Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I found the ACCN at channel 388 in the Spectrum program guide this morning! Actual listings begin Thursday at 7:00 pm. LGD GTHc!
    Across North Carolina? Also, I’m similar to Mr. Green and will not pay any more for sports programming. I have ESPN, deuce and U along with FS1 and FS2. Wonder if my Spectrum package will include? If not, guess I’ll miss some games.

I found the ACCN at channel 388 in the Spectrum program guide this morning! Actual listings begin Thursday at 7:00 pm. LGD GTHc!
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Across North Carolina? Also, I’m similar to Mr. Green and will not pay any more for sports programming. I have ESPN, deuce and U along with FS1 and FS2. Wonder if my Spectrum package will include? If not, guess I’ll miss some games.
    Probably, but check your program guide. We already have their sports package (MLB - 306 and the Tennis Channel - 406 are a must in this household!). Don't know what'll be standard and what'll be extra, but c'mon, you know you're gonna sign up! This is no time to pinch pennies!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm on the same page, I get several sports packages and enough is enough. If I miss that Clemson vs Va Tech horseshoes match, I'll catch it when it comes out on video...

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Disappointed

I cord-cut for a reason. Disappointed in the lack of imagination from the ACC officials. This was a chance to be innovative and forward thinking but alas it is just a pure money grab. and a poorly orchestrated one at that. you would think someone in a suit involved in the money grab would have asked if it is a prudent business decision to drive away viewership when sports viewership in general are on a prolonged downward trend. At 47, I am only interested in Duke basketball and football. With moves like this i feel one step closer to being done all together. I'll watch the ACCN games I want in a bar but i will not support the money grab on principal alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilHorse View Post
    Found ACCN now appearing in the roll on Channel 248 of Optimum Cablevision in Central NJ. No programming is listed; "NO DATA" listed through all of Thursday. Next to the SEC and BTN networks; logical choice.

Larry
    DevilHorse
    Programming is available remotely on the DVR.
    7-9 "All ACC" (whatever that is),
    9-10:30 "The Class That Saved Coach K" (no doubt gym class),
    10:30-11 "An Evening With The Class That Saved Coach K" (sounds like the Class of 1986 Road Table, with roll call),
    11-11:30 "The Huddle" (Introducing the ACC Channel),
    rinse and repeat until the ACC Championship Game with Clemson and GT.

Larry
    DevilHorse

ACC Network will be Channel 829 on Verizon Fios. I'm anxiously awaiting 7 pm tomorrow to see whether or not it is included in my current package.
    Bob Green

Probably, but check your program guide. We already have their sports package (MLB - 306 and the Tennis Channel - 406 are a must in this household!). Don't know what'll be standard and what'll be extra, but c'mon, you know you're gonna sign up! This is no time to pinch pennies!
    I may fold later and pay more if they schedule Duke b-ball/football on this decrepit, bag lady network; but if I do that, I will hate myself in the morning😖.

If on Verizon Fios : go to the programming schedule then Filter by subscribed channels and it should come up at ch 829 if you are going to get it. I am Ultimate HD and get Olympic ch 591 and Red Zone so will certainly get ch 829.

I understand directv customers/subscribers/suckers may/may not/ allegedly will find aacn on ch. 612. Nothing in program guide to confirm as of two minutes ago. Just spoke with someone in acc office. She could not tell me where to find acc on dtv.
    Preposterous.

Just turned on Spectrum 388 and it’s on a repeated minute or so roll showing the sports and ACC logos to “spellbinding” music. Of course, take a wild guess as to which Logo shows up 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    I understand directv customers/subscribers/suckers may/may not/ allegedly will find aacn on ch. 612. Nothing in program guide to confirm as of two minutes ago. Just spoke with someone in acc office. She could not tell me where to find acc on dtv.
    Preposterous.
    as of 7 a.m. still nothing on direcTV, just have to wait til this evening i guess

Watch out if you are a former Time Warner Cable customer (TWC). I am a Spectrum customer who used to be a TWC customer before Spectrum bought out TWC. When I looked at channel 388 last night, I did not see a colorful ACC graphics display. What I saw was a black and white screen saying that if I wanted ACCN that I had to call Spectrum. When I called Spectrum, it took the clueless operator, who had never heard of ACCN, about a half hour to figure out what the problems was. It turned out that I had a "legacy TWC" plan and their system doesn't allow the addition of channels to a legacy plan. I had to switch to a Spectrum plan. When I asked how much more it would cost, there was a delay of a few minutes before I was told it would cost about $20 a month less. I made the switch and the black and white screen turned into the colorful ACC graphics. I've since read online accounts from other people who have had a similar experience with Spectrum. If Spectrum doesn't figure out a way to automatically add ACCN for customers with legacy plans, their operators will be deluged over the next few weeks.

Per NYT... https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/22/s...work-espn.html

“Barring any last-minute agreements — and in carriage negotiations, there are often last minute agreements — the ACC Network will be carried at launch by DirecTV, Verizon, Charter and Optimum, as well as a host of smaller companies and digital upstarts. It will not be carried by Comcast, AT&T, Dish or Cox.”

Still have a few months before any real basketball action is on.

Here in Orlando, on Spectrum cable, the ACC Network is now telecasting on Channels 90 and 1187; but the only content running currently is a series of looping promotional videos, and the guide that shows future programming simply says "Data Not Available."

Spectrum/TWC

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Watch out if you are a former Time Warner Cable customer (TWC). I am a Spectrum customer who used to be a TWC customer before Spectrum bought out TWC. When I looked at channel 388 last night, I did not see a colorful ACC graphics display. What I saw was a black and white screen saying that if I wanted ACCN that I had to call Spectrum. When I called Spectrum, it took the clueless operator, who had never heard of ACCN, about a half hour to figure out what the problems was. It turned out that I had a "legacy TWC" plan and their system doesn't allow the addition of channels to a legacy plan. I had to switch to a Spectrum plan. When I asked how much more it would cost, there was a delay of a few minutes before I was told it would cost about $20 a month less. I made the switch and the black and white screen turned into the colorful ACC graphics. I've since read online accounts from other people who have had a similar experience with Spectrum. If Spectrum doesn't figure out a way to automatically add ACCN for customers with legacy plans, their operators will be deluged over the next few weeks.
    I've been running into a similar problem, and I was guessing that the root cause was the legacy TWC plans. I haven't seen similar online accounts - where did you see them?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Here in Orlando, on Spectrum cable, the ACC Network is now telecasting on Channels 90 and 1187; but the only content running currently is a series of looping promotional videos, and the guide that shows future programming simply says "Data Not Available."
    Thanks for the info Stray . I am also a Bright House/Spectrum/Charter customer in the Orlando area and I was searching for the channel last night. I couldn't find it or any online mention of what the number would be. Hopefully it will be on my cable box when I get home tonight.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    I cord-cut for a reason. Disappointed in the lack of imagination from the ACC officials. This was a chance to be innovative and forward thinking but alas it is just a pure money grab. and a poorly orchestrated one at that. you would think someone in a suit involved in the money grab would have asked if it is a prudent business decision to drive away viewership when sports viewership in general are on a prolonged downward trend. At 47, I am only interested in Duke basketball and football. With moves like this i feel one step closer to being done all together. I'll watch the ACCN games I want in a bar but i will not support the money grab on principal alone.
    If you "cut the cord" then you can get the ACCN on streaming options Hulu TV or Youtube TV. Cutting the cord doesn't mean not having to pay for content.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil2K View Post
    I've been running into a similar problem, and I was guessing that the root cause was the legacy TWC plans. I haven't seen similar online accounts - where did you see them?

Thanks!
    Twitter

I can confirm that my DirecTV guide is showing ACCN on channel 612. I can also confirm that as of now, it is saying that I need the premium Sports Pack which is unlike Big Ten and SEC networks. Interesting.

I still don’t see channel 612 in directv online guide. Does anyone else not see it yet? I just don’t trust Directv not to have screwed something up.