Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Cant't get ACCN because of TiVo

I think I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of the ACC Network. I am a "legacy TWC" Spectrum cable customer. I cannot switch to the "regular" Spectrum because that does support Cable Card, which I need for my TiVo. We are DEEPLY invested in the TiVo culture, which requires a cable card and tuning adapter to unscramble the cable signal. It is not compatible with a cable box.

Unfortunately, Tivo won't work with Spectrum, or AT&T Fiber or Google Fiber. I have never used Hulu or Roku. So right now, I'm not a big fan of the new ACC Network. I won't be able to watch as many Duke this year...

I know, eventually, we will have to move on from TiVo, but it's such a good interface-- tons better than any other DVR.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    I think I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of the ACC Network. I am a "legacy TWC" Spectrum cable customer. I cannot switch to the "regular" Spectrum because that does support Cable Card, which I need for my TiVo. We are DEEPLY invested in the TiVo culture, which requires a cable card and tuning adapter to unscramble the cable signal. It is not compatible with a cable box.

Unfortunately, Tivo won't work with Spectrum, or AT&T Fiber or Google Fiber. I have never used Hulu or Roku. So right now, I'm not a big fan of the new ACC Network. I won't be able to watch as many Duke this year...

I know, eventually, we will have to move on from TiVo, but it's such a good interface-- tons better than any other DVR.
    Who/what told you that you couldn't get a cable card with Spectrum? That does not appear to be true. If it was a customer support rep, they likely didn't know what they were talking about.

For reference: https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/...on-ica-res-twc

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    No, but it won't be much(missing Duke games)..remember (and much has been written about this): ESPN has an ownership stake in the ACCN but also has paid a megabundle for ESPN to broadcast games, so you can be assured that they will want all of the top games, and the vast majority of Duke games, to appear on one of the ESPN channels.
    I was thinking about this post, so decided to see what the schedule has in store. There actually are a fair number of games that are ACCN only, and others that will be on both ACCN/ESPN.

Dec 6 VT ACCN
    Dec 31 BC ACCN
    Jan 8 GT ACCN
    Jan 11 WFU ACCN
    Feb 25 WFU ACCN

There are a number of teams that have no broadcast at all announced yet, too.
    https://goduke.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

[SUB[/SUB]

My complaints to thr FCC have only led me to being pushed higher up the ladder at Spectrum. Each and every Spectrum rep has said the same things, upgrade from legacy or you will not be able to get want you want. I asked if was not just a simple push of a button, and was told I was missing the point.

My state agency contacted Spectrum and was essentially told I had contacted them and elected not to change.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    [SUB[/SUB]

My complaints to thr FCC have only led me to being pushed higher up the ladder at Spectrum. Each and every Spectrum rep has said the same things, upgrade from legacy or you will not be able to get want you want. I asked if was not just a simple push of a button, and was told I was missing the point.

My state agency contacted Spectrum and was essentially told I had contacted them and elected not to change.

Oh well.
    So why don’t you switch to a Spectrum plan? Some people have reported a price increase with the change; some a price decrease. I saved $20 a month by changing.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    So why don’t you switch to a Spectrum plan? Some people have reported a price increase with the change; some a price decrease. I saved $20 a month by changing.

It is an e mail provider problem, an equipment problem and a price raise problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I was thinking about this post, so decided to see what the schedule has in store. There actually are a fair number of games that are ACCN only, and others that will be on both ACCN/ESPN.

Dec 6 VT ACCN
    Dec 31 BC ACCN
    Jan 8 GT ACCN
    Jan 11 WFU ACCN
    Feb 25 WFU ACCN

There are a number of teams that have no broadcast at all announced yet, too.
    https://goduke.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball
    There are no "both ACCN/ESPN games", the designations in the schedule just mean that the network is not decided on those games yet.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Twitter is saying that ATT Uverse has now added ACCN. That leaves Comcast as the only holdout not carrying ACCN. Unfortunately, Comcast is the biggest carrier in the U.S.

Twitter is saying that ATT Uverse has now added ACCN. That leaves Comcast as the only holdout not carrying ACCN. Unfortunately, Comcast is the biggest carrier in the U.S.
    Spectrum (Time Warner legacy) still doesn’t cover it. I haven’t had time or energy to try to switch over from
    legacy to standard Spectrum. It appears that regular Spectrum will work with my cable card for TiVo, so I may have to make the switch. My Spectrum service will never add ACCN because it’s TWC “legacy”.

I can confirm that ACCN now shows up on my Uverse channel list.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    I can confirm that ACCN now shows up on my Uverse channel list.
    Yep. Reconfirmed. Channel 1610 on my U-verse listing.

I can confirm that I will be watching SEC football here in Comcast-land this Saturday.

Best part of changing my Spectrum package from being TWC legacy - I get the NBCSN Olympic channel and can watch UCI World Championships! Unfortunately, I haven't seen much Duke on ACCN yet.

Ok, I’m definitely switching to regular Spectrum now!
    NBCSN is one of the places where I can get my curling fix when I’m not on the ice curling, myself!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Best part of changing my Spectrum package from being TWC legacy - I get the NBCSN Olympic channel and can watch UCI World Championships! Unfortunately, I haven't seen much Duke on ACCN yet.

So, U-verse has ACCN now. Anybody know which channel in Durham? Is it upper-tier only? I can't find info online, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    So, U-verse has ACCN now. Anybody know which channel in Durham? Is it upper-tier only? I can't find info online, yet.
    Nevermind, found it. 1610. Who knew the N&O was actually still good for something?

So how common is it that a sports bar w/ DirecTV would not not have the ACCN (ch. 612)?

I encountered that scenario several times in a suburb of a major American city last Saturday ... and now see the Virginia game on 10/19 is also on the elusive ACCN.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    So how common is it that a sports bar w/ DirecTV would not not have the ACCN (ch. 612)?

I encountered that scenario several times in a suburb of a major American city last Saturday ... and now see the Virginia game on 10/19 is also on the elusive ACCN.
    Did they actually not have it, or did they just not bother to look?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Did they actually not have it, or did they just not bother to look?
    No, they looked (and in one case, I of course had called days ahead of time to check -- but am astute enough after many decades of chasing Duke football to not trust any answer I'm given).

Ch. 612 would pop up, denoted as Duke/Pitt, but then with a screen full of dense text about not part of package or re-set signal via going to the internet or pressing here to order specifically or yada yada ...

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    No, they looked (and in one case, I of course had called days ahead of time to check -- but am astute enough after many decades of chasing Duke football to not trust any answer I'm given).

Ch. 612 would pop up, denoted as Duke/Pitt, but then with a screen full of dense text about not part of package or re-set signal via going to the internet or pressing here to order specifically or yada yada ...
    It does depend on where the bar was and what package they have (I don't know what a typical package would be for a sports bar). I would expect most major sports bars (like a Buffalo Wild Wings, or Carolina Ale House) to have this. Smaller operations maybe not.

From AT&T:

• Available with CHOICE and above packages in the following states: Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia.
    • Other areas: Available with SPORTS PACK.