Arsenal 3 - Man U 2 !!

COYG

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Arsenal 3 - Man U 2 !!

COYG
    What a match, what a finish!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I was too busy watching the Duke ladies to pay attention. But I've been saying it all along: Maybe Arsenal really are this good. I think a lot of people actually believe it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    I was too busy watching the Duke ladies to pay attention. But I've been saying it all along: Maybe Arsenal really are this good. I think a lot of people actually believe it at this point.
    I do. COYG

Fantastic game and Arsenal absolutely deserved it. They went all out for the win not settling for a draw….
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

After pooping on Arsenal earlier in the season, I'm now a believer. Great coach, great young core, great patience.

The Premier League is on fire right now. Man City is Man City. Arsenal is back. Man Utd is up-and-coming. Newcastle has the best defense in the league. Liverpool has talent and money but figuring how to make things work. Tottenham has a nice core, a good coach, and has been unlucky. Only Chelsea is a trainwreck.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    After pooping on Arsenal earlier in the season, I'm now a believer. Great coach, great young core, great patience.

The Premier League is on fire right now. Man City is Man City. Arsenal is back. Man Utd is up-and-coming. Newcastle has the best defense in the league. Liverpool has talent and money but figuring how to make things work. Tottenham has a nice core, a good coach, and has been unlucky. Only Chelsea is a trainwreck.
    And not to mention that only three points separate the bottom seven teams. The relegation fight will be fierce.

And not to mention that only three points separate the bottom seven teams. The relegation fight will be fierce.
    Especially since Everton (!?!) is in that mix.

Speaking of train wrecks, yikes.

For sale for the low, low price of $615 million (and maybe the the finishing cost of the new stadium). Even with their problems that seems low especially for a Petrostate.

If anyone is a Chelsea fan, I would love insight on what they are doing. Trying to corner the market on smallish forwards? Spend money like a drunken sailor? Does the new owner know about Financial Fair Play (even if it’s a joke)? The scouts literally quit so now it seems they are looking at what everyone else wants to do and follow. Usually I wouldn’t care but it’s messing with by team now.

So it looks like McKennie is headed to Leeds on a loan deal with an option (maybe even a commitment) to buy during the summer window. Looks like Leeds is working hard to establish themselves as the natural EPL landing spot for American fans. I’ll sure be watching. McKennie, Adams, and Aaronson getting regular minutes together should be good for USMNT chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    So it looks like McKennie is headed to Leeds on a loan deal with an option (maybe even a commitment) to buy during the summer window. Looks like Leeds is working hard to establish themselves as the natural EPL landing spot for American fans. I’ll sure be watching. McKennie, Adams, and Aaronson getting regular minutes together should be good for USMNT chemistry.
    Yes, and I hope they are not my favorite team in the Championship league next season.

Yes, and I hope they are not my favorite team in the Championship league next season.
    Ha! Isn’t that the truth. That may be the only surprising aspect of McKennie’s choice. He must be a believer in what Marsch is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Interesting choice. Adams is 99% defense, 1% offense (and that may be generous). McKennie is 75% defense, 25% offense. That midfield - like USMNT - is all defense. Leeds is gonna continue struggling to find goals.

Their goal is clearly to avoid relegation, and it's arguably better to be good at defense than it is on offense. Hope they can hold opponents to 0-0 or 1-1 draws.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Interesting choice. Adams is 99% defense, 1% offense (and that may be generous). McKennie is 75% defense, 25% offense. That midfield - like USMNT - is all defense. Leeds is gonna continue struggling to find goals.

Their goal is clearly to avoid relegation, and it's arguably better to be good at defense than it is on offense. Hope they can hold opponents to 0-0 or 1-1 draws.
    Good point on MF and goal generation. What I saw in the US midfield was lack of creativity in the cup, and inability to consistently break lines to goal. It will be interesting to see how they work together at club level.

Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    Good point on MF and goal generation. What I saw in the US midfield was lack of creativity in the cup, and inability to consistently break lines to goal. It will be interesting to see how they work together at club level.
    I mean, they won't offensively. Tyler Adams cannot advance the ball. He doesn't provide assists, and he doesn't score. Over the last 5 seasons in the PL and Bundesliga, Adams has played 121 games. In that time, he's scored 2 goals. 2 goals!!! Kante, who plays a similar role and never looks to score, had 2 goals for Chelsea last season.

McKennie is more interesting. He's a bulldog who works harder than any player on the pitch. If Marsh can mold him more into a lurker who scores goals by being in the right place at the right time, he may generate some offense.

Also, don't be fooled; neither are creative and cannot be creative. Adams will always be a holding midfielder without any offensive chops. McKennie can develop into an all-round midfielder who defends hard and scores ~6-8 goals a season.

I mean, they won't offensively. Tyler Adams cannot advance the ball. He doesn't provide assists, and he doesn't score. Over the last 5 seasons in the PL and Bundesliga, Adams has played 121 games. In that time, he's scored 2 goals. 2 goals!!! Kante, who plays a similar role and never looks to score, had 2 goals for Chelsea last season.

McKennie is more interesting. He's a bulldog who works harder than any player on the pitch. If Marsh can mold him more into a lurker who scores goals by being in the right place at the right time, he may generate some offense.

Also, don't be fooled; neither are creative and cannot be creative. Adams will always be a holding midfielder without any offensive chops. McKennie can develop into an all-round midfielder who defends hard and scores ~6-8 goals a season.
    Spot on! Will be interesting to see where Antonee Robinson goes... I think he is sometimes like a bull in a China shop... Overdribbles in to oblivion at times. Man City would be a nice new gig! Those middies in MC will never let Antonee over dribble.

Everton came to play today. Good performance for the new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Everton came to play today. Good performance for the new coach.
    That was an energetic Everton side, glad for the fans.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    That was an energetic Everton side, glad for the fans.
    A great way to start the day in the proper shade of blue. I expected better under Dyche, but in the form Arsenal have been, even hoping for a draw felt like a reach given how Everton had done done. I know I watched with Blue-shaded glasses, but even with Arsenal doubling them on possession, it wasn't a fluke goal, Everton had the better chances. Goodison is better dead than red