Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 206
  1. #181
    ABMU

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    = the sound of my Gunners coming back to earth today v. Liverpool. Arghhhh
    Told you not to jinx it 😀.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Told you not to jinx it 😀.
    Touche'

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Man U board having an emergency meeting right now per reports.

    So long, Ole Gunnar Solskjśr.
    Yeah, this was overdue, but if anything could seal it, a 4-1 thumping by Watford would get that done pretty much anywhere. I wonder what Ronaldo was thinking during that game?

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Yeah, this was overdue, but if anything could seal it, a 4-1 thumping by Watford would get that done pretty much anywhere. I wonder what Ronaldo was thinking during that game?
    Probably thinking that this team doesnít go through him enough. Despite a) being 37 years old and b) no longer the most important player on his team (I dont even think heís top 3).

    Ronaldo sunk this team and sunk Oleís career. Typical Ronaldo.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

    President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Probably thinking that this team doesn’t go through him enough. Despite a) being 37 years old and b) no longer the most important player on his team (I dont even think he’s top 3).

    Ronaldo sunk this team and sunk Ole’s career. Typical Ronaldo.
    FTR, I completely agree with you. When I posed that, there was a certain deliciousness there. I've always highly disliked Ronaldo's overbearing arrogance. He and Zlatan are two of my very least favorite soccer players.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    FTR, I completely agree with you. When I posed that, there was a certain deliciousness there. I've always highly disliked Ronaldo's overbearing arrogance. He and Zlatan are two of my very least favorite soccer players.
    I third this. He is second only to Diego Maradona on my like of disliked players.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Probably thinking that this team doesnít go through him enough. Despite a) being 37 years old and b) no longer the most important player on his team (I dont even think heís top 3).

    Ronaldo sunk this team and sunk Oleís career. Typical Ronaldo.
    Sunk to his 6th goal through 5 Champions League matches today.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    Significant proposals for changes to UK football.

    https://on.ft.com/30Yqrz8

  10. #190
    Not EPL, but holy moly: England beat Latvia 20-0. Are the Lionesses on track to supplant the USWNT?

    https://www.espn.com/soccer/england-...breaking-night
    Carolina delenda est

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Not EPL, but holy moly: England beat Latvia 20-0. Are the Lionesses on track to supplant the USWNT?

    https://www.espn.com/soccer/england-...breaking-night
    England is already one of the top women's teams, the FA Super League is one of the top women's leagues, and the Champions League winner is a British team. On top of that, the USWNT is aging. On the other hand, NWSL is very strong, too, and there is a lot of good talent coming up to replace players who retire. Soccer is THE thing in Europe, so the U.S. will have tougher competition, for sure. I don't know about supplanting, exactly, but I wouldn't expect the kind of U.S. dominance we've seen over the last 20 years to continue.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    England is already one of the top women's teams, the FA Super League is one of the top women's leagues, and the Champions League winner is a British team. On top of that, the USWNT is aging. On the other hand, NWSL is very strong, too, and there is a lot of good talent coming up to replace players who retire. Soccer is THE thing in Europe, so the U.S. will have tougher competition, for sure. I don't know about supplanting, exactly, but I wouldn't expect the kind of U.S. dominance we've seen over the last 20 years to continue.
    It will definitely be interesting to see women's soccer in Europe once the girls who have spent their whole lives in a society that no longer sees soccer as a sport for men only are old enough to contribute at the top level. We have already seen a smaller country with a historic women's soccer program in Norway eventually lose ground to the bigger countries in Europe.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    England is already one of the top women's teams, the FA Super League is one of the top women's leagues, and the Champions League winner is a British team. On top of that, the USWNT is aging. On the other hand, NWSL is very strong, too, and there is a lot of good talent coming up to replace players who retire. Soccer is THE thing in Europe, so the U.S. will have tougher competition, for sure. I don't know about supplanting, exactly, but I wouldn't expect the kind of U.S. dominance we've seen over the last 20 years to continue.
    I thought England was the toughest out in the 2019 run and I remember Ellen White scoring on the US.

    20-0 is a big score.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Well, Man City got away with one today. They had very little in the way of decent scoring chances through most of the first half when the Wolves striker, Raul Jimenez, committed an ill-advised foul in the center of the field and got booked for it. The booking was a little soft, but not entirely unjustified. But then he petulantly stayed close to the ball (maybe 3 yards), and when the free kick was taken, he stuck out his leg to block it, which is a mandatory second booking and a sending off. Even then, it still took a soft penalty on a handball-that-maybe-wasn't-a-handball in the box late in the second half for City to get on the board. John Moss called the hand ball in live play, and VAR said that it wasn't a clear and obvious error, so the penalty stands, and Sterling converts. If Moss doesn't call it, that probably stands, as well. And that was all the scoring. Chelsea and Liverpool both won, City's luck keeps them top of the table instead of falling to third.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Forest Hills, NY
    And after falling back to earth v. the Toffees and. ManU, my Gunners played an strong match v. Southampton. 3-0.

    Strong D.

    Maybe Iíve missed it before, but it seems that much of our attack started with Ramsdale. Was very much in the play.

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Well, Man City got away with one today. They had very little in the way of decent scoring chances through most of the first half when the Wolves striker, Raul Jimenez, committed an ill-advised foul in the center of the field and got booked for it. The booking was a little soft, but not entirely unjustified. But then he petulantly stayed close to the ball (maybe 3 yards), and when the free kick was taken, he stuck out his leg to block it, which is a mandatory second booking and a sending off. Even then, it still took a soft penalty on a handball-that-maybe-wasn't-a-handball in the box late in the second half for City to get on the board. John Moss called the hand ball in live play, and VAR said that it wasn't a clear and obvious error, so the penalty stands, and Sterling converts. If Moss doesn't call it, that probably stands, as well. And that was all the scoring. Chelsea and Liverpool both won, City's luck keeps them top of the table instead of falling to third.
    City dominated that game and I am not a City fan btw.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    City dominated that game and I am not a City fan btw.
    Given that they played more than half the game up a man, it would be shocking if they hadn't dominated. Liverpool did essentially the same thing to Villa, but without the man advantage.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Pulisic with a beauty!

    Chelsea -2
    Liverpool -2

    Nearing end of the first half. (USA Network)

    This is wide-open football!
    Birds arenít real. Do your own research!

  19. #199
    You beat me to it ... this is a game you don't want to miss.

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Pulisic with a beauty!

    Chelsea -2
    Liverpool -2

    Nearing end of the first half. (USA Network)

    This is wide-open football!
    looks like you jinxed it...haha.

Similar Threads

  1. Premier League (and other soccer stuff) 2019
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-02-2019, 11:29 AM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-20-2018, 12:11 AM
  3. Premier League 2016-17 and Other Soccer Musings
    By luburch in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 06-04-2017, 10:27 AM
  4. 2014-15 English Premier League
    By wilson in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-05-2015, 06:14 PM
  5. English Premier League 2013-2014
    By luburch in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 156
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 12:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •