Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Wow! Arsenal v Bournemouth ends with the closest thing to a buzzer beater in football. Arsenal comes back from 0-2 to win 3-2 in the 97th minute. Bournemouth started off with one of the quickest goals I have ever seen - 9 seconds.
    I read that it was the second fastest in League history. Whew!!!! The 6 we needed this week.

In other news, my Foxes are descending rapidly to the relegation zone, which sees the 7 bottom teams only separated by 4 points (although Forest has a game in hand and could gain a bit of separation by beating woeful Everton tomorrow).

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    I read that it was the second fastest in League history. Whew!!!! The 6 we needed this week.
    That comeback was insane!! Forest and Everton knotted at 2-2, 3 min left in stoppage.

Big game for Man United today against Liverpool!

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Half way there.
    All the way there for the 6 points Dang, what a comeback!!

This ABMU fan is living large today ... and quite stunned by it.

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    This ABMU fan is living large today ... and quite stunned by it.
    That was insane! Man U had a couple of chances before half time, then fell completely apart at the start of the second half. Understatement of the year! Ouchhhhh.

Liverpool just laid a big egg.

As of now, 5 points separate the bottom 9 teams in the league. I think the relegation battle will be more interesting as the season winds down than the battle for the top four.

As of now, 5 points separate the bottom 9 teams in the league. I think the relegation battle will be more interesting as the season winds down than the battle for the top four.
    Prefer the top 4 battle (or top 2 actually). 😉 COYG.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Liverpool just laid a big egg.

Good example of the law of conservation of greatness.

EPL is back from the international break and heading for the home stretch. There's a two way race for the top, a three way race for 4th and 5th places, and what looks like 8 or 9 teams fighting to avoid regulation. It's one of the most muddied table in years.

Brendan Rodgers has left Leicester City by "mutual consent." Graham Potter has been sacked after seven months at Chelsea. He must regret leaving Brighton. I find it strange that the Chelsea ownership is called "co-controlling owners Todd Boehly and Behdad Eghbali." Someone must not have liked Boehly being the only face. I've lost count but think that's the 12th coaching change of the year.

City brought the hammer down against Liverpool yesterday (without Haaland) . They look damn good. They have 7 out 10 against the current bottom half of the table to end the season.

Arsenal appears to be close to life-support in their title bid, but got a jolt just before 2nd-half extra time today, getting 2 goals in 3 minutes (the second in the 90th minute) to wrest a halve from bottom-dwelling Southampton. During extra time they had a shot hit the crossbar. But bottom line: they got a point they didn't really deserve against a team headed for relegation.

Arsenal appears to be close to life-support in their title bid, but got a jolt just before 2nd-half extra time today, getting 2 goals in 3 minutes (the second in the 90th minute) to wrest a halve from bottom-dwelling Southampton. During extra time they had a shot hit the crossbar. But bottom line: they got a point they didn't really deserve against a team headed for relegation.
    Dropping points like it’s going out of style. I blame myself for even entertaining the idea of a title. I know better and I know the rules of Fight Club.

Wrest a point or no, the dropped points mean that both Arsenal and Man City now control their own destiny in the title race, so the game between them on Wednesday is absolutely crucial. The winner will have the advantage, and the loser will need help to win it. Build-ups don't get much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Wrest a point or no, the dropped points mean that both Arsenal and Man City now control their own destiny in the title race, so the game between them on Wednesday is absolutely crucial. The winner will have the advantage, and the loser will need help to win it. Build-ups don't get much better than that.
    And the match of the weekend is Newcastle-Spurs Sunday at 9. Go Magpies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Dropping points like it’s going out of style. I blame myself for even entertaining the idea of a title. I know better and I know the rules of Fight Club.
    Drop 6 of 9 points and you make your life way more difficult. COYG.

Even with Calvert-Lewin finally returning from injury, and Onana expected back fo4 Thursday’s game at home to Newcastle, it’s becoming increasingly apparent that Sean Dyche doesn’t have enough rabbits to pull out of his hat.

Spurs are playing about as good as their kit looks today. And just as I typed that, another goal down. This has potential for being an epic beatdown.

Spurs are playing about as good as their kit looks today. And just as I typed that, another goal down. This has potential for being an epic beatdown.
    “Wow, that escalated quickly”

That's a wrap for the EPL Title race. With Arsenal's loss to Nottingham Forest today Man City clinch the Premier League title. They are on the verge of a treble, UEFA Financial Fair Play be damned. (Remember when that was a story. Too bad (the eventual?) point deductions can't be retroactive.) That team steamrolled Real Madrid earlier this week so it's the most probable outcome. True story. A few weeks ago after City thrashed Arsenal, my dad got up from the sofa, let the dog out, then collapsed and lost consciousness for about five seconds. A trip to the ER, a follow up with a cardiologist, an echo, a stress test, a cardiac cauterization and then a double bypass later we watched the game today and talked about what could have been. A year ago, if you told us that we would comfortably finish second we would have taken it...ironically...in a heartbeat. During that City game we lamented the lost opportunity for a title. Today, we were just happy to be watching the game...any game. In retrospect that lose might have saved his life. The world is a strange place.

In lighter news, unless something shocking takes place Newcastle and Man U will round out the top four and the Champions League spots with Liverpool bumped down to Europa League. At worst they finish 6th. Brighton has the inside track for the other Europa League spot but Aston Villa, Tottenham and Brentford are not eliminated. One of them will take the EPL's Europa Conference League spot.