Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Is anyone on Tottenham likable besides Son? Go Villa!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Is anyone on Tottenham likable besides Son? Go Villa!
    Not one to praise a Spur but even I like Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Not one to praise a Spur but even I like Kane.
    Can't praise any Sp*r. COYG.

North London is red (especially this year).

Double Derby Weekend:

United vs City on Saturday
    Tottenham vs Arsenal on Sunday

There can be clarity or chaos at the top of the table by the end of the weekend. Nervous for the Gunners. The trip down the road has not gone well in a long time. Also this is about when the wheels start to fall off.

Double Derby Weekend:

There can be clarity or chaos at the top of the table by the end of the weekend. Nervous for the Gunners. The trip down the road has not gone well in a long time. Also this is about when the wheels start to fall off.
    Let’s hope NL is red after the dust clears.

Double Derby Weekend:

But it’s also time for the annual Tot fade too.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Amazing comeback at Old Trafford. A well played first half, but the lack of a finishing touch left them scoreless at the half. Then Graelish came in and looked to dash United's hope. But 20 minutes later, in a few minutes span, ManU snatched the victory. That goal from Fernandes, IMHO, was correctly ruled onside. Had the ManCity defender gone after the ball, Rashford would have been interfering with the play, but he backed off(perhaps drilled into his head not to make contact with an offensive player when you are the last man back) and so Fernandes swooped in and got the shot off. But just a thrilling ending even for someone who doesn't care for either team

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Amazing comeback at Old Trafford. A well played first half, but the lack of a finishing touch left them scoreless at the half. Then Graelish came in and looked to dash United's hope. But 20 minutes later, in a few minutes span, ManU snatched the victory. That goal from Fernandes, IMHO, was correctly ruled onside. Had the ManCity defender gone after the ball, Rashford would have been interfering with the play, but he backed off(perhaps drilled into his head not to make contact with an offensive player when you are the last man back) and so Fernandes swooped in and got the shot off. But just a thrilling ending even for someone who doesn't care for either team
    Great derby match.

Just watched the Everton match as well — to say it’s an ugly scene is an understatement. The members of the Board of Directors were warned not to attend due to threats of physical violence, and a full-throated protest by fans after the match. Especially since they went up 1-0 and ended up losing 1-2.

I like Everton, but hate Pickford. So there’s that.

Awesome comeback by Man United today over city! Rashford is in great form!

Thought this was pretty blatantly offside. Rashford 100% influenced the play whether he touched the ball or not. Shielded the defender and continued to run after the ball. But, it's United at home and decisions go their way.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Thought this was pretty blatantly offside. Rashford 100% influenced the play whether he touched the ball or not. Shielded the defender and continued to run after the ball. But, it's United at home and decisions go their way.
    I was pulling for United but absolutely agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I was pulling for United but absolutely agree with this.
    As a retired soccer ref with an international reputation for excellence and integrity*, I agree that play should have been ruled offsides.

*Duke IM soccer ref Fall '84

I don’t like Tottenham.

I don’t want to see Chelsea run away with the race.

Hmm….

Although I guess if Chelsea keeps Man City from winning it, as long as Newcastle makes the top four (iffy at best) I’ll be happy. Go Miggy! So I guess TOT not getting any points here is my preferred option.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    The optics make it look like offsides but by letter of the law it wasn’t. Rebecca Lowe pulled out the rule book and went line by line after the match. Rash didn’t meet any of the requirements. Plus the heck with City. Also I’m in the “enemy of my enemy”’phase of the season.

On a side note: Is Chelsea’s new scouting strategy under Todd Boehly/Clearlake Capital to look at what Arsenal are doing and then outbid them? I know the scouting department is in shambles but really? Shakhtar wanted £100 million for Mykhailo Mudryk. Arsenal’s top bid was £95 million. Chelsea end up paying £108.

Arsenal! Arsenal! Arsenal!

They get the first season sweep of Spurs in nine years. White Heart Lane was still around the last time. It's the first ever win at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Aaron Ramsdale is making a case to be the England number one. If Everton don't right the ship Pickford is going to lose favor if they are playing in the 2nd Division.

Where was this version of Hugo Lloris on December 10th?

That gives us some separation in the table at the midpoint of the season.
    Last edited by Kdogg; 01-15-2023 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Stay classy Spurs suports.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID

They get the first season sweep of Spurs in nine years. White Heart Lane was still around the last time. It's the first ever win at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Aaron Ramsdale is making a case to be the England number one. If Everton don't right the ship Pickford is going to lose favor if they are playing in the 2nd Division.

Yesterday was not a good sports, cheering for Everton... doh, then Duke...ouch, and ending the night with the Chargers. Not good all around

Yesterday was not a good sports, cheering for Everton... doh, then Duke...ouch, and ending the night with the Chargers. Not good all around
    I share the pain of one and my condolences for the other two mate.

Just discovered Spanish SuperCup — RealM v. Barça — is on right now (2 EST) on ABC. From Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Just discovered Spanish SuperCup — RealM v. Barça — is on right now (2 EST) on ABC. From Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
    Nothing says domestic cup quite like having it played in a stadium 3000 miles from home. I’m going to be so pissed when the 2030 WC is played there.

North London is Red!