Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I, like you, am stuck with Comcast/Xfinity. But both of my adult children have cut the cord and have PlaStation Vue. So I have been able to see most of the games by logging into one of their accounts. (Doesn’t always work however, because if I’m logged into their account, they can’t use it.)
    Your kids should know that Duke games are a priority.

You can also get a month of Sling TV with their sports extra for $25.

Quote Originally Posted by TobaMom View Post
    As a Denver resident who has always been able to find almost all of the games, I am incredibly frustrated. Xfinity does not carry ACCN, and I don't want to pay an extra $50/month for another carrier. I am counting on my college kid to help me figure out a way to pirate the games. (Never done that before, but may not be kidding . . .) Sheesh.
    Anyone have any thoughts on how to do it the right way? I don't see the suggestion that we "demand your provider carry ACCN" as particularly helpful.
    I am in your boat. I have decided that there are other interests and things to do. If the ACC doesn’t care whether I watch or not, I don’t care to watch their product.

Duke has plenty of games on real tv, I’ll watch those and to Hell with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Your kids should know that Duke games are a priority.
    Haha. They have been really good sports about it, and they grew up watching plenty of Duke basketball (although both chose other schools).

But since they pay for their monthly PlayStation Vue subscriptions, I only use it if they’re not. Btw, did y’all know that PlayStation Vue is ending their service on Jan. 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ah, that's so strange. I have DirecTV, and as of moments ago, there is no channel 612 for me at all, could not find any ACCN listing...maybe by 7pm? I see the Big Ten and SEC networks (as usual)...
    My Directv had Duke Central Ark tonight on 612. We don’t have any special premium tier.

Nope to ACCN via SlingTV for $10 plus tax & fees a month . . . extra charge

This may be old news (I've not kept up with this thread), but here in Piedmont North Carolina I finally got a SlingTV exec to respond to a second email inquiry. (Could NOT find the info at the SlingTV website.)

For my Mrs. and me, the question was: Are the games listed below worth ~$11 a month on top of the regular SlingTV charge? (ACCN requires Sports Extra from SlingTV . . . at least it's required hereabouts.)

Here are the ACCN Duke games (as best I can figure - pretty opaque, really - and, of course, the TBD games may not be ACCN after all):

ACCN (plus TBD) games

Nov. 12 vs. Central Arkansas 7 p.m. ACCN

Nov. 15 vs. Georgia State 7 p.m. ACCN

Nov. 29 vs. Winthrop 7 p.m. ACCN

Dec. 6 at Virginia Tech 7 p.m. ACCN

Dec. 31 vs. Boston College 6 p.m. ACCN

Jan. 8 at Georgia Tech 9 p.m. ACCN

Jan. 11 vs. Wake Forest 8 p.m. ACCN

Jan. 14 at Clemson 7 p.m. TBD

Feb. 4 at Boston College 7 p.m. TBD

Feb. 15 vs. Notre Dame 4 p.m. TBD

Feb. 22 vs. Virginia Tech 4 p.m. TBD

Feb. 25 at Wake Forest 7 p.m. ACCN

//////////////

I feel as if we are already paying for Duke basketball - internet plus SlingTV. Hate the "balkanization" of Duke basketball. (Like a lot of things, it's diminished, day after day.)

ACCN - who needs it? (Not us.)

Quote Originally Posted by chazz101s View Post
    This may be old news (I've not kept up with this thread), but here in Piedmont North Carolina I finally got a SlingTV exec to respond to a second email inquiry. (Could NOT find the info at the SlingTV website.)

For my Mrs. and me, the question was: Are the games listed below worth ~$11 a month on top of the regular SlingTV charge? (ACCN requires Sports Extra from SlingTV . . . at least it's required hereabouts.)

Here are the ACCN Duke games (as best I can figure - pretty opaque, really - and, of course, the TBD games may not be ACCN after all):

ACCN (plus TBD) games

Nov. 12 vs. Central Arkansas 7 p.m. ACCN

Nov. 15 vs. Georgia State 7 p.m. ACCN

Nov. 29 vs. Winthrop 7 p.m. ACCN

Dec. 6 at Virginia Tech 7 p.m. ACCN

Dec. 31 vs. Boston College 6 p.m. ACCN

Jan. 8 at Georgia Tech 9 p.m. ACCN

Jan. 11 vs. Wake Forest 8 p.m. ACCN

Jan. 14 at Clemson 7 p.m. TBD

Feb. 4 at Boston College 7 p.m. TBD

Feb. 15 vs. Notre Dame 4 p.m. TBD

Feb. 22 vs. Virginia Tech 4 p.m. TBD

Feb. 25 at Wake Forest 7 p.m. ACCN

//////////////

I feel as if we are already paying for Duke basketball - internet plus SlingTV. Hate the "balkanization" of Duke basketball. (Like a lot of things, it's diminished, day after day.)

ACCN - who needs it? (Not us.)
    Wait until December, pay upgrade for three months. Not bad really.

Question I have just about given up on ACCN

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Discuss the game here.
    I was pleased to be able to find the last 2 games on "plain old" You Tube (day after). Anyone know the difference between ACCN and ACCN+ in distribution of games to ESPN, Comcast, Hulu ("regular"), or other "traditional sites". I currently pay for Hulu, prime, comcast, disney+, Starz and refuse to dive deeper... Miss the days when nearly all games were covered on plain cable.
    Sigh
    DDoc

Quote Originally Posted by DDoc74 View Post
    I was pleased to be able to find the last 2 games on "plain old" You Tube (day after). Anyone know the difference between ACCN and ACCN+ in distribution of games to ESPN, Comcast, Hulu ("regular"), or other "traditional sites". I currently pay for Hulu, prime, comcast, disney+, Starz and refuse to dive deeper... Miss the days when nearly all games were covered on plain cable.
    Sigh
    DDoc
    I watched on You Tube live. Everything was fine until halfway through the second half when I got a streaming violation message across my screen. The broadcast then alternated between this message and the game in five minute segments for the duration of the game. I have no clue what this was all about.

Quote Originally Posted by DDoc74 View Post
    Sigh
    DDoc
    Yup.

I am reverting more to the older days, when I had to wait for my copy of Blue Devil Weekly to come in the mail and read about the games I couldn't see.

"Wow, Alaa had a big game last Thursday . . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Yup.

I am reverting more to the older days, when I had to wait for my copy of Blue Devil Weekly to come in the mail and read about the games I couldn't see.

"Wow, Alaa had a big game last Thursday . . . ."
    That and buying Streets & Smith to get preseason and recruiting speculation.

I’ll just say this whole ACCN and Xfinity thing sucks Rotten eggs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I’ll just say this whole ACCN and Xfinity thing sucks Rotten eggs!!!
    Spectrum is right up there too... Especially for us "legacy" TWC folks. In fact, us "legacy" folks should get preferential treatment... we've been loyal customers all throughout...

Although it won’t be practical for everyone, if you have a family member or a close friend with access to the ACC Network, Slingbox may be an option for gaining access to the ACC Network. For those who are not familiar with it, a Slingbox is a piece of equipment that is attached to a cable box and makes every channel that is available in the cable package available to a remote viewer. The remote viewer downloads an app on a computer or television, and then connects through wifi to a Slingbox account. The person watching remotely can watch live programs or anything that has been recorded on the DVR.

This link has additional information:

http://www.slingbox.com/About

There are some limitations. If the television to which the Slingbox is attached in turned on (live or playing the DVR), the person watching remotely must watch the same content that is being watched on the television that is connected to the Slingbox. If the television with the Slingbox is off, the person watching remotely has total access to all channels on the cable network and everything stored on the DVR. For example, we recorded the Georgia State game this evening on our DVR and our daughter in Texas (who has no access to the ACC Network through her cable provider) watched the replay at the same time we did. She also could have watched the game live (regardless of whether our television was turned on or whether our DVR was running), or she can watch the replay tomorrow when the television with the Slingbox is off. However, only one person at a time can watch remotely through our Slingbox account, although the same account can be used at different times to connect to our Slingbox from any computer or television that has the app.

The other television in our house that is connected to cable through its own cable box is not impacted by the Slingbox. In other words, our daughter can watch the ACC Network (live or on the DVR) while we watch something else on the other television.

We purchased a Slingbox 500 model several years ago when our other daughter was living outside the United States, so that she could watch Duke basketball on the ESPN networks. I checked this evening and saw that the 500 model is available on Amazon for $230. Some of the other models are cheaper and I saw one listed at $420. I have no idea what the differences are among the various models, but the 500 serves our purposes. Also, there are no user fees after the Slingbox is purchased and my understanding is that all cable providers allow them to be used by their subscribers.

For someone, such as our daughter in Texas, who is living in an area where the ACCN may never be available, a Slingbox might be worth considering.

Because it is late and this thread is now at 14 pages, I apologize if this topic was already addressed.

We may need to add ESPNEWS to the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Spectrum is right up there too... Especially for us "legacy" TWC folks. In fact, us "legacy" folks should get preferential treatment... we've been loyal customers all throughout...
    My rate went down when I switched to Spectrum from TWC legacy plus I get the Olympic channel so I could watch the Vuelta.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    My rate went down when I switched to Spectrum from TWC legacy plus I get the Olympic channel so I could watch the Vuelta.
    Do you get the Giro? That was my thing when I could get the nightly rebroadcasts with Bobke many moons ago.

I had a strange experience watching the 1st half — only the SAP would stream for me so I watched the Spanish broadcast.

My Verizon Fios package does not include ESPNews so I couldn’t change my TV to that channel so I brought up the ESPN App on my iPAD. When I clicked on the Duke game two broadcast options came up: game currently on ESPNews and SAP Broadcast. When I selected the first option it said “You are not authorized to view this content.”

I assume I couldn’t stream ESPNews because my TV package does not include that channel.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I had a strange experience watching the 1st half — only the SAP would stream for me so I watched the Spanish broadcast.

My Verizon Fios package does not include ESPNews so I couldn’t change my TV to that channel so I brought up the ESPN App on my iPAD. When I clicked on the Duke game two broadcast options came up: game currently on ESPNews and SAP Broadcast. When I selected the first option it said “You are not authorized to view this content.”

I assume I couldn’t stream ESPNews because my TV package does not include that channel.
    Same here(strange experience). I watched volleyball for a minute or so until they showed the game was on ESPN News. I then switched over to ESPNN and watched a few minutes of the Duke game. Then when halftime came, the Duke game didn't come back on but some guy from one of ESPN's hollering daytime sports show was on. So I switched back to ACCN and the endless volleyball game was still on. After that I went to my I-Phone and watched a good part of the game but kept going back to the ACCN. I finally got to watch the last few minutes on TV. The ACCN is a big mess and I'm pretty sure there's a uncheat student athlete(so called) who's behind all the mess.

GoDuke!

ACCN will fail if they continue to show volleyball over BB and FB. Minor sports should move to News, not the main attraction. Their present formula will make finding major TV sponsors very difficult. Why kill the golden goose?