Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    It does depend on where the bar was and what package they have (I don't know what a typical package would be for a sports bar). I would expect most major sports bars (like a Buffalo Wild Wings, or Carolina Ale House) to have this. Smaller operations maybe not.

From AT&T:

• Available with CHOICE and above packages in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia.
    • Other areas: Available with SPORTS PACK.
    Interesting. Thanks. I was guessing/hoping that DirecTV was some sort of 'pay one price/get everything' type outfit (at least for commercial customers) -- obviously not. Seems it is as balkanized as the cable company packages.

We watch ESPN via a SlingTV orange package here in Piedmont North Carolina.

Today I get an email from ESPN about a doubleheader on ACCN.

I try to remember how to log in on the laptop. Finally . . . via my SlingTV online account!

And I get this message:

Duke vs. Virginia (Football) — Monday, October 21, 4:00 PM — This event has not yet started.

Is this the way that Duke basketball will (NOT) work via ESPN/SlingTV/ACCN?

Related, I emailed three contacts at SlingTV in the last 10 days - first email bounced. Last 2, not a peep, about how to view ACCN via SlingTV. Customer (dis)service that meets expectations.

I apologize if this had already been answered in this thread, but does anyone know if it’s possible to stream replays of ACCN games if my provider does not offer the ACC Network (only ESPN)?

I do understand live streaming of ACCN games is not available without ACCN.

Unfortunately, I’m rarely able to watch Duke games live. I’m looking for a streaming service, but none seem to include everything my wife (watches a lot of channels) and I (ESPNs + ACCN only for Duke games) want.

Well I haven’t been paying attention but just learned Comcast and the ACCN aren’t copacetic so I guess I’m out for tonight’s game. I don’t suppose I can buy streaming direct from the ACCN without going through a provider can I? I’m not willing to buy a Sling bundle strictly for the ACCN.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Well I haven’t been paying attention but just learned Comcast and the ACCN aren’t copacetic so I guess I’m out for tonight’s game. I don’t suppose I can buy streaming direct from the ACCN without going through a provider can I? I’m not willing to buy a Sling bundle strictly for the ACCN.
    Nope...I'm in same boat as you. Comcast/Xfinity still a holdout and when they're not, I'm sure it's going to be part of an expensive sports package that I won't pay for. Sad that I'm going to be missing a lot more Duke games than I used to because of ACCN.

I can't find the ACC Network on PS Vue. Can anyone help me?
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I can't find the ACC Network on PS Vue. Can anyone help me?
    I don't know how Vue's plans work, but ACCN is apparently available as part of the Core, Elite and Ultra plans. Do you have one of those plans?

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    I don't know how Vue's plans work, but ACCN is apparently available as part of the Core, Elite and Ultra plans. Do you have one of those plans?
    Hope we get soccer girl interviews before giving us the Duke game😡

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Can't believe this didn't get started already.
    Post your post-game thoughts here.
    Duke wins by 34, covering the spread!
    Wonder how much Duke's average casual viewership will drop because of the ACCN.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Not just casual viewership. I'm not casual but couldn't watch the game... Probably could have found an internet feed I suppose if I really tried.

I'm a casualty.

And the sucky thing is I got Xfinity and ESPN+, because I was actually trying to avoid just doing the easy thing and watching the games via pirated streams. Yet I can't even watch Duke play cupcakes? I'm trying to understand it from the perspective of the companies involved, but I can't see how this will do anything but drive people back to the pirated steams.

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    I'm a casualty.

And the sucky thing is I got Xfinity and ESPN+, because I was actually trying to avoid just doing the easy thing and watching the games via pirated streams. Yet I can't even watch Duke play cupcakes? I'm trying to understand it from the perspective of the companies involved, but I can't see how this will do anything but drive people back to the pirated steams.
    ACCN told Wework “hold my beer”. This rollout has been terrible.
    Windy City Devil

I’m beyond casual. F the ACC. I’ve found other things to do.

I just ditched Comcast and purchased YouTube TV. Get almost all of the channels I want (no nfl network, Comedy Central, or MASN) but I’m saving over $100 a month, and more importantly I can watch all the Duke games. I’d been thinking about ditching cable for awhile now, but Comcast not carrying the ACC Network pushed me over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m beyond casual. F the ACC. I’ve found other things to do.
    Me too.

Before the Duke-UVA football game on ACCN that I had bet a pie on, I called Spectrum to add ACCN. They told me I'd need new cable equipment and that they would increase my monthly cable bill from $225/month to add another $17/month to that to get ACCN. So increase from $225/month to $242/month to add ACCN. So another $204 a year for ACCN.

When I bought my DVR cable package from Time Warner it was $200/month and I was told I'd get all sports channels and price would never increase. Spectrum increased it to $225/month. So hearing it would be another $17/month was final straw.

I told them that instead of adding ACCN, they could just go ahead and cancel all my cable TV and that I would just pay for internet. They said they'd need to transfer me to a different person. I was put on hold for 30 minutes, and when I told the new person nicely that I would like to cancel my cable, my call immediately and coincidentally got disconnected. I called them back and cancelled all cable. This took about another 2 hours of being put on hold and transferred to different people at Spectrum.

But it was a much better use of my time than watching that Duke/UVA football game where I bet a pie on Duke. Rather than paying more for cable that doesn't show me Duke and ACC games, I'm paying much less. And I haven't missed it or regretted it for an instant. I'll probably save more money on pies I won't lose.

I listened to tonight's Duke game on the radio.

I can afford it, but I refuse to be ripped off. I haven't missed cable at all. Lots of other things to do. Just my choice - to each his own. Go Duke!
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 11-08-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Me too.

Before the Duke-UVA football game on ACCN that I had bet a pie on, I called Spectrum to add ACCN. They told me I'd need new cable equipment and that they would increase my monthly cable bill from $225/month to add another $17/month to that to get ACCN. So increase from $225/month to $242/month to add ACCN. So another $204 a year for ACCN.

When I bought my DVR cable package from Time Warner it was $200/month and I was told I'd get all sports channels and price would never increase. Spectrum increased it to $225/month. So hearing it would be another $17/month was final straw.

I told them that instead of adding ACCN, they could just go ahead and cancel all my cable TV and that I would just pay for internet. They said they'd need to transfer me to a different person. I was put on hold for 30 minutes, and when I told the new person nicely that I would like to cancel my cable, my call immediately and coincidentally got disconnected. I called them back and cancelled all cable. This took about another 2 hours of being put on hold and transferred to different people at Spectrum.

But it was a much better use of my time than watching that Duke/UVA football game where I bet a pie on Duke. Rather than paying more for cable that doesn't show me Duke and ACC games, I'm paying much less. And I haven't missed it or regretted it for an instant. I'll probably save more money on pies I won't lose.

I listened to tonight's Duke game on the radio.

I can afford it, but I refuse to be ripped off. I haven't missed cable at all. Lots of other things to do. Just my choice - to each his own. Go Duke!
    That's a *lot* of beer $$ you're saving now .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    so 40 bucks a month for YT tv, 4 duke away games on average...so if I go to the bar to watch every game, that's 10 bucks of beer plus the game. I'll take that.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yep choices. Now I can justify trying out that Bhavana Cellar Door club available later this month..

I chose wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Yep choices. Now I can justify trying out that Bhavana Cellar Door club available later this month..

I chose wisely.
    Incorrigible.

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

ACCN. Just a regional network which overvalues its worth. Comcast, just a cheap company which won't honor its sports package. They deserve each other.

So see if Duke likes it when you tell them you have deducted the amount it costs to get ACCN from the amount you planned to give the Annual Fund.