Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I wanna hear what Roy Keane has to say. Opinions on DBR do not come close to Roy Keane opinions. He makes Stephen A Smith sound like a 6-term Senator...
    Wait, I'm all in for hearing what Roy Kent has to say. Because he's here, he's there, he's every, ahem, where.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wait, I'm all in for hearing what Roy Kent has to say. Because he's here, he's there, he's every, ahem, where.
    Must spread Sporkz….

Beat me to the TL reference. Well done.

well done!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Not sure where to put thoughts, so going here.

So we just pretending like this morning didn't happen?

Turner in goal was probably our only decent performer or it would have been more like 5-0.

It's hard to build from the back when your backs can't pass. I'm hoping the inability to transition from defense to offense was hinder by Musah's absence, but you did see where Adam's is good defensively, but hopeless starting the attack. De La Torre had been good in qualifying, but he and McKennie were just bad with their touches today. Reyna and Aaronson were not great overall, but at least had moments. Pepsi and Pifok were probably more impressive not playing than Ferreira and Sargent who did(Sargent was just invisible while Ferreira had the US's one decent chance and didn't even come close to target)

Just a frustrating morning to watch. Curious as to others thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Not sure where to put thoughts, so going here.

So we just pretending like this morning didn't happen?

Turner in goal was probably our only decent performer or it would have been more like 5-0.

It's hard to build from the back when your backs can't pass. I'm hoping the inability to transition from defense to offense was hinder by Musah's absence, but you did see where Adam's is good defensively, but hopeless starting the attack. De La Torre had been good in qualifying, but he and McKennie were just bad with their touches today. Reyna and Aaronson were not great overall, but at least had moments. Pepsi and Pifok were probably more impressive not playing than Ferreira and Sargent who did(Sargent was just invisible while Ferreira had the US's one decent chance and didn't even come close to target)

Just a frustrating morning to watch. Curious as to others thoughts.
    Hard to disagree with any of this. The defense was horrible, especially the CBs. And we had possession for 58% of the match with ZERO shots on goal and a lousy early header from Ferreira.

Painful to watch, worrisome for the road ahead.

Gunners!

And down go Sp*rs.

Great start to the league season.

https://youtu.be/y8Nz3OZ0RFA

City absolutely destroyed United this morning to stay just one point behind in the early title race. The final was 6-3, but it wasn't even that close. They had double hat tricks for the game (Haaland and Foden), and Haaland has scored a home game hat trick hat trick (3 consecutive home games with 3 goals). They were impressive today. Ten Hag and Ronaldo were both tight-lipped and shaking their heads on the United bench, which was interesting to watch.

However, I am reevaluating my assessment of Arsenal. Everyone on that team looks like they understand where they need to be and where their teammates are going to be. They have good talent, no question, but it is the way that they have been playing together that is most remarkable. And post-game, they look like a big, happy family.

Arsenal really might be this good.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    City absolutely destroyed United this morning to stay just one point behind in the early title race. The final was 6-3, but it wasn't even that close. They had double hat tricks for the game (Haaland and Foden), and Haaland has scored a home game hat trick hat trick (3 consecutive home games with 3 goals). They were impressive today. Ten Hag and Ronaldo were both tight-lipped and shaking their heads on the United bench, which was interesting to watch.

However, I am reevaluating my assessment of Arsenal. Everyone on that team looks like they understand where they need to be and where their teammates are going to be. They have good talent, no question, but it is the way that they have been playing together that is most remarkable. And post-game, they look like a big, happy family.

Arsenal really might be this good.
    Still VERY early, but I could not be happier with the team. They are playing like they enjoy it - not like the listless and disengaged squad we saw over the past few years at times.

Haaland is a beast, but we knew that. Hate that City keeps picking those types of players up. Helps to have infinitely deep pockets.

Eight games into the season, Everton and Liverpool are level on points. Didn’t see that coming.

Everton’s rebuilt defense has allowed the second-fewest goals in the league. And DCL hasn’t played a minute yet, so there are serious prospects for offensive improvement.

COYB.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Still VERY early, but I could not be happier with the team. They are playing like they enjoy it - not like the listless and disengaged squad we saw over the past few years at times.

Haaland is a beast, but we knew that. Hate that City keeps picking those types of players up. Helps to have infinitely deep pockets.
    Also helps that Arsenal paid enough for Jesus and Zinchenko (two fine players that I loved at City) to cover the transfer fees for Haaland, Alvarez and Akanji. Not disputing the depth of City's pockets, exactly. Just pointing out that City does a lot of really good business too. Lots of teams spend with little regard for the consequences -- Chelsea's spending like a drunken sailor and is going to spend a good bit more on Nkunku from Leipzig in January or next summer; United's spent more than City; Liverpool's balance its purchases with sales, but also set (at the time) records with both the Van Djik and Alisson signings, and paid a huge fee for Darwin Nunez this summer. City's not alone in their spending in England.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Also helps that Arsenal paid enough for Jesus and Zinchenko (two fine players that I loved at City) to cover the transfer fees for Haaland, Alvarez and Akanji. Not disputing the depth of City's pockets, exactly. Just pointing out that City does a lot of really good business too. Lots of teams spend with little regard for the consequences -- Chelsea's spending like a drunken sailor and is going to spend a good bit more on Nkunku from Leipzig in January or next summer; United's spent more than City; Liverpool's balance its purchases with sales, but also set (at the time) records with both the Van Djik and Alisson signings, and paid a huge fee for Darwin Nunez this summer. City's not alone in their spending in England.
    Well put. I just dislike City since they raided Arsenal a number of years ago. I won't root for NYCFC in MLS for that reason although it is my local team and will probably have a pitch built for them in Queens (my home).

Jesus has been a godsend for us.

Well put. I just dislike City since they raided Arsenal a number of years ago. I won't root for NYCFC in MLS for that reason although it is my local team and will probably have a pitch built for them in Queens (my home).

Jesus has been a godsend for us.
    I'm thrilled for Gabby that he's having such a great start at Arsenal. His contributions didn't always come through on the scoresheet at City, but he was a really important player on four title teams. Last year, his play in the second half was instrumental to City holding off Liverpool. I'd loved for him to have stayed, but between Haaland coming in and the good that can come from a fresh start, I get why we went. Rooting for him save for matches against City.

I don’t want to jinx anything, but it’s beginning to look like my Gunners are real this year. The post game show on USA today called them the second best and second most rounded in the league now to City.

Perhaps I must now take back all the nasty things I have said over the past few years about Arteta.

COYG

I don’t want to jinx anything, but it’s beginning to look like my Gunners are real this year. The post game show on USA today called them the second best and second most rounded in the league now to City.

Perhaps I must now take back all the nasty things I have said over the past few years about Arteta.

COYG
    Impressive and fun match today.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Impressive and fun match today.
    I was sweating when the ref let the 5 minute stoppage time go to 8 minutes (I guess it was because of the delays in the 5 minutes, etc.)

I don’t want to jinx anything, but it’s beginning to look like my Gunners are real this year.
    What did I tell you last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    What did I tell you last season?
    Prescient!

How will the Dow do tomorrow?

Arsenal are great and Liverpool very bad but Arsenal won with a very weak penalty and Liverpool had a penalty declined for a handball that in so many other instances would have been called. The margins are very close. Salah is just not himself neither is TAA. Anyway I am kicking myself for listening to the so called experts and taking Arsenal assets out of my fantasy team a couple of weeks ago because of so called tough fixtures..
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Liverpool - City was crazy fun to watch.