay those guys way too much each month)

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    pretty good NY Times article here from yesterday...they mention the balancing act required, i.e. ESPN is paying $240 million over the next 20 years for ACC games, so they'll want to get the best ones (duh) on ESPN or ABC...yet they have to feed ACCN something to make it relevant...

    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/22/s...work-espn.html

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I missed the first 35 minutes or so, but what struck me is how many sound bytes they played from David Henderson and how few comments from Danny Ferry and Billy King got on air. And it's still too soon to think about the Louisville game. It always will be. That was the saddest I've ever been after a Duke loss.
    Since Ferry and King werenít in the class that saved K, they didnít do much talking. Was glad to see the others included though.

Similar Threads

  1. How to watch Duke games after cutting the cord?
    By FerryFor50 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 08:25 PM
  2. How/where to watch Duke games in Toronto
    By just a lemma in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM
  3. HS all-star games to watch
    By dgoore97 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 09:24 AM
  4. Watch the games online free
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-20-2009, 09:08 PM
  5. Where/how to watch games in London?
    By dairedevil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •