Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Premier League (Fantasy too)

First game Friday. Who here is in the DBR EPL Fantasy League?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

I am. If you didn’t play last year, here is the code to join: grz3mw

It’s going to be a tight race for first between Man City and Liverpool. Spurs should place third on the table. Who will round out the top six?

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    I am. If you didn’t play last year, here is the code to join: grz3mw

It’s going to be a tight race for first between Man City and Liverpool. Spurs should place third on the table. Who will round out the top six?
    Would the sale of Eriksen drop Spurs at all for you?

I think City and Liverpool are comfortably ahead of the rest of the field. Spurs/Arsenal the next step down. Chelsea/United after that.

Anyone else have a shot of cracking the top 6? Everton? Wolves?

Wow. Wasn’t aware of the Eriksen situation. He would be a very good player for Man U. Is that enough for them to drop spurs out of third place? Perhaps if they get in the same injury situation they did last year. But if they can stay healthy, probably not. He was kind of playing out of position there anyway.

Last year was my first year in EPL fantasy. I am TOTALLY addicted and hoping to be much better this year. It’s Duke basketball like addiction....
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Gunners are going to be a lot of fun to watch this season. Not sure how many clean sheets they will record however!

Gunners are going to be a lot of fun to watch this season. Not sure how many clean sheets they will record however!
    Agree. Good to start off 2 to 0 in league play. Lacazette and Auba with the goals today. 65/35 possession advantage. I sense a 5 position at close of league play (again), but perhaps we will surprise.

Jose Mourinho in for the Spurs. North London just got a lot moodier.

Firing Poch is an interesting decision. Spurs have been in a rut for a while, but they were not going to hire a better manager than him. And they probably didn't. At least based on Mourinho's recent work.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Firing Poch is an interesting decision. Spurs have been in a rut for a while, but they were not going to hire a better manager than him. And they probably didn't. At least based on Mourinho's recent work.
    Don't make me dig up my old avatar.

I figured Jo-say would reappear somewhere. Just not in the Premier League.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

As an Arsenal fan, I look forward to the eventual dumpster fire that will emerge after this hire. I mean both figuratively and literally knowing that neighbor...I kid, I kid...at least about the literal part. The neighbor is better now. I'm relieved that the rumors linking him to Arsenal did not pan out.

From a business stand point Spurs are in a pickle. Arsenal went through the same problem after the Emirates opened and salaries and transfer fees were a lot less. Spurs have to have continued success (Champions League mainly) to afford the new stadium but this seems like a panic move.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    As an Arsenal fan, I look forward to the eventual dumpster fire that will emerge after this hire. I mean both figuratively and literally knowing that neighbor...I kid, I kid...at least about the literal part. The neighbor is better now. I'm relieved that the rumors linking him to Arsenal did not pan out.

From a business stand point Spurs are in a pickle. Arsenal went through the same problem after the Emirates opened and salaries and transfer fees were a lot less. Spurs have to have continued success (Champions League mainly) to afford the new stadium but this seems like a panic move.
    As a fellow Gooner, I am very disheartened this year. I wonder how long Unai lasts (a firing can't be too soon for me)

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    As a fellow Gooner, I am very disheartened this year. I wonder how long Unai lasts (a firing can't be too soon for me)
    I'm disappointed too. For so long, the defense was the one pillar we could count on but it's collapsed this last decade. Pity because the offense could be potent this year.

Even if we replace Unai, it would not fix the problems in management or the Academy. Let's be honest, Arsenal is fifth or six in importance on Stan Kroenke's sports team stable. He's got bigger problems with the LA stadium project. Plus his got his real businesses. That leaves Arsenal rudderless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    I'm disappointed too. For so long, the defense was the one pillar we could count on but it's collapsed this last decade. Pity because the offense could be potent this year.

Even if we replace Unai, it would not fix the problems in management or the Academy. Let's be honest, Arsenal is fifth or six in importance on Stan Kroenke's sports team stable. He's got bigger problems with the LA stadium project. Plus his got his real businesses. That leaves Arsenal rudderless.
    Well put.

Emery out at Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Emery out at Arsenal.
    Couldn't be happier. Need a big club manager. Gunners should be competing for the PL title every year, not trying for the top 6 for Europa entry. And certainly not losing or drawing with the bottom level clubs.

Now to have Kroenke open some purse strings...

PS. I saw that a legend is assuming the role - Freddy Ljungberg. I worry about legends assuming roles...i.e., Chris Mullin here at St. John's...

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Couldn't be happier. Need a big club manager. Gunners should be competing for the PL title every year, not trying for the top 6 for Europa entry. And certainly not losing or drawing with the bottom level clubs.

Now to have Kroenke open some purse strings...

PS. I saw that a legend is assuming the role - Freddy Ljungberg. I worry about legends assuming roles...i.e., Chris Mullin here at St. John's...
    Matt Doherty at UNC . . . .

(Okay, far from a legend. Just wanted to say it though)

Man city banned. Must be that light blue that causes teams to cheat!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51510284

Man city banned. Must be that light blue that causes teams to cheat!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...tball/51510284
    While I'm all for the ban, it might not state. Good article about the big money that backs city vs UEFA. I look for Paris Saint-Germain F.C to be the next target.

Big EPL upset with Liverpool falling to cellar dweller Watford by three goals. They are winning the EPL but not going undefeated. As an Arsenal supporter, it’s best summed up by:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Arsenal/s...35776108089344