Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    That's an interesting offer, but ultimately probably meaningless. Other reporting suggests that Messi's decision is more about Koeman than about Bartomeu, the latter of whom has, after all, been President at Barca for more than six years. It isn't just Koeman's treatment of Messi himself, but Koeman has apparently told a number of the core Barca players, many of whom are good friends of Messi, that they aren't in Koeman's plans. Not just Suarez, but Rakitic, Umtiti, and Vidal have all been told to start looking for opportunities elsewhere.

I don't think this bridge can be rebuilt at this point.
    I think that’s right. So emotional and dramatic. Very on-brand for association football!

A good few weeks for my Gunners. First the FA Cup and now the Community Shield. Hope this is a turnaround season for us and we get back to being a top four club.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    A good few weeks for my Gunners. First the FA Cup and now the Community Shield. Hope this is a turnaround season for us and we get back to being a top four club.
    If they work from the back forward it should help them reestablish themselves. Back to the double edge sword of hope.

Premier League 2020-2021

The Arsenal - Top of the Table! (I'm taking even the smallest victories this year.)

Liverpool - Leeds is crazy fun.

Liverpool has been my team for ages, but Leeds is a great story and glad to see them back in the EPL. Hope they have a solid season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    The Arsenal - Top of the Table! (I'm taking even the smallest victories this year.)
    Spot on! Batter start to this campaign already, recognizing how weak FFC seems to be.

Seem better organized this year, and have improved the team. And thrilled that we retained Auba.

Peacock, Peacock Premium, etc.

Any of you with thoughts about what appears to be NBC plan to move lots of matches away from NBCSN to Peacock and Peacock Premium. Their promos claim some streamed matches will be on Peacock, free. But looks as if (1) lots of matches will be streamed as opposed to televised on NBCSN, and (2) most of the matches streamed will be on Peacock Premium, at $5/month subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Any of you with thoughts about what appears to be NBC plan to move lots of matches away from NBCSN to Peacock and Peacock Premium. Their promos claim some streamed matches will be on Peacock, free. But looks as if (1) lots of matches will be streamed as opposed to televised on NBCSN, and (2) most of the matches streamed will be on Peacock Premium, at $5/month subscription.
    Not a fan of this.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I'm gonna be watching lots less Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I'm gonna be watching lots less Premier League.
    Ditto. I thought I would be after catching parts of the abysmal Palace-Southampton game, too, but then Leeds gave Liverpool all they could handle and I perked up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Ditto. I thought I would be after catching parts of the abysmal Palace-Southampton game, too, but then Leeds gave Liverpool all they could handle and I perked up again.
    After downloading the Peacock app, it is apparent that the "free" portion is mostly stuff I don't want to watch. I'll go back and revisit that, but with YouTube TV, Netflix and Prime, adding another pay channel isn't likely. Britbox would be my choice if I add another service.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    After downloading the Peacock app, it is apparent that the "free" portion is mostly stuff I don't want to watch. I'll go back and revisit that, but with YouTube TV, Netflix and Prime, adding another pay channel isn't likely. Britbox would be my choice if I add another service.
    This month’s Peacock fee was money well spent, as I got to see Everton dismantle Spurs. James Rodríguez looks like the real deal, and Allan gives them the midfield bite they have lacked since foolishly selling Idrissa Gueye to PSG. A good day in the blue parts of Merseyside.

Tough match v. Hammers, but a win is a win. COYG.

It’s a meteor game for an Arsenal fan but Tottenham blasts Man U 6 to 1. Three hours later Aston Villa thrashes Liverpool 7 to 2. That’s a lot of scoring.

On a side note, I broke down and signed up for Peacock. I’m trying to hold the line on ESPN+ (FA Cup) and CBS All Access (Championship League).

It’s a meteor game for an Arsenal fan but Tottenham blasts Man U 6 to 1. Three hours later Aston Villa thrashes Liverpool 7 to 2. That’s a lot of scoring.

On a side note, I broke down and signed up for Peacock. I’m trying to hold the line on ESPN+ (FA Cup) and CBS All Access (Championship League).
    Curious as to your review.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Curious as to your review.
    For the live games, it’s exactly like the NBC Sports coverage. As for Peacock, it as a lot of content but we are already awash in content. I can watch the Psych movie without ads at least. If it wasn’t for my 73 year old dad calling every other day about “what channel is this match on?” I probably won’t have gotten it. Five bucks a month is a small prize to make him happy. I’m just waiting for the latter rounds of the Champions League and the FA Cup to roll around before he starts inquiring about them.

For those that have Comcast or Cox, you can get it for free on certain packages.

For the live games, it’s exactly like the NBC Sports coverage. As for Peacock, it as a lot of content but we are already awash in content. I can watch the Psych movie without ads at least. If it wasn’t for my 73 year old dad calling every other day about “what channel is this match on?” I probably won’t have gotten it. Five bucks a month is a small prize to make him happy. I’m just waiting for the latter rounds of the Champions League and the FA Cup to roll around before he starts inquiring about them.

For those that have Comcast or Cox, you can get it for free on certain packages.
    Thanks, Kdogg!

Three hours later Aston Villa thrashes Liverpool 7 to 2.
    And I thought the City-Leeds 1-1 draw was surprising (if they were going to tie, I figured it would be more like 3-3). But Liverpool allowing seven goals may be one of the most surprising individual PL game results I've ever seen. Now last year's top two teams have a combined goal differential of -1. Go figure.

Peacock

A couple frustrations with Peacock vs. NBCSN or even the NBC Sports Gold package. If a game is live, you can't start at the beginning and fast forward--extremely frustrating as I have gotten very used to DVR'ing (via YouTube TV) all Premier League games and starting to watch whenever. Eventually you get the full streaming experience (pause, FF, Rewind) but only a couple hours after the game is over. By then I probably found out the score.

Peacock also is not available on the Amazon Fire platform. I can work around this with a SmartTV/Chromecast setup, but is just one more annoying step to get to the game I want to watch.

I'll pay the $5 per month because I want to watch every Chelsea game, but I'm not happy about it. At least they won 4-0 this weekend and Pulisic is back!
    Good people drink good beer. -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
    A couple frustrations with Peacock vs. NBCSN or even the NBC Sports Gold package. If a game is live, you can't start at the beginning and fast forward--extremely frustrating as I have gotten very used to DVR'ing (via YouTube TV) all Premier League games and starting to watch whenever. Eventually you get the full streaming experience (pause, FF, Rewind) but only a couple hours after the game is over. By then I probably found out the score.

Peacock also is not available on the Amazon Fire platform. I can work around this with a SmartTV/Chromecast setup, but is just one more annoying step to get to the game I want to watch.
    I think that is a feature of the Amazon App. We have Rokus, Fire Sticks, an Apple TV and a NVIDIA Shield (Google TV). The NBCS app on the Roku has frequent authentication issues so we got the Fire Stick. If you switch from the Fire Stick to cable/satellite/TV it will automatically pause the game. The Roku does not have the live pause like the Fire Stick. If you would like I can check on the Google TV and Apple TV next match day.