Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    I’d say, behind the big two, it’s probably a toss up between Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal…Man U could still improve as well..
    They kinda HAVE to improve. They are dead last in the table, pending Palace's likely drubbing at the hands of Liverpool. But to the point of challenging for third? I don't see it at this point. Pundits are talking about MU being a years-long project. Given the play in the last two games, that might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I think the Spurs will be head and shoulders better than Chelsea; their attack is stacked. But I can see the three of them battling it out.

As for Man U, really? That team is in complete disarray. It's really sad. And there isn't a fixable solution in sight. They aren't going to finish in the top 6, not to mention the top 4.
    Last year Arsenal started 0-2 and then 1-3 after a six (5?) goal drubbing by City. They looked bad for months before salvaging something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Last year Arsenal started 0-2 and then 1-3 after a six (5?) goal drubbing by City. They looked bad for months before salvaging something.
    Arteta was in his third season with a team he helped build. And the team makes sense.

Man Utd have a brand new coach, a cancerous aging superstar who is still the best offensive scorer, beaten down center backs, no holding midfielders, and a creative midfielder who lost the ability to be creative. Oh, and a whole army of wingers who can't find their form.

Man Utd isn't competing this year.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Chelsea also seem to be lacking any sort of transfer strategy. They repeatedly just buy players who are linked to other clubs and then sell their assets for pennies on the dollars.

Pulisic needs to leave for somewhere he'll be getting consistent minutes each week and will have more of the ball at his feet. Leicester and West Ham would both work well.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Chelsea also seem to be lacking any sort of transfer strategy. They repeatedly just buy players who are linked to other clubs and then sell their assets for pennies on the dollars.

Pulisic needs to leave for somewhere he'll be getting consistent minutes each week and will have more of the ball at his feet. Leicester and West Ham would both work well.
    Yup. Agreed. Although it's kinda explainable; the new owner - Todd Boehly - is also the acting Sporting Director. Pretty sure Boehly has little to no experience running a soccer club and the sharks are circling...

Werner, Lukaku, Christensen, Rudiger...it's a crazy amount of talent to lose.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Yup. Agreed. Although it's kinda explainable; the new owner - Todd Boehly - is also the acting Sporting Director. Pretty sure Boehly has little to no experience running a soccer club and the sharks are circling...

Werner, Lukaku, Christensen, Rudiger...it's a crazy amount of talent to lose.
    Tuchel must be a great manager but he has a problem with getting his strikers to score at Chelsea. Werner missed so many last year, week after week. Lukaku just didn’t fit in. Now Sterling hasn’t scored yet. It’s only two games and so far 3 goals. Two defenders have scored plus Jorginho with a pen. Time will tell.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Tuchel must be a great manager but he has a problem with getting his strikers to score at Chelsea. Werner missed so many last year, week after week. Lukaku just didn’t fit in. Now Sterling hasn’t scored yet. It’s only two games and so far 3 goals. Two defenders have scored plus Jorginho with a pen. Time will tell.
    Tuchel is a very good manager… but he is only great for the first 12-18 months at a club. At PSG, he was incredibly successful in his first two years. In his first 6 months at Chelsea, he won the Champions League!

I think his style wears on players. This, say, versus Kloop and Pep who are able to sustain success over 5+ years.

We are only two weeks in but the season’s had some great matches already. Newcastle v City was nuts although I do question adding 3 full minutes to the already announced 5 for injury time at the end. It was like Fergie Time for City.

We are only two weeks in but the season’s had some great matches already. Newcastle v City was nuts although I do question adding 3 full minutes to the already announced 5 for injury time at the end. It was like Fergie Time for City.
    Agreed. What a fun match.

As an American, I really loved the Leeds-Chelsea match as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Agreed. What a fun match.

As an American, I really loved the Leeds-Chelsea match as well.
    What a great start to the season for Leeds. 7 points in their first 3 matches and they could easily be sitting at 9 points. Aaronson is quickly becoming a fan favorite (err, favourite) at Elland Road. His motor is unbelievable. He’s been menacing back lines with his pressing. It’s fitting his 1st goal (what should be his 2nd goal) was on a GK error created by his pressure. Berhalter has to find a way to get him in the starting 11, doesn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    What a great start to the season for Leeds. 7 points in their first 3 matches and they could easily be sitting at 9 points. Aaronson is quickly becoming a fan favorite (err, favourite) at Elland Road. His motor is unbelievable. He’s been menacing back lines with his pressing. It’s fitting his 1st goal (what should be his 2nd goal) was on a GK error created by his pressure. Berhalter has to find a way to get him in the starting 11, doesn’t he?
    Absolutely.

Now, we need to free Pulisic from Chelsea. Would love to see him go to Newcastle.

And how ‘bout those Gunners? Complete turnaround from last year’s start.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    And how ‘bout those Gunners? Complete turnaround from last year’s start.
    Ya done did now.

What I like about the coverage that we get here in the US is that they show the celebrations with the fans at the end. I love the way the players and the managers acknowledge the fans and take the time after the match to celebrate their victory together. Then there is the fans singing and celebrating themselves. The Leeds fans today and the Arsenal fans yesterday. Just brilliant
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Liverpool - Man U today. Both teams need a good result.

As a City fan, if Liverpool beat United, I'll be happy. If Man U beats Liverpool, I'll be happy. If they tie, I'll be ecstatic. I cannot lose today.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    As a City fan, if Liverpool beat United, I'll be happy. If Man U beats Liverpool, I'll be happy. If they tie, I'll be ecstatic. I cannot lose today.
    As a Leicester fan ... the only thing that drives me today is my fanatical hatred of ManU.

Great game. United went back to their pre season attacking line up (without Ronaldo) and were great. Changes in defense too. Overall they had a lot more energy. Liverpool were a little short on ideas but they do have several injuries.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Great game. United went back to their pre season attacking line up (without Ronaldo) and were great. Changes in defense too. Overall they had a lot more energy. Liverpool were a little short on ideas but they do have several injuries.
    Martinez was huge for ManU.

They look much more like a team without Ronaldo in the eleven.

Martinez was huge for ManU.

They look much more like a team without Ronaldo in the eleven.
    Yup. He's a cancer at this point.

Man Utd was so energetic yesterday. This isn't a turning point just yet, but it's a step in the right direction.

Man City is going to run away with the Premier League title this year. My guess is they win it by 15+ points.