ABMU

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    = the sound of my Gunners coming back to earth today v. Liverpool. Arghhhh
    Told you not to jinx it 😀.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Told you not to jinx it 😀.
    Touche'

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Man U board having an emergency meeting right now per reports.

So long, Ole Gunnar Solskjær.
    Yeah, this was overdue, but if anything could seal it, a 4-1 thumping by Watford would get that done pretty much anywhere. I wonder what Ronaldo was thinking during that game?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Yeah, this was overdue, but if anything could seal it, a 4-1 thumping by Watford would get that done pretty much anywhere. I wonder what Ronaldo was thinking during that game?
    Probably thinking that this team doesn’t go through him enough. Despite a) being 37 years old and b) no longer the most important player on his team (I dont even think he’s top 3).

Ronaldo sunk this team and sunk Ole’s career. Typical Ronaldo.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Probably thinking that this team doesn’t go through him enough. Despite a) being 37 years old and b) no longer the most important player on his team (I dont even think he’s top 3).

FTR, I completely agree with you. When I posed that, there was a certain deliciousness there. I've always highly disliked Ronaldo's overbearing arrogance. He and Zlatan are two of my very least favorite soccer players.

FTR, I completely agree with you. When I posed that, there was a certain deliciousness there. I've always highly disliked Ronaldo's overbearing arrogance. He and Zlatan are two of my very least favorite soccer players.
    I third this. He is second only to Diego Maradona on my like of disliked players.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post

Sunk to his 6th goal through 5 Champions League matches today.

Significant proposals for changes to UK football.

https://on.ft.com/30Yqrz8

Not EPL, but holy moly: England beat Latvia 20-0. Are the Lionesses on track to supplant the USWNT?

https://www.espn.com/soccer/england-...breaking-night
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Not EPL, but holy moly: England beat Latvia 20-0. Are the Lionesses on track to supplant the USWNT?

https://www.espn.com/soccer/england-...breaking-night
    England is already one of the top women's teams, the FA Super League is one of the top women's leagues, and the Champions League winner is a British team. On top of that, the USWNT is aging. On the other hand, NWSL is very strong, too, and there is a lot of good talent coming up to replace players who retire. Soccer is THE thing in Europe, so the U.S. will have tougher competition, for sure. I don't know about supplanting, exactly, but I wouldn't expect the kind of U.S. dominance we've seen over the last 20 years to continue.

England is already one of the top women's teams, the FA Super League is one of the top women's leagues, and the Champions League winner is a British team. On top of that, the USWNT is aging. On the other hand, NWSL is very strong, too, and there is a lot of good talent coming up to replace players who retire. Soccer is THE thing in Europe, so the U.S. will have tougher competition, for sure. I don't know about supplanting, exactly, but I wouldn't expect the kind of U.S. dominance we've seen over the last 20 years to continue.
    It will definitely be interesting to see women's soccer in Europe once the girls who have spent their whole lives in a society that no longer sees soccer as a sport for men only are old enough to contribute at the top level. We have already seen a smaller country with a historic women's soccer program in Norway eventually lose ground to the bigger countries in Europe.

I thought England was the toughest out in the 2019 run and I remember Ellen White scoring on the US.

20-0 is a big score.

Well, Man City got away with one today. They had very little in the way of decent scoring chances through most of the first half when the Wolves striker, Raul Jimenez, committed an ill-advised foul in the center of the field and got booked for it. The booking was a little soft, but not entirely unjustified. But then he petulantly stayed close to the ball (maybe 3 yards), and when the free kick was taken, he stuck out his leg to block it, which is a mandatory second booking and a sending off. Even then, it still took a soft penalty on a handball-that-maybe-wasn't-a-handball in the box late in the second half for City to get on the board. John Moss called the hand ball in live play, and VAR said that it wasn't a clear and obvious error, so the penalty stands, and Sterling converts. If Moss doesn't call it, that probably stands, as well. And that was all the scoring. Chelsea and Liverpool both won, City's luck keeps them top of the table instead of falling to third.

And after falling back to earth v. the Toffees and. ManU, my Gunners played an strong match v. Southampton. 3-0.

Strong D.

Maybe I’ve missed it before, but it seems that much of our attack started with Ramsdale. Was very much in the play.

Well, Man City got away with one today. They had very little in the way of decent scoring chances through most of the first half when the Wolves striker, Raul Jimenez, committed an ill-advised foul in the center of the field and got booked for it. The booking was a little soft, but not entirely unjustified. But then he petulantly stayed close to the ball (maybe 3 yards), and when the free kick was taken, he stuck out his leg to block it, which is a mandatory second booking and a sending off. Even then, it still took a soft penalty on a handball-that-maybe-wasn't-a-handball in the box late in the second half for City to get on the board. John Moss called the hand ball in live play, and VAR said that it wasn't a clear and obvious error, so the penalty stands, and Sterling converts. If Moss doesn't call it, that probably stands, as well. And that was all the scoring. Chelsea and Liverpool both won, City's luck keeps them top of the table instead of falling to third.
    City dominated that game and I am not a City fan btw.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    City dominated that game and I am not a City fan btw.
    Given that they played more than half the game up a man, it would be shocking if they hadn't dominated. Liverpool did essentially the same thing to Villa, but without the man advantage.

Pulisic with a beauty!

Chelsea -2
    Liverpool -2

Nearing end of the first half. (USA Network)

This is wide-open football!

You beat me to it ... this is a game you don't want to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Pulisic with a beauty!

Chelsea -2
    Liverpool -2

Nearing end of the first half. (USA Network)

This is wide-open football!
    looks like you jinxed it...haha.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc